Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Taylor?
(01-29-2021, 01:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You have a short memory. There’s no need to put inability in quotes. It’s a fact. Lou was like his 4th or 5th choice.

I'm talking about present day, not the year he got here. I suspect if they offered Wade Phillips the job, he's be more than happy to take it.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2021, 01:48 PM)Sled21 Wrote: The same could be said for our DC and the injuries we had on defense. That said, I liked a lot of what I saw our defense doing, and if they get healthy and add some talent at a couple of positions we'd be good.

We gave up like 4000 yds rushing the last game of the season. You like what you saw that day?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2021, 01:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We gave up like 4000 yds rushing the last game of the season. You like what you saw that day?

Dude, do you have problems reading or what. I clearly said I like "a lot" of what I saw. I didn't say I liked everything. Take a Xanax already.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2021, 01:52 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm talking about present day, not the year he got here. I suspect if they offered Wade Phillips the job, he's be more than happy to take it.

Which is why I said Taylor being too loyal to Lou could cost him. If it was me, and my job was on the line, I’d want the much more proven guy in Philips here immediately.

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2021, 01:52 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm talking about present day, not the year he got here. I suspect if they offered Wade Phillips the job, he's be more than happy to take it.

Zach is happy with how defense is going so why replace the DC
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2021, 01:54 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Dude, do you have problems reading or what. I clearly said I like "a lot" of what I saw. I didn't say I liked everything. Take a Xanax already.

Ok Sled. Go have another glass of orange kool-aid.

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2021, 01:38 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: if multiple routes are breaking at the same time it limits progression... and takes options off the table.   execution will always look like an issue on a badly designed play.   

And if your designing plays your players cant execute thats bad coaching.

You will have to show me where this is an ongoing problem. The Bengals run a lot of quick, timing passes so the onus is on the QB to read the defense and know where he's most likely to go, presnap. That's the reason they all break at the same time. It's not a 'progression' route as much as it's a presnap decision route. 

On longer developing plays, they look no different than any other team. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2021, 03:36 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You will have to show me where this is an ongoing problem. The Bengals run a lot of quick, timing passes so the onus is on the QB to read the defense and know where he's most likely to go, presnap. That's the reason they all break at the same time. It's not a 'progression' route as much as it's a presnap decision route. 

On longer developing plays, they look no different than any other team. 

Record is a good indication... 
Reply/Quote
Albert Breer is reporting Press will be joining Frank Reich in Indianapolis

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2021, 06:14 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Record is a good indication... 

The Bengals were #11 in passing yards per game leading into the week before Burrows injury. We moved the ball fairly well. Where we NEED to improve is redzone... we ranked near the bottom in points. Also need to fix that rushing attack.

I think we saw potential last year, but still a lot of room for improvement.
Reply/Quote
No Worries.

[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2021, 06:36 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: The Bengals were #11 in passing yards per game leading into the week before Burrows injury. We moved the ball fairly well. Where we NEED to improve is redzone... we ranked near the bottom in points. Also need to fix that rushing attack.

I think we saw potential last year, but still a lot of room for improvement.

Keep in mind, we were 1st in pass attempts at this time.

So, while being 11th in passing yards is by no means terrible, it's put into much greater persperctive when you consider that we threw the ball more than any other team.

You'd be hard pressed to find any team ever that leads in the league in pass attempts, or rush attempts, and isn't in the top half of the league in yardage for their respective leading category.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2021, 06:14 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Record is a good indication... 

Not really. You're talking a failure in design. I'm not seeing a failure in design. 

Failure in blocking, tackling and execution, sure.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2021, 08:46 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Keep in mind, we were 1st in pass attempts at this time.

So, while being 11th in passing yards is by no means terrible, it's put into much greater persperctive when you consider that we threw the ball more than any other team.

You'd be hard pressed to find any team ever that leads in the league in pass attempts, or rush attempts, and isn't in the top half of the league in yardage for their respective leading category.

Ya that’s true, but I can’t blame them for throwing so much when our yards per rush attempt was rank 29 at that time, and that includes the JAX game.

It’s damned if you do damned if you don’t for Taylor at that time. He either:
A) ran the ball to try and save Burrow, but that meant for sure no wins
B) try to save his job by doing what worked, throw a lot. and put Burrow at risk

Add some balance to this offense and I’d assume the effectiveness of the passing goes up, so maybe we end up ranking higher in passing yards because of an efficiency factor.

At the end of the day, I was OK with how the passing game looked. It’s not KC or BUF, but it was good.
Reply/Quote
Press Maravich died in 1987. His son Pete died a year later.
Miss Otis regrets she's unable to lunch today.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2021, 06:24 PM)pally Wrote: Albert Breer is reporting Press will be joining Frank Reich in Indianapolis

I guess Reich is a moron hiring the brother of ZT.  Sarcasm
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
ZT discussing with Press his potential of joining Bengals.

“Dude, there is no way I’m gonna keep my job after next year, you don’t wanna be here, they are gonna clean house when I go!”
Reply/Quote