Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Franchise Milestone
http://cin.247sports.com/Bolt/Bengals-QB-Andy-Dalton-on-verge-of-franchise-history-50065520

He needs 20 yards Sunday, and has the chance to be the ONLY Bengals QB to have 3 or more, 4000 yard seasons.

Sidebar: Anderson has the most rushing yards for QB at 2,220.

Sure wish AJ had gotten 36 more yards before he got hurt, because after reading the details of what's going on with him, IMHO they are doing the 'right' thing.
Reply/Quote
Watch out, Peyton Manning, here comes Andy!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
AJ seems prett pissed off tho which is rare
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 05:27 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: http://cin.247sports.com/Bolt/Bengals-QB-Andy-Dalton-on-verge-of-franchise-history-50065520

He needs 20 yards Sunday, and has the chance to be the ONLY Bengals QB to have 3 or more, 4000 yard seasons.

Sidebar:  Anderson has the most rushing yards for QB at 2,220.

Sure wish AJ had gotten 36 more yards before he got hurt, because after reading the details of what's going on with him, IMHO they are doing the 'right' thing.

What a year by Dalton with this O-line. Dude should be praised around the league for his play this season more
than others including last year when the O-line was much better and his weapons were healthy for the most part.

I know it would never happen but Dalton is a very good QB in the NFL and seems to get no praise.

Need Anthony Munoz for O-line coach and this would help the guy out immensely, win a couple Playoff games
and the bitches would realize i am sure.

:andy:
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 05:27 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: http://cin.247sports.com/Bolt/Bengals-QB-Andy-Dalton-on-verge-of-franchise-history-50065520

Sidebar:  Anderson has the most rushing yards for QB at 2,220.

2nd quarterback to have two seasons with 4,000 passing yards.  And 3 of those 4 seasons did not get the Bengals to the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
Unfortunately, it has come to my attention over the years that a lot of Bengals fans do not realize the vital importance of "trench warfare".  They don't have an understanding of how badly it effects the skill players when things break down up front......on either side of the ball.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
It begins & ends in the trenches.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 10:34 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: It begins & ends in the trenches.

Absolutely......but some of the things I've heard in the stands over the years.....reminds me of attending UK "football" games.....about the same knowledge of the game.....but at least they're all basketball nuts there. LMAO

Reply/Quote
You are talking to one of those UK basketball nuts. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 10:51 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: You are talking to one of those UK basketball nuts. Rock On

Well, have you ever been to Commonwealth Stadium? Tongue  (I was giving them a pass, BTW, for being more interested in hoops and lacking in pigskin knowledge)

I remember the days when UK Football would not schedule EKU, despite numerous attempts from the Colonels to schedule one.  Then all of the schools in South Florida started playing FBS ball....and there went Kidd's recruiting base.

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 10:28 AM)Wyche Wrote: Unfortunately, it has come to my attention over the years that a lot of Bengals fans do not realize the vital importance of "trench warfare".  They don't have an understanding of how badly it effects the skill players when things break down up front......on either side of the ball.

oh we do... but nothing we can do to control it... OL has been trash this year...   DL had some moments but didn't live up to expectation either.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 06:24 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Watch out, Peyton Manning, here comes Andy!

This is just rough numbers, but through their first six seasons:

Comp %             Yards                  TD                 INT

Andy Dalton              63%               22,000                 141                 81

Peyton Manning         64%               24,800                 167                 100

I think Andy deserves just a little bit of credit doing this in the AFN North vs the pathetic AFC South (especially when Manning was there).  Andy also has one more game to play this season and missed four games last year.  Manning had not missed any games.  If Andy achieved just 250 yards passing in those five games, and 5 more TDs, the numbers get pretty interesting.
Reply/Quote
Andys numbers would likely be very different if we had a great running game, but the Oline is much better suited for pass protection than for the running game and this season it wasn't really suited for either..
Andy has proven more than capable. Imagine him with both a great running game and pass protection along with great recievers on both sides and running backs able to get 5.0 yards per..
However, we have the team we have, not the team we wish we had. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 12:46 AM)tlotharw Wrote: 2nd quarterback to have two seasons with 4,000 passing yards.  And 3 of those 4 seasons did not get the Bengals to the playoffs.

And he's gotten the Bengals to the playoffs as many times as Kenny Anderson and Boomer Esiason combined Ninja
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 10:28 AM)Wyche Wrote: Unfortunately, it has come to my attention over the years that a lot of Bengals fans do not realize the vital importance of "trench warfare".  They don't have an understanding of how badly it effects the skill players when things break down up front......on either side of the ball.

Well said Wyche.  Lap has said that numerous times.  It all begins and ends there.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 10:51 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: You are talking to one of those UK basketball nuts. Rock On

One sport wonders!!!  Wait  ....  my bad ... they also have several national cheerleading titles!!!

Even though my first college sports allegiance lies at Ohio State, my son is a Florida Gator alumni.

As far as a well rounded school, they score high academically and in the sports world.

National titles they have a total of 28. They have titles in football, basketball, softball, golf, swimming, gymnastics, track and field, soccer, and tennis.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 01:52 PM)grampahol Wrote: Andys numbers would likely be very different if we had a great running game, but the Oline is much better suited for pass protection than for the running game and this season it wasn't really suited for either..
Andy has proven more than capable. Imagine him with both a great running game and pass protection along with great recievers on both sides and running backs able to get 5.0 yards per..
However, we have the team we have, not the team we wish we had. 

To be fair just about everyone wishes they had that team...

And balance that with a great defense.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 10:28 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Unfortunately, it has come to my attention over the years that a lot of Bengals fans do not realize the vital importance of "trench warfare".  They don't have an understanding of how badly it effects the skill players when things break down up front......on either side of the ball.

Chapter and verse from the Paul Brown playbook.

No holes = no running lanes.

No blocking = no completed passes.

No pass rush = lots of completed passes.

No run defense = losing to the Steelers again.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 02:16 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: And he's gotten the Bengals to the playoffs as many times as Kenny Anderson and Boomer Esiason combined Ninja

And never won a playoff game much less lead them to the Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2016, 01:02 AM)tlotharw Wrote: And never won a playoff game much less lead them to the Super Bowl.

Neither has Mediocre Marv.

Reply/Quote