Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Bengal legend wants Burrow
Anthony Munoz was on Golic and Wingo this morning and they asked him to weigh in on who the Bengals should take, he said without a doubt its Joe Burrow.

He cited a bit of concern over Young being shutdown in such a big game against Michigan. And that as much as he likes Andy Dalton the person, we need to go QB.

I’ll gladly side with the GOAT.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
If they have the #1 pick and don't take him, I'll show myself the door.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
With the 1st pick of the 2020 NFL DRAFT, the Cincinnati Bengals select, Joe Burrow, QB, LSU.
Reply/Quote
Poor Joe Burrow....lol.

Agreed, that's the pick they have to make. They need to get their thumbs out of their asses in FA.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 12:49 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: If they have the #1 pick and don't take him, I'll show myself the door.

Lucky for you MB would rather have a QB than an OL. :)
Reply/Quote
I'm going to wait until I see Joe Burrow in the playoffs against Oklahoma and anyone else LSU gets to play to firm up my draft preference. If he turns into Andy 2.0 in the playoffs it might be wise to look elsewhere.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 01:09 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Lucky for you MB would rather have a QB than an OL. :)

It would be insane to go OL #1OA.

Reply/Quote
For those of you who have watched a lot of Burrow, how would you rate his accuracy on throws 25+ yards downfield? Don't give me stats either. Just tell me if he often places the ball where the receiver can continue in stride while the ball arrives. The completion percentage only tells you if a ball is caught, but it doesn't tell you if the receiver had to wait on it or otherwise alter his route.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 01:10 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I'm going to wait until I see Joe Burrow in the playoffs against Oklahoma and anyone else LSU gets to play to firm up my draft preference. If he turns into Andy 2.0 in the playoffs it might be wise to look elsewhere.

College is basically playoff pressure all season long. One bad loss and you’re done.

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 01:16 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: College is basically playoff pressure all season long. One bad loss and you’re done.

....but the skill level is obviously higher in the NFL. Besides, Dalton and Palmer won big games in college, and that didn't translate well here.

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 01:26 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: ....but the skill level is obviously higher in the NFL. Besides, Dalton and Palmer won big games in college, and that didn't translate well here.

Well, I’m going to be optimistic and believe this kid will be good enough to get us over the hump. 2 QB’s in 15 years is hardly a large enough sample size to say no one can win here.

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 01:28 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Well, I’m going to be optimistic and believe this kid will be good enough to get us over the hump. 2 QB’s in 15 years is hardly a large enough sample size to say no one can win here.

Shew man.... I've seen too much of Son of Paul's shitshow to get optimistic now! LMAO

They really have no choice this draft....I hope he can finally get it done.

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 01:28 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Well, I’m going to be optimistic and believe this kid will be good enough to get us over the hump. 2 QB’s in 15 years is hardly a large enough sample size to say no one can win here.

True, but having no playoff wins to show for being good and stable at QB for 15 years is a whole different kind of bad look.  
Reply/Quote
If this organization has decided that they want Burrow, then there's absolutely no reason to play Dalton on Sunday - especially coming off of yet another 4 INT performance. I know Mike Brown hates losing to Cleveland, so you figure they'll try to win that game. Which means they MUST lose next week to ensure the first overall pick.

Start Finley. Start Dolegala. Hell, throw Kevin Huber in there at QB.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 01:26 PM)Wyche Wrote: ....but the skill level is obviously higher in the NFL. Besides, Dalton and Palmer won big games in college, and that didn't translate well here.

That is true, but I still believe that if Carson didnt go down early in the Steelers game, we'd have won and possibly made it to another SB. What a kick to the gut that was!

Poor AJ McCarron did everything he had to do to lead us to a playoff win and somewhere between Jeremy Hill, the refs, Pacman and Burfict, it was painfully lost. If Hill hangs onto the ball, game over. The chaos that took place after that fumble I'll never fully understand. 
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 01:38 PM)Big Boss Wrote: If this organization has decided that they want Burrow, then there's absolutely no reason to play Dalton on Sunday - especially coming off of yet another 4 INT performance.  I know Mike Brown hates losing to Cleveland, so you figure they'll try to win that game.  Which means they MUST lose next week to ensure the first overall pick.

Start Finley.  Start Dolegala.  Hell, throw Kevin Huber in there at QB.

Kevin Huber's jaw says no thank you.... Mellow

Reply/Quote
Burrow is a must unless they get offered a stupid trade.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 01:38 PM)Big Boss Wrote: If this organization has decided that they want Burrow, then there's absolutely no reason to play Dalton on Sunday - especially coming off of yet another 4 INT performance.  I know Mike Brown hates losing to Cleveland, so you figure they'll try to win that game.  Which means they MUST lose next week to ensure the first overall pick.

Start Finley.  Start Dolegala.  Hell, throw Kevin Huber in there at QB.

Andy gives us our best chance to lose.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 02:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Andy gives us our best chance to lose.

Finley is far, far worse.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 01:38 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Poor AJ McCarron did everything he had to do to lead us to a playoff win and somewhere between Jeremy Hill, the refs, Pacman and Burfict, it was painfully lost. If Hill hangs onto the ball, game over. The chaos that took place after that fumble I'll never fully understand. 

I know it's water under the bridge but AJ McCarron really rose to the occasion when Andy Dalton went down in 2015.  I was there when AJ threw that touchdown pass to AJ Green in the playoff game against the Steelers to put the Bengals ahead.  Rewinding back a few months further, I also remember the 2015 training camp where McCarron played lights out and pushed Andy Dalton to get better or lose his starting position.  While Andy Dalton is arguably the better quarterback of the two, McCarron had that confidence and "swagger" Dalton never had.  This is something you can't coach or teach; lots of great quarterbacks didn't have "it" but still succeeded. 

Among today's NFL quarterbacks only a few have "it."  Ben Roethlisberger has "it."  Patrick Mahomes has "it."  Lamar Jackson has more of "it" than anyone I've seen since Ken Stabler and Joe Namath.  I suspect Kyler Murray might have "it" too. 
Reply/Quote