Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Question For Pro-Choice People
(05-17-2020, 10:02 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I made a terrific roast today with carrots and potatoes. I'm gonna enjoy that here in a few seconds. All my children have had their vaccines so doesn't apply. Oh, and yes, it's not a conspiracy theory. The numbers are inflated.

I'm glad your children are all vaccinated, but the logic and science behind vaccinations and wearing a mask during this pandemic is the same. If you choose to ignore that logic and science for the masks it is just as bad as the anti-vaxxer crowd.

And I'm not saying numbers aren't potentially inflated. Accurate data on this is a terribly tricky thing. I'm referring to the conspiracy theory you are employing that the numbers are purposely inflated for nefarious ends.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(05-18-2020, 08:02 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I'm glad your children are all vaccinated, but the logic and science behind vaccinations and wearing a mask during this pandemic is the same. If you choose to ignore that logic and science for the masks it is just as bad as the anti-vaxxer crowd.

And I'm not saying numbers aren't potentially inflated. Accurate data on this is a terribly tricky thing. I'm referring to the conspiracy theory you are employing that the numbers are purposely inflated for nefarious ends.

I posted on FB a week or so ago that I love a good conspiracy theory...but now what passes as that is just "libs vs cons".

Everything someone disagrees with is a "conspiracy theory" with no understanding of how one generally forms and the details and data used to "confirm" them.  The whole POINT of a conspiracy theory is that you can point to something tangible and "prove" how hit changes the narrative of the story/event...not just one guy on FOX news gave bad information.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
This is an example of why the CDC recommends the general public should wear a face covering or mask.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-05-17/butte-county-pastor-who-led-mothers-day-service-discloses-church-exposure-to-covid-19

Approximately 180 church goers have been asked to self isolate after potential exposure to Covid-19 at a church service.

Quote:In a Facebook post on Friday, pastor Mike Jacobsen of Palermo Bible Family Church said that an asymptomatic congregant who attended the May 11 service woke up the next morning “needing medical attention” and was tested for the coronavirus that day. The congregant received positive test results for COVID-19 two days later.

This person felt fine when they attended church, but were still in the incubation period.  Wearing a face covering or a procedure mask helps contain the respiratory droplets from the infected person so it doesn't spread as much to others who aren't infected.
(05-18-2020, 02:39 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: This is an example of why the CDC recommends the general public should wear a face covering or mask.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-05-17/butte-county-pastor-who-led-mothers-day-service-discloses-church-exposure-to-covid-19

Approximately 180 church goers have been asked to self isolate after potential exposure to Covid-19 at a church service.

This person felt fine when they attended church, but were still in the incubation period.  Wearing a face covering or a procedure mask helps contain the respiratory droplets from the infected person so it doesn't spread as much to others who aren't infected.

Probably best to not be in a room with 180 people at the moment.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(05-18-2020, 02:56 PM)jason Wrote: Probably best to not be in a room with 180 people at the moment.

The church service wasn't supposed to happen because the state still has a shelter in place order.  But, I don't want to open the can of worms about when to re-open.

Just wanted to focus on something simple that each one of us can do which is follow the CDC recommendation to cover our face when in public to decrease the asymptomatic spread to others who aren't infected.  If we do the little, simple stuff like this we can slow the spread and open up the economy which is something we all want.
(05-16-2020, 08:24 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: This has been bugging me the past few days, so maybe someone can provide an answer:

Say you think it's ok for a woman to get an abortion because it's her body, then you think it's ok if a woman cuts herself?  

It's her body, so her choice and it's ok to mutilate herself?  

A woman is destroying something in her body in abortion, so how's it different?

If she's not killing a baby, she's just causing bodily harm to herself.

Can anybody explain that?
The woman should be free to damage herself. I would hope she would seek treatment for it, but who am I to say it's wrong? 

Not even close to the intricacies associated with abortion. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-17-2020, 10:02 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I made a terrific roast today with carrots and potatoes. I'm gonna enjoy that here in a few seconds. All my children have had their vaccines so doesn't apply. Oh, and yes, it's not a conspiracy theory. The numbers are inflated.

We cannot even tell for sure how many people are infected now.

And many people in highly contagious settings like nursing homes have died of respiratory illness before they could be tested for COVID-19.

So how can you tell that that numbers are "inflated"? 

Do you have some information about how those numbers are gathered and crunched? A source?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]