Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Taylor?
(01-27-2021, 10:09 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m talking about nationally. Unless you thought the SI article I linked was written by a Bengals fan...

Point was PDJ was hardly alone in falling for the Taylor hype.

the buzz was from mcvey association i believe   how a guy that was a QB coach with no play calling or coordinating experience created any buzz for HC is still a mystery to me.

But now that the honeymoon phase is over......  People still have any hype/hope?
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2021, 11:19 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: the buzz was from mcvey association i believe   how a guy that was a QB coach with no play calling or coordinating experience created any buzz for HC is still a mystery to me.

But now that the honeymoon phase is over......  People still have any hype/hope?

There’s 2-3 people here, but I can’t confirm or deny they’re related to Zac lol
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Eh is there really any rumor he's coming here?

The link in the op just said 'hey, his brother is out of a job, why not?' then it cited an interview from September where zac said his brother works hard.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2021, 11:17 PM)Benton Wrote: Eh is there really any rumor he's coming here?

The link in the op just said 'hey, his brother is out of a job, why not?' then it cited an interview from September where zac said his brother works hard.

I believe the idea is coming from a couple of areas.

1. The Bengals are about nepotism. The HCs brother is out of a job and doesn't seem to be garnering any steam so it would make sense in Bengals logic to hire him and help him out.

2. While many of us thought that Troy Walters was promoted to WR coach, he hasn't been officially announced. The Bengals technically need to fill the WR coach job so it's easy to see the team filling the spot with Press.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Is this the guy that invented Press Coverage? Ninja
Reply/Quote
Maybe this will be the move that gets Eric Bieniemy a HC job for 2022?
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2021, 11:49 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: There’s 2-3 people here, but I can’t confirm or deny they’re related to Zac lol

Don't know if you've read one of my replies in the draft forum...but sit down real quick for this next statement.

I'm about ready to put my chips on the table for this offense to start humming...with a couple caveats. The line has to be addressed and Burrow needs to be given time to do his thing and they have to get some luck in the health department. 

I was a bit surprised while watching some All 22 from a few games this past year. Don't get me wrong, it's not like i saw the Rams or Chiefs offense-in-the-making. There wasn't quite as much motion but i was surprised at the versatility that i saw in formations and route combinations. 

A couple pieces--one really big one in the Oline and one bonafide playmaker--and things could really start to look good. 

I know, that's a lot to expect from a Bengals team...but unless i was hallucinating, i saw some potential there. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2021, 01:02 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Don't know if you've read one of my replies in the draft forum...but sit down real quick for this next statement.

I'm about ready to put my chips on the table for this offense to start humming...with a couple caveats. The line has to be addressed and Burrow needs to be given time to do his thing and they have to get some luck in the health department. 

I was a bit surprised while watching some All 22 from a few games this past year. Don't get me wrong, it's not like i saw the Rams or Chiefs offense-in-the-making. There wasn't quite as much motion but i was surprised at the versatility that i saw in formations and route combinations. 

A couple pieces--one really big one in the Oline and one bonafide playmaker--and things could really start to look good. 

I know, that's a lot to expect from a Bengals team...but unless i was hallucinating, i saw some potential there. 

I have no doubt a Zac Taylor offense could be legit. It’s everything else that goes with being a HC that will hold him back. Especially his inability to bring in a better DC. His loyalty to Lou could very well cost him his job in the end.

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2021, 01:02 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Don't know if you've read one of my replies in the draft forum...but sit down real quick for this next statement.

It’s pretty crazy some of the performances the O put together with a ramshackle group of Olineman, a nonexistent running game at times and no deep passing attack to speak of.

Fix the line and that helps the running game. Add some speed to go along with Boyd/Higgins and this offense will be top 10 most weeks. IDK how I feel about us drafting that Florida TE, but that’s another option as well.

There were times Burrow couldn’t be stopped. If he can master the deep ball watch out.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2021, 02:56 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: It’s pretty crazy some of the performances the O put together with a ramshackle group of Olineman, a nonexistent running game at times and no deep passing attack to speak of.

Fix the line and that helps the running game. Add some speed to go along with Boyd/Higgins and this offense will be top 10 most weeks. IDK how I feel about us drafting that Florida TE, but that’s another option as well.

There were times Burrow couldn’t be stopped. If he can master the deep ball watch out.

He will. He literally mentions it every single interview lol. He’s his own harshest critic. Well, maybe 2nd harshest...

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2021, 02:59 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He will. He literally mentions it every single interview lol. He’s his own harshest critic. Well, maybe 2nd harshest...

Second to Essex lol
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2021, 01:26 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I have no doubt a Zac Taylor offense could be legit. It’s everything else that goes with being a HC that will hold him back. Especially his inability to bring in a better DC. His loyalty to Lou could very well cost him his job in the end.

a lot of good plays i saw came from burrow making something out of nothing. or scrambling...    but i hope year 3 shows massive improvement on playcalling and design.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2021, 08:24 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: The QB Coach who oversaw Wentz's decline and whose 1 year as passing game coordinator saw Carson Wentz fall off a cliff performance-wise and the Philly passing game plummet to 28th in the league after being 11th in 2019.

Sounds like a perfect add.

On the surface, it looks very bad. I am not advocating Bengals hire him. But, look at the facts, their 2 starting WR's Jackson and Jeffries were hurt almost the entire year and out when Wentz was starting QB, then Ertz got hurt. Then the OL was decimated with injury.

I don't think any QB coach would have helped the Eagles in 2020. They were destined to decline due to injury.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2021, 11:03 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: On the surface, it looks very bad. I am not advocating Bengals hire him. But, look at the facts, their 2 starting WR's Jackson and Jeffries were hurt almost the entire year and out when Wentz was starting QB, then Ertz got hurt. Then the OL was decimated with injury.

I don't think any QB coach would have helped the Eagles in 2020. They were destined to decline due to injury.

idk sounds like a lot of excuses.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2021, 11:21 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: idk sounds like a lot of excuses.

I stated facts, you think excuses.

Did I state anything untruthful?
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2021, 09:49 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: a lot of good plays i saw came from burrow making something out of nothing. or scrambling...    but i hope year 3 shows massive improvement on playcalling and design.

That's what i was alluding to earlier. Design, i don't think, is a problem. It's more execution and not having key parts. Play calling looked to be spotty at best--really good sometimes, really bad others. A better line and someone that's a threat to score from anywhere would be a huge help. And health. That always seems to be the #1 issue the last several years.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2021, 01:14 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That's what i was alluding to earlier. Design, i don't think, is a problem. It's more execution and not having key parts. Play calling looked to be spotty at best--really good sometimes, really bad others. A better line and someone that's a threat to score from anywhere would be a huge help. And health. That always seems to be the #1 issue the last several years.

if multiple routes are breaking at the same time it limits progression... and takes options off the table.   execution will always look like an issue on a badly designed play.   

And if your designing plays your players cant execute thats bad coaching.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2021, 01:26 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I have no doubt a Zac Taylor offense could be legit. It’s everything else that goes with being a HC that will hold him back. Especially his inability to bring in a better DC. His loyalty to Lou could very well cost him his job in the end.

I don't think it's "inability" tpo bring in better DC, I'm quite sure there are a lot of people who would take the position. I think it's more that he believes in Lou and thinks he is not the problem. Many analysts have agreed, stating not many Coordinators could have done much more with the players we had playing for us, which at DT and CB were often 4-6 on the depth chart.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2021, 11:03 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: On the surface, it looks very bad. I am not advocating Bengals hire him. But, look at the facts, their 2 starting WR's Jackson and Jeffries were hurt almost the entire year and out when Wentz was starting QB, then Ertz got hurt. Then the OL was decimated with injury.

The same could be said for our DC and the injuries we had on defense. That said, I liked a lot of what I saw our defense doing, and if they get healthy and add some talent at a couple of positions we'd be good.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2021, 01:47 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't think it's "inability" tpo bring in better DC, I'm quite sure there are a lot of people who would take the position. I think it's more that he believes in Lou and thinks he is not the problem. Many analysts have agreed, stating not many Coordinators could have done much more with the players we had playing for us, which at DT and CB were often 4-6 on the depth chart.

You have a short memory. There’s no need to put inability in quotes. It’s a fact. Lou was like his 4th or 5th choice.

Reply/Quote