Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Bengal legend wants Burrow
(12-16-2019, 12:53 PM)Bigcatfan Wrote: With the 1st pick of the 2020 NFL DRAFT, the Cincinnati Bengals select, Joe Burrow, QB, LSU.

Here is why I am against drafting Burrow.... his arm strength is limited. Many NFL directors see him as a Derek Carr/Dalton type of passer in the NFL. Do we need another Dalton to run the show? 

"In speaking to a few directors of college scouting for NFL teams, they felt that Burrow has looked good but has some limitations in arm strength for the next level. They based that off of watching Burrow in person this year in games and practice. They thought that he is an efficient game manager with prototypical size, but his arm talent is not elite. Because of the skill-set limitations, they see him as a prospect similar to Andy Dalton or Derek Carr. "

I rather the team draft Herbert as he is a bit taller and has the arm strength. Burrow maybe a bit more accurate but if you cannot get the ball down the field you limit the team offensive schemes. 

"Herbert displays good size and a strong arm with the ability to loft in touch passes. He can drop in passes with nice ball placement that leads his receivers and beats quality coverage with the location of his passes. Given his height and size, Herbert can comfortably stand tall in the pocket and demonstrate the patience to let routes develop. Along with his arm talent, Herbert is a quality athlete who has the ability to pick up yards on the ground."

This website has some additional info on the top QB for this coming draft. 

https://walterfootball.com/draft2020QB.php
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2019, 02:47 PM)MEBengalsFan Wrote: Here is why I am against drafting Burrow.... his arm strength is limited. Many NFL directors see him as a Derek Carr/Dalton type of passer in the NFL. Do we need another Dalton to run the show? 

"In speaking to a few directors of college scouting for NFL teams, they felt that Burrow has looked good but has some limitations in arm strength for the next level. They based that off of watching Burrow in person this year in games and practice. They thought that he is an efficient game manager with prototypical size, but his arm talent is not elite. Because of the skill-set limitations, they see him as a prospect similar to Andy Dalton or Derek Carr. "

I rather the team draft Herbert as he is a bit taller and has the arm strength. Burrow maybe a bit more accurate but if you cannot get the ball down the field you limit the team offensive schemes. 

"Herbert displays good size and a strong arm with the ability to loft in touch passes. He can drop in passes with nice ball placement that leads his receivers and beats quality coverage with the location of his passes. Given his height and size, Herbert can comfortably stand tall in the pocket and demonstrate the patience to let routes develop. Along with his arm talent, Herbert is a quality athlete who has the ability to pick up yards on the ground."

I think Burrow has the best completion % among college QBs for passes over 20 yards.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 12:47 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Anthony Munoz was on Golic and Wingo this morning and they asked him to weigh in on who the Bengals should take, he said without a doubt its Joe Burrow.

He cited a bit of concern over Young being shutdown in such a big game against Michigan. And that as much as he likes Andy Dalton the person, we need to go QB.

I’ll gladly side with the GOAT.

apprently he was seen with a bengals helmet at the heismen ceremony.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2019, 02:52 PM)Big Boss Wrote: I think Burrow has the best completion % among college QBs for passes over 20 yards.

But its only been this 1 year right?  how was his previous years starting?
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 01:04 PM)Wyche Wrote: Wink Poor Joe Burrow....lol.

Agreed, that's the pick they have to make. They need to get their thumbs out of their asses in FA.

:andy: :andy: :andy:

On both points.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2019, 02:47 PM)MEBengalsFan Wrote: Here is why I am against drafting Burrow.... his arm strength is limited. Many NFL directors see him as a Derek Carr/Dalton type of passer in the NFL. Do we need another Dalton to run the show? 

Arm strength is nice but it’s not the end all be all for QB. How did Jay Cutler’s career work out?

And Burrow’s arm is fine anyway. As long as it’s not a noodle like Finley that’s all that matters.

Reply/Quote

if we dont draft burrow #1 then its Chase young or trade back.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2019, 07:06 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: if we dont draft burrow #1 then its Chase young or trade back.

Agreed. If we are picking in top 2 and we come away with anyone other than Burrow or Young I’ll probably finally be moving on from this team. It will be the last straw.

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2019, 07:13 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Agreed. If we are picking in top 2 and we come away with anyone other than Burrow or Young I’ll probably finally be moving on from this team. It will be the last straw.

Don't forget that our so called leader who pushed for ZT hire went to see both Burrow and Herbert play this year; both will be on their radar for this draft. 
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2019, 07:25 PM)MEBengalsFan Wrote: Don't forget that our so called leader who pushed for ZT hire went to see both Burrow and Herbert play this year; both will be on their radar for this draft. 

Because we couldn’t have predicted we’d get the #1 at that time. Taking Herbert outside the top 2 is another matter.

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2019, 07:27 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Because we couldn’t have predicted we’d get the #1 at that time. Taking Herbert outside the top 2 is another matter.

I wonder if they will drop out of the top of the 1st round and go another route all together, such as OL. If the OL can't block it doesn't matter who is the QB. 
Reply/Quote