Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Another Safety visiting us; Rapp

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 08:35 PM)casear2727 Wrote:

Hey, I like this. Nothing against Scott, Rapp's teammate, but never heard of him until today.

Rapp might be the guy that fits Lou's system, we will see.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 08:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hey, I like this. Nothing against Scott, Rapp's teammate, but never heard of him until today.

Rapp might be the guy that fits Lou's system, we will see.

His PFF was a solid 76 last year too.
Reply/Quote
Rapp or Love. Those are realistic players for Bengals, then someone in draft.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Rapp is a solid safety. Not a star, but solid.
Reply/Quote
Not a great athlete but was a productive college player. Former 2nd rounder. Was an academic all American. Lacks speed..ran a 4.78.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 08:55 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Not a great athlete but was a productive college player.  Former 2nd rounder.  Was an academic all American.  Lacks speed..ran a 4.78.

Wow, there are linemen that run faster than that.  That is sloooow
Reply/Quote
In a free-agency thread, Pulses noted that Rapp had an 82.3 run defense grade and 72.9 coverage grade at PFF last season.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 09:07 PM)Nepa Wrote: In a free-agency thread, Pulses noted that Rapp had an 82.3 run defense grade and 72.9 coverage grade at PFF last season.

Yep.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 09:04 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Wow, there are linemen that run faster than that.  That is sloooow

Yea that is slow... but by all metrics he was a solid safety so must have the smarts to be in the right place at the right time
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Be more than happy with this played well in the Super Bowl.

It’s a vet to bring Dax along has a ring can’t ask much more really can we?
Reply/Quote
Kinda Like love more but Rapp is a fine player too.
Reply/Quote
Rapp or Love,either one would be a good signing.I wouldn’t be disappointed with either one.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 08:55 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Not a great athlete but was a productive college player. Former 2nd rounder. Was an academic all American. Lacks speed..ran a 4.78.

Other than his 40 he actually tested really well, better than bates in the 20 yard shuttle. Rarely are you running 40 yards straight on a football field. Quickness, fluid hips, technique and instincts are better indicators of a good DB.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 09:10 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Yea that is slow... but by all metrics he was a solid safety so must have the smarts to be in the right place at the right time

The lack of speed is a little concerning for me but what do I know.  Lets just hope he doesnt have to chase down Terron Armstead for some reason because he wont have the speed to do it
Reply/Quote
Would prefer Love or Gardner-Johnson, but that might not be realistic.

Johnson or Rapp next.

Then Scott.

Rapp is probably the worst athlete of the group, but played pretty well on the field. Good enough for the Rams to win a SB with.

I'd note that although the 40 time blew, he rated in the 79th percentile in the 3 cone and 93rd percentile in the short shuttle. Very quick. Was rated the 13th best safery by PFF, 8th best run grade.

https://nesn.com/2023/03/patriots-reportedly-host-intriguing-safety-for-free-agent-visit/
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 09:24 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Would prefer Love or Gardner-Johnson, but that might not be realistic.

Johnson or Rapp next.

Then Scott.

Rapp is probably the worst athlete of the group, but played pretty well on the field. Good enough for the Rams to win a SB with.

I'd note that although the 40 time blew, he rated in the 79th percentile in the 3 cone and 93rd percentile in the short shuttle. Very quick. Was rated the 3th best safery by PFF, 8th best run grade.

https://nesn.com/2023/03/patriots-reportedly-host-intriguing-safety-for-free-agent-visit/

Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
FYI, defensive analyst for the chiefs I know said he’d take Scott over Thornhill any day. So take that from someone who was in the building with Thornhill. He said he thinks Scott is an ascending player with high ceiling and Thornhill is kind of who he is at this point.
Reply/Quote
Does he play more of a SS role? He looks thick like a LB per his combine footage but looks solid nonetheless.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 09:26 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote:

Scott is a quality individual and did start for a full year. If Lou sees potential, then let's lock him down. Never know where Rapp will end up, but getting Scott doesn't end negotiations for another safety, as he shouldn't cost the Bengals that much.
Reply/Quote