Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another example of accountability
Story on ESPN about Bengal TE's fining each other, but they say that system was in place last year. Some position groups, like WRs, don't have any fines, but I found that last paragraphs of the story interesting

http://www.espn.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/31309/thats-a-fine-bengals-have-fun-holding-each-other-accountable

The linebackers have their own system that appears to be led less by the players and more by new linebackers coach Tem Lukabu. Even though things were explained at the beginning of the offseason, linebacker Preston Brown still found that out the hard way.

Brown went his entire career without a team fine, noting that he’s a bit of a rule follower. His only fine came from the NFL when the league fined him for hitting Indianapolis Colts quarterback Andrew Luck while he was sliding. But Brown returned to his locker one day this offseason to find a picture of himself circled in red with the word “fine” written over it. He had apparently messed up a drill, so now he had to put some money into the position group’s pot.

Last year a bad move during practice might have earned you a negative grade. Now it’s going to hurt a player’s wallet. “If you do something wrong, you have to put it in the pot,” Brown said. “It definitely makes sure you’re on your P's and Q's no matter what’s going on. I don’t want to get fined anymore.”

It’s a friendly incentive, Brown said, but the message is clear: Be accountable. That’s what new coach Zac Taylor has been trying to preach since Day 1. “It wasn’t as it is now, so now you really have to make sure you’re doing what you’re doing right, or you’ll get a fine in your locker,” Brown said.
Reply/Quote
I like it!
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2019, 01:33 PM)shanebo Wrote: I like it!

I love it. I want some more of it. Ninja

This is another example of where we are going. It’s awesome to be a Bengals fan right now.

[Image: 32cg12.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Liking Tem A WHOLE lot better than Haslett already.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
if you mess up to much we will use your fine money on your replacement lol
Reply/Quote
I am curious as to what the fine money goes to, since this isn't an official league fine.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
After further reading, a group trip it seems is what the money goes toward.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2019, 03:05 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: if you mess up to much we will use your fine money on your replacement lol

Exactly what Sigourney Weaver would do.

Reply/Quote
(05-31-2019, 01:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Story on ESPN about Bengal TE's fining each other, but they say that system was in place last year. Some position groups, like WRs, don't have any fines, but I found that last paragraphs of the story interesting

http://www.espn.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/31309/thats-a-fine-bengals-have-fun-holding-each-other-accountable

The linebackers have their own system that appears to be led less by the players and more by new linebackers coach Tem Lukabu. Even though things were explained at the beginning of the offseason, linebacker Preston Brown still found that out the hard way.

Brown went his entire career without a team fine, noting that he’s a bit of a rule follower. His only fine came from the NFL when the league fined him for hitting Indianapolis Colts quarterback Andrew Luck while he was sliding. But Brown returned to his locker one day this offseason to find a picture of himself circled in red with the word “fine” written over it. He had apparently messed up a drill, so now he had to put some money into the position group’s pot.

Last year a bad move during practice might have earned you a negative grade. Now it’s going to hurt a player’s wallet. “If you do something wrong, you have to put it in the pot,” Brown said. “It definitely makes sure you’re on your P's and Q's no matter what’s going on. I don’t want to get fined anymore.”

It’s a friendly incentive, Brown said, but the message is clear: Be accountable. That’s what new coach Zac Taylor has been trying to preach since Day 1. “It wasn’t as it is now, so now you really have to make sure you’re doing what you’re doing right, or you’ll get a fine in your locker,” Brown said.

Wow, didn't know this was going on. Love this, talk about changing culture. This is something i didn't really expect from Taylor him being so young. Tells me he is really in charge and creating a team from discipline and accountability all the while the team is uptempo and also having fun and becoming a family.

Have to say, the more i hear the more excited i get about this team under Taylor and company. Love that Lukabu is a disciplinarian, our LB's will be better this year under him better believe it. No one is exempted, awesome!
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2019, 03:30 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Exactly what Sigourney Weaver would do.

ZING!!! lol Harley, took a shot at Xeno's Aliens haha
Reply/Quote
This type of stuff is what we've needed for a loooong time! ThumbsUp
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2019, 03:39 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: This type of stuff is what we've needed for a loooong time!   ThumbsUp

Yawn 

Didn't you read the TE's did this last year? I think accountability is great, but seems many want to believe there was zero in 2018 and I find that very hard to believe.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I don't know about this I get fined for missing meetings and showing up late but messing up a play in practice? I am sure it's not a lot but still I want my players to be reacting not thinking about how to not mess up.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2019, 05:26 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Yawn 

Didn't you read the TE's did this last year? I think accountability is great, but seems many want to believe there was zero in 2018 and I find that very hard to believe.

From what i read it said the TE's were fining each other.

Nothing said about the coaches fining players last season...

Tem is fining the Linebackers if they do something wrong keeping them accountable.

Do it right or get a fine in your locker, i am luvnit myself.
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2019, 05:26 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Yawn 

Just an average guy looking for some more optimism.  Sorry I bored you.
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2019, 05:34 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I don't know about this I get fined for missing meetings and showing up late but messing up a play in practice? I am sure it's not a lot but still I want my players to be reacting not thinking about how to not mess up.

I understand this point but nothing wrong in striving for perfection. Sometimes you need to light a fire under a players ass. Also the money goes to a group trip so it is not like they are just taking the money and keeping it for themselves or anything.
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2019, 05:38 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Just an average guy looking for some more optimism.  Sorry I bored you.

Yeah, that optimism shit has to be shut down lol
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2019, 05:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, that optimism shit has to be shut down lol

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQnxJVjDQcoHe--xbVeYwp...NI3u9iaOEg]
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2019, 05:42 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQnxJVjDQcoHe--xbVeYwp...NI3u9iaOEg]

Thats right and he didn't even read it right when trying to silence you ha ha

Thats a fail on Luvnit.
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2019, 05:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thats right and he didn't even read it right when trying to silence you ha ha

Thats a fail on Luvnit.

It's okay, I think he meant well.   Confused
Reply/Quote