Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Question For Pro-Choice People
(05-17-2020, 03:39 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm pro choice about everything.  Suck on that sweet sweet freedom, all you haters.

Including wearing face masks? Great, welcome to the dark side.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-17-2020, 03:44 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Including wearing face masks? Great, welcome to the dark side.

That would be more of a "gotcha" moment if the general anti-masker didn't oppose all sorts of freedom in the name of neo-conservative moralism.

I will say that one of the few things I expect a national government to do is defend people from others who would do them harm, so while I wouldn't call NOT wearing a mask in public to be an assault on the same level as shooting at someone I can wrap my head around the notion that having mask-related rules at this time could be spun more as a case of defending the populace rather than some sort of fascist control for the sake of control.

Call me a cynic, but if covid had been unleashed on the American populace by ISIS as a form of biological warfare I sincerely doubt Trump and his fanclub would be so eager to pass it off as something that is overblown and worthy of being ignored.
(05-17-2020, 02:56 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Some of you guys are missing the point of Brads question. But thats cool, lets just belittle him with dumb responses. And some of you are against bullying? Yeah right. I think the point he is trying to make is when a girl cuts herself, she is diagnosed with some mental issues, but it's ok and she's completely sane to destroy another human being in her body. I could be wrong, but pretty sure that was the direction of the post.

I'm not knocking it, but wasn't your first contribution to the discussion innuendo regarding jacking off?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(05-17-2020, 02:56 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Some of you guys are missing the point of Brads question. But thats cool, lets just belittle him with dumb responses. And some of you are against bullying? Yeah right. I think the point he is trying to make is when a girl cuts herself, she is diagnosed with some mental issues, but it's ok and she's completely sane to destroy another human being in her body. I could be wrong, but pretty sure that was the direction of the post.

Good point about bullying.

But, with his comparison a tonsillectomy causes bodily harm to oneself, also.  But, is anyone here comparing a tonsillectomy to self-mutilation?

I can't think of any surgery that doesn't cause some sort of injury or insult to the body.  But, I don't think a surgical incision is comparable to self-mutilation as the basis for an argument against abortion.
(05-17-2020, 03:44 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Including wearing face masks? Great, welcome to the dark side.

Just to reiterate; the current mask recommendations from President Trump's CDC are not to protect ourselves from getting sick, but to protect others from getting sick.

If you see someone not wearing a mask it isn't because they aren't afraid of getting sick.  It is because they don't care if you or any of your family members get sick.

I wear a mask because I don't want you or any of your family members to get sick and run the risk of potentially dying for Covid-19 in case I'm an asymptomatic carrier and don't realize I'm infected and spreading it to others.
(05-17-2020, 03:57 PM)jason Wrote: I'm not knocking it, but wasn't your first contribution to the discussion innuendo regarding jacking off?

5th.  Cool

(05-17-2020, 04:06 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: If you see someone not wearing a mask it isn't because they aren't afraid of getting sick.  It is because they don't care if you or any of your family members get sick.

Yup. Those not wearing masks are selfish toolbags. They may have the freedom to do it, but it's good to know where they stand when it comes to community.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(05-17-2020, 05:20 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yup. Those not wearing masks are selfish toolbags. They may have the freedom to do it, but it's good to know where they stand when it comes to community.

Agree.  I'm not sure of the effectiveness of the mask in protecting me, but if someone with a great deal more experience and knowledge than me thinks there's a chance it might help, then it's a minor inconvenience, if any at all.  I feel like it might set some people at ease in the case that I do interact with people in a store, public, etc.  

At work, I have zero choice.  I am required to wear a mask, glasses (not anything new), and now a full plastic face shield at all times, or I can go find another job.  People complaining about private shops and businesses asking people to wear them are the biggest joke of all.  Private entities an ask you to do whatever, as you aren't obligated to shop anywhere.  

Pretty hilarious that some of the people feel the need to open carry in case of the the astronomical chance that they run into an active shooter, yet they won't wear a simple mask to help protect vulnerable people from a potentially lethal virus.  I guess they only want to be "heroes" if they get to be on the news and play John Wayne after it's over.
(05-17-2020, 05:20 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yup. Those not wearing masks are selfish toolbags. They may have the freedom to do it, but it's good to know where they stand when it comes to community.

I wear my mask mostly to make others feel safe, regardless of whether I think they actually work or not.

I just went to the store the other day and majority of people weren’t wearing masks. It was a bit strange. I thought people would wear them just so they don’t get body slammed by the cops...

I sort of see people who refuse to wear masks along the same lines as people who litter, don't clean up after their dogs, or speed down residential streets.  It's just a case of choosing to not inconvenience yourself and letting someone else, someone who didn't make the choice, take the blowback.

Or as they put it in the military:  They get to f*** the monkey and someone else gets to hold the head.  
(05-17-2020, 05:34 PM)samhain Wrote: Agree.  I'm not sure of the effectiveness of the mask in protecting me, but if someone with a great deal more experience and knowledge than me thinks there's a chance it might help, then it's a minor inconvenience, if any at all.  I feel like it might set some people at ease in the case that I do interact with people in a store, public, etc.  

At work, I have zero choice.  I am required to wear a mask, glasses (not anything new), and now a full plastic face shield at all times, or I can go find another job.  People complaining about private shops and businesses asking people to wear them are the biggest joke of all.  Private entities an ask you to do whatever, as you aren't obligated to shop anywhere.  

Pretty hilarious that some of the people feel the need to open carry in case of the the astronomical chance that they run into an active shooter, yet they won't wear a simple mask to help protect vulnerable people from a potentially lethal virus.  I guess they only want to be "heroes" if they get to be on the news and play John Wayne after it's over.

From my understanding the effectiveness of the mask to protect YOU relies on widespread use of masks. It's the takes 2 to tango thing. Apparently that's too much to ask. In the thread from jungle noise that was merged here someone said shamed into wearing them. No one is shaming, but like Belsnickle said... I'm silently judging those don't though. I wear one indoors for them, and they don't return the courtesy. In that same thread I was also asked if I feared the flu. Literally nothing I posted prior indicated that I was afraid of anything. So I can only guess that there is a machismo element to this too.

Our country is in really bad shape if a public health crisis that effects every man woman and child who lives here can be politicized. I fear we are moving toward irreconcilable differences. The internet and social media seem to be too much for Americans to handle.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(05-17-2020, 04:06 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: If you see someone not wearing a mask it isn't because they aren't afraid of getting sick.  It is because they don't care if you or any of your family members get sick.

That is bull at the highest level and you know it. Maybe when the correct numbers are given instead of the fear inflated let’s call every death a corona death, you will see it. But that won’t ever happen because your industry Leaders get cash money calling everything Corona. This is not on you at all, but on the unethical practices and fear imposed for dollars by the leaders of the hospitals. How ethical is that? 1/2 of America is scared to death, but I guess eventually raises more revenue in the medical industry. Stress causes disease and many other issues to a person’s health.

But let’s talk about the mask a bit if you will entertain my heartless mind. If you have the rona and don’t know it, wearing a mask is really bad for you. I have read your oxygen levels in your body drop to a dangerous level. So let’s wear a mask, get less oxygen and poison yourself with co2 and make us go on a respirator. Damn, that’s like an extra 10k to the hospital right per person I think? Not sure on the number. Social distancing And common sense is the best approach.

Believe me Breech, this is not aimed at you. I just disagree. However I do find your statement about not caring for others a little sucker punching. Not the case at all. People are not running up to strangerS and coughing in their faces while screaming, “let’s see if I have the rona? The narrative by shit like that is ridiculous.

(05-16-2020, 08:24 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: This has been bugging me the past few days, so maybe someone can provide an answer:

Say you think it's ok for a woman to get an abortion because it's her body, then you think it's ok if a woman cuts herself?  

It's her body, so her choice and it's ok to mutilate herself?  

A woman is destroying something in her body in abortion, so how's it different?

If she's not killing a baby, she's just causing bodily harm to herself.

Can anybody explain that?

Wow. Compare one horrible thing to another. Congrats.
(05-17-2020, 06:32 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: That is bull at the highest level and you know it. Maybe when the correct numbers are given instead of the fear inflated let’s call every death a corona death, you will see it. But that won’t ever happen because your industry Leaders get cash money calling everything Corona. This is not on you at all, but on the unethical practices and fear imposed for dollars by the leaders of the hospitals. How ethical is that? 1/2 of America is scared to death, but I guess eventually raises more revenue in the medical industry. Stress causes disease and many other issues to a person’s health.

Interesting conspiracy theory; hadn't heard that one before.

(05-17-2020, 06:32 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: But let’s talk about the mask a bit if you will entertain my heartless mind. If you have the rona and don’t know it, wearing a mask is really bad for you. I have read your oxygen levels in your body drop to a dangerous level. So let’s wear a mask, get less oxygen and poison yourself with co2 and make us go on a respirator. Damn, that’s like an extra 10k to the hospital right per person I think? Not sure on the number. Social distancing And common sense is the best approach.

So, here is the flaw. If you're an asymptomatic carrier of the disease then you don't have the difficulty breathing. If you are having symptoms, then the recommendation (and often the order from the state health departments) is that you don't go out in public at all, mask or not. So there isn't a recommendation for those dealing with the difficulty breathing associated with COVID-19 to wear masks; the recommendation is that they don't go out at all. Wearing a mask is for those feeling healthy while they are out and about.

The common sense, here, is to wear a mask to prevent potential exposure to others in your community. Refusing to wear a mask is on the same level as being an anti-vaxxer.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(05-17-2020, 09:39 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Interesting conspiracy theory; hadn't heard that one before.

It goes back to Fox news, which had a senator who said hospitals got tens of thousands more for covid patients. Which isn't exactly accurate. Theres a percentage (2 percent I think) more they pay on Medicare patients, as covid related costs to treat are typically higher and Medicare doesn't pay the full amount..
(05-17-2020, 09:39 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Interesting conspiracy theory; hadn't heard that one before.

So, here is the flaw. If you're an asymptomatic carrier of the disease then you don't have the difficulty breathing. If you are having symptoms, then the recommendation (and often the order from the state health departments) is that you don't go out in public at all, mask or not. So there isn't a recommendation for those dealing with the difficulty breathing associated with COVID-19 to wear masks; the recommendation is that they don't go out at all. Wearing a mask is for those feeling healthy while they are out and about.

The common sense, here, is to wear a mask to prevent potential exposure to others in your community. Refusing to wear a mask is on the same level as being an anti-vaxxer.

I made a terrific roast today with carrots and potatoes. I'm gonna enjoy that here in a few seconds. All my children have had their vaccines so doesn't apply. Oh, and yes, it's not a conspiracy theory. The numbers are inflated.

(05-17-2020, 06:32 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: That is bull at the highest level and you know it. Maybe when the correct numbers are given instead of the fear inflated let’s call every death a corona death, you will see it. But that won’t ever happen because your industry Leaders get cash money calling everything Corona. This is not on you at all, but on the unethical practices and fear imposed for dollars by the leaders of the hospitals. How ethical is that? 1/2 of America is scared to death, but I guess eventually raises more revenue in the medical industry. Stress causes disease and many other issues to a person’s health.

But let’s talk about the mask a bit if you will entertain my heartless mind. If you have the rona and don’t know it, wearing a mask is really bad for you. I have read your oxygen levels in your body drop to a dangerous level. So let’s wear a mask, get less oxygen and poison yourself with co2 and make us go on a respirator. Damn, that’s like an extra 10k to the hospital right per person I think? Not sure on the number. Social distancing And common sense is the best approach.

Believe me Breech, this is not aimed at you. I just disagree. However I do find your statement about not caring for others a little sucker punching. Not the case at all. People are not running up to strangerS and coughing in their faces while screaming, “let’s see if I have the rona? The narrative by shit like that is ridiculous.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/diy-cloth-face-coverings.html

Quote: CDC also advises the use of simple cloth face coverings to slow the spread of the virus and help people who may have the virus and do not know it from transmitting it to others.

https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/npptl/pdfs/UnderstandDifferenceInfographic-508.pdf

Procedure or surgical masks:

Quote: Fluid resistant and provides the wearer protection against large droplets, splashes, or sprays of bodily or other hazardous fluids. Protects the patient from the wearer’s respiratory emissions.

Quote:Does NOT provide the wearer with a reliable level of protection from inhaling smaller airborne particles and is not considered respiratory protection

N95 masks:

Quote:Reduces wearer’s exposure to particles including small particle aerosols and large droplets (only non-oil aerosols).

Quote: Filters out at least 95% of airborne particles including large and small particles

It’s not BS. It’s exactly what I told you. The CDC’s recommendations for the general public is to prevent the wearer from getting you and your family from getting sick via asymptomatic spread. It is NOT for the wearer’s benefit.

So, yes, people who refuse to follow CDC recommendations do so because they don't care about others. And since many patients don’t believe what we tell them unless they see it in writing, I provided sources so you don’t have to take my word for it.

Correct.

I think part of the problem is a lack of communication and education for the reasons behind the recommendations. I give Trump credit for announcing the CDC’s recommendations, but in the next sentence he claims he won’t follow them. Pence doesn’t follow the recommendations, either, and he’s the leader of the coronavirus task force. Neither Trump or Pence explained why the recommendations are what they are. That’s just piss poor leadership which sets the stage for skepticism and disbelief all in an attempt to downplay the significance of what’s going on in order to win an election.
(05-17-2020, 10:02 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I made a terrific roast today with carrots and potatoes. I'm gonna enjoy that here in a few seconds. All my children have had their vaccines so doesn't apply. Oh, and yes, it's not a conspiracy theory. The numbers are inflated.

Medicare fraud whistle blower rewards can be worth millions. If you or anyone you know is aware of fraud turn them in for a huge financial windfall.

I know if I was aware of fraud I’d turn them in in a heartbeat.

This is the type of shit people think when their president is a reality tv show host serial sexual assaulter lying conman. 

My god man. 

Come back to reality.