Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Anonymous" = Miles Taylor
(10-29-2020, 07:25 PM)Dill Wrote: LOL I witnessed me voting for him.

[Image: 6o48wwqemkqy.jpg]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 10:56 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: This is my general response to just about anything that comes out of this administration.

"Huh, look at that. Another story about how awful this administration is, how corrupt they are, how blatantly they disregard the rules, standards, norms and understood values of our society and how little they care about the constitution...Anyway, do you want to go get something to eat?"

Even the big things like them being absurdly hypocritical regarding the supreme court or them downplaying a pandemic to the tune of 230k+ deaths. 

I'm not sure what that says about me but I've been so desensitized to scandal that it really just doesn't phase me anymore.

Every single story about Trump would be headline news for months of another administration (especially the Obama administration). But for him, they slide off like water off a duck's back. It's just become America's new normal.

I understand the feeling. I felt it as I posted those articles. Pre-Trump Anonymous would be a bombshell of historical/biblical proportion. Now it is just another report about a "disgruntled employee.' Nevermind that he is disgruntled because an incompetent president is breaking government.

Chaos and disorientation are partly the goal. We aren't a totalitarian society, but in such people are deluged with constant lies so they are disoriented and just back off from challenging power. If I understand Hannah Arendt correctly, lying is itself a demonstration of power to shape reality, of control of reality. 

Trump and Fox have taken us a step towards a state authority which constantly lies in its own interest and attacks all who speak truth to power as the "real" liars and fake news. This has created a segment of the voting public devoted to trusting and defending the dear leader as the distrust all those who "make up lies" about him. It has also created a fringe of confused voters, who still don't quite get that the president doesn't know what he's doing when it comes to governance, but does when it comes to manipulating that 30-40% who can't trust the lying liberal media.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 01:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: KANYE 2020

Probably the only man on this planet with an ego bigger than the Donald.

I'd love to see him in a Presidential debate.

"Kanye, is it true that you like fisksticks?"
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 07:28 PM)Nately120 Wrote: [Image: 6o48wwqemkqy.jpg]

Ha ha. I was all ready to vote for Hart.  He looked so Kennedyesque.  

Then came "Monkey Business."  Death knell in pre-Trump politics.

[Image: c7b6d35b-6816-4447-beaf-e65e1ed7dccc.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 07:37 PM)Dill Wrote: Ha ha. I was all ready to vote for Hart.  He looked so Kennedyesque.  

Then came "Monkey Business."  Death knell in pre-Trump politics.

[Image: c7b6d35b-6816-4447-beaf-e65e1ed7dccc.jpg]

Wait, he looked Kennedyesque BEFORE he had an extramarital affair?
Reply/Quote
Trump 2020
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 10:59 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: Trump 2020

Why?
Reply/Quote