Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another indictment of Turner
This guy is apparently a well respected private OL coach (kind of like Willie or Jordan Palmer I’m gathering), and this is definitely a bit concerning...

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Well, I'd rather have penei if we're drafting at 3 regardless of what he says.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2020, 04:59 AM)Benton Wrote: Well, I'd rather have penei if we're drafting at 3 regardless of what he says.

I want him, too. It’s just pretty bad thatTurner’s peers have no respect for him. To the point that they don’t want a promising young prospect to come here because of him. We’ve certainly heard that before...

Reply/Quote
By these guys' logic, we shouldn't even have Burrow..
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2020, 05:06 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: By these guys' logic, we shouldn't even have Burrow..

And they look wrong how? Burrow didn’t even make it through his rookie season.

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2020, 05:10 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And they look wrong how? Burrow didn’t even make it through his rookie season.

LOL sure, and Cincinnati doesn't take care of it's QB's.

We are a team in rebuild mode. We can only replace so many pieces at a time, sorry we aren't moving fast enough for your fickle mind.

On a side note, I'm interested as why you keep posting here? 
Can we create a whiner's sub-section forum please? 
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2020, 05:27 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: LOL sure, and Cincinnati doesn't take care of it's QB's.

We are a team in rebuild mode. We can only replace so many pieces at a time, sorry we aren't moving fast enough for your fickle mind.

Uh oh.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2020, 05:27 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: LOL sure, and Cincinnati doesn't take care of it's QB's.

When the team gives us something other than shit maybe people will stop “whining.” Rebuilding? It’s been 5 years. Look around the NFL (Cardinals, Dolphins, etc) it doesn’t take nearly that long if you put the right people in place.

I mean, its 4 days after our promising young franchise QB gets his knee blown out party due to having an absolutely terrible starting OG and you’re on here giving people shit for being too negative? Please.

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2020, 06:12 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Uh oh.

That’s exactly what players think when we draft them...

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2020, 06:23 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: When the team gives us something other than shit maybe people will stop “whining.” Rebuilding? It’s been 5 years. Look around the NFL (Cardinals, Dolphins, etc) it doesn’t take nearly that long if you put the right people in place.

I mean, its 4 days after our promising young franchise QB gets his knee blown out party due to having an absolutely terrible starting OG and you’re on here giving people shit for being too negative? Please.

Are you calling Burrow, Tee, Boyd and all of those guys shit? 

ZT hasn't even been the coach here for 5 years yet? what exactly are you talking about "it's been 5 years already"?

Last year was the first real year of our rebuild, the 3 years prior to ZT's arrival were supposed to be re-tool years under Marvin, but they were crap drafts, it takes a few years to get back to a good place talent wise after busting on that many top drafted players, even with all of the FA acquisitions we made last year. Bengals are on the right track, you just need to have patience and show some self-discipline. 

Another big piece of the puzzle might be drafted next year in Sewell, and that's something to keep building and improving on. Blaming Jordan is silly, every OL out there has a weak link and you just have to deal with that link until you can replace it or it improves. 

4 days? I'm not crying about it, even on the day it happened. Injuries happen in the NFL! Does it suck? yes it does, but life goes on. Maybe you need to keep things in perspective and not take what happens on Sundays so seriously. Or maybe find a team where the FO doesn't get complaints from the fans about how poorly they do their jobs?  Good Luck on that one.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2020, 07:29 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Are you calling Burrow, Tee, Boyd and all of those guys shit? 

ZT hasn't even been the coach here for 5 years yet? what exactly are you talking about "it's been 5 years already"?

Last year was the first real year of our rebuild, the 3 years prior to ZT's arrival were supposed to be re-tool years under Marvin, but they were crap drafts, it takes a few years to get back to a good place talent wise after busting on that many top drafted players, even with all of the FA acquisitions we made last year. Bengals are on the right track, you just need to have patience and show some self-discipline. 

Another big piece of the puzzle might be drafted next year in Sewell, and that's something to keep building and improving on. Blaming Jordan is silly, every OL out there has a weak link and you just have to deal with that link until you can replace it or it improves. 

4 days? I'm not crying about it, even on the day it happened. Injuries happen in the NFL! Does it suck? yes it does, but life goes on. Maybe you need to keep things in perspective and not take what happens on Sundays so seriously. Or maybe find a team where the FO doesn't get complaints from the fans about how poorly they do their jobs?  Good Luck on that one.

Or maybe you could just admit this franchise is a mess, and has been for the better part of 30 years. And that people from the outside (like that OL guru) have a legitimate point when they criticize the Bengals, or worry about prospects coming here.

I don’t think it’s unreasonable to want Jim Turner replaced. That’s all the guy was saying.

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2020, 07:29 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Are you calling Burrow, Tee, Boyd and all of those guys shit? 

He has been trolling out of control since the injury just ignore it..
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2020, 08:13 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: He has been trolling out of control since the injury just ignore it..

Says the guy who called Deshaun Watson a jerk for sending Burrow well wishes...

Anyway, how in the world is my sharing a tweet from a reputable OL coach trolling?

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2020, 07:51 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Or maybe you could just admit this franchise is a mess, and has been for the better part of 30 years. And that people from the outside (like that OL guru) have a legitimate point when they criticize the Bengals, or worry about prospects coming here.

I don’t think it’s unreasonable to want Jim Turner replaced. That’s all the guy was saying.

I can understand that, wanting the guy replaced, but it's not up to him and i value his opinion about as much as Mel Kiper's on Draft day. Everyone has their favorites and ones in the dog house. I can see from Taylor's past how many would keep him in the dog house and possibly not rate him for the job he does. Very hard as hell to make something better than shit soup when that's all you have to start with.

Personally, I don't think it's the coaches job to teach technique and footwork during the season, that's all off season stuff players should do on their own to get better and get a better paycheck. 

Anyways, if we get rid of ZT, might as well go after Joe Brady for HC. 
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2020, 08:25 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I can understand that, wanting the guy replaced, but it's not up to him and i value his opinion about as much as Mel Kiper's on Draft day. Everyone has their favorites and ones in the dog house. I can see from Taylor's past how many would keep him in the dog house and possibly not rate him for the job he does. Very hard as hell to make something better than shit soup when that's all you have to start with.

Personally, I don't think it's the coaches job to teach technique and footwork during the season, that's all off season stuff players should do on their own to get better and get a better paycheck. 

Anyways, if we get rid of ZT, might as well go after Joe Brady for HC. 

I don’t think Taylor is going anywhere. I would settle for Anarumo and Turner being replaced at this point. I’m still sick over missing out on Bill Callahan. Complete opposite of Turner (well respected, proven track record etc). He has helped the Browns to probably their first playoff appearance in almost 20 years. And our guy is amidst his what, 3rd or 4th accusation of locker room/character issues? Ugh

Reply/Quote
All I know is; I feel sick to my stomach when I think about The Bengals right now- and I’m just a fan who really only invests passion in this team. Anyone associated with ownership (hell- the whole team really) should feel infinitely worse than I do.

Somebody has to pay the price for allowing our worst nightmare to happen- even if it was a ‘freak accident’. The organization must show it values accountability. Firing Turner should only be the beginning.

Zac Taylor’s job should be on the line (he should be fired, IMO). We have one more window of opportunity under JB’s rookie contract and that comes this offseason. Hoping Joe recovers and is available at some point early next season (we don’t really need him to be mobile- we need his brains and accuracy) any competent HC should see (and I’m pleading with anyone who can make any real decisions who may happen to read this) that we don’t need stars players at any other skill position on offense as long as JB is the QB. He makes those players stars (yes- he’s that good, even as a rookie), so Invest every single dime you can spare into protecting that guy. Hell, he makes our Michael Thomas look like the other Michael Thomas at times (exaggerated, but you get the point). We don’t need Joe Mixon or AJ Green. Sorry but that’s a fact and in my opinion an indictment against at least the coaches for underestimating Joe’s ‘it’ factor when spending time with the kid. He doesn’t need insurance at the other positions- he is the insurance. Put all the money on OLine and defense. When an offense player produces good seasons- remember it’s all because of joe- when that player wants a big contract- let him walk!!! The guy behind him will be just as good!!!

So the second window of opportunity is now because there good players on defense and we have Joe. This is easily rectifiable but time can’t be wasted.

Sorry for ranting/going off topic.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2020, 07:29 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Are you calling Burrow, Tee, Boyd and all of those guys shit? 

Ya but

This team hasn't been anything even approaching good since mid 2015. Mike Brown should have been rebuilding after that debacle of a season but he's Mike Brown so we had to suffer through 3 more years of mediocre Marv, the elephant still charging with a bullet in it's brain.

Now we're (seemingly) going to have to suffer through another who knows how many years of a HC that just doesn't have what it takes and a coaching staff that probably even worse than the HC. 

I don't think many thought we were going to tear up the NFL this season and win the Super Bowl. We knew it would take time. But we're not seeing anything moving forward, in fact it's getting worse.

ZT is very likely to end this season as the worst 2 seasons by a starting HC in NFL history. 4 maybe by some freak 5 wins. Another 2 seasons lost.
Reply/Quote
Duke indeed is a good private OL guy; he was Adeniji's biggest supporter in the draft process and gave big props to the team for drafting him.

I don't think Turner will be around next year; there has been too much negative press/voices/emotions over the oline in the past 4 days, I see him being forced out at minimum (as I said in a previous thread).
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2020, 03:44 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This guy is apparently a well respected private OL coach (kind of like Willie or Jordan Palmer I’m gathering), and this is definitely a bit concerning...

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Still don't know why Willie Anderson isn't our offensive line coach for life. He loves it here, heck a lot of our players go to Willie anyway like Lawson to practice.

It gives the locker room someone that they can communicate too and someone they respect.

Communication is one thing players haven't liked under Zac Taylor. Well, that puts you in a position to change that.

Willie is a HOF. He should and is a Bengal for life.
[Image: i-8rLM4gw-M.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2020, 10:36 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Duke indeed is a good private OL guy; he was Adeniji's biggest supporter in the draft process and gave big props to the team for drafting him.

I don't think Turner will be around next year; there has been too much negative press/voices/emotions over the oline in the past 4 days, I see him being forced out at minimum (as I said in a previous thread).

Full disclosure: I never liked Turner as a person or a coach and hated the hire from day 1.  That said, didn't one of the players in the article allude to him not really teaching technique and pretty much having "his guys"?  If that's true, then the family should not only fire him, but ask for their damn money back.  You can't a have a line full of guys like the ones we have and not be interested in coaching technique.  

This staff, and Turner/Lou in particular were hired out of a combination of desperation and good-old-boy connections as opposed to any ability to improve the team/even do the job competently.  It seems to be trickling down to players now.  

The Burrow injury is catastrophic to the morale of the fanbase, and judging by the looks of things the locker room as well.  There's not much obvious good to be gleaned from it.  On the other hand, it could very well be the forest fire that finally burns down all of the useless malignant culture that this staff has allegedly brought.  

If we get to mid season next year and have Burrow ready to play and a real coaching staff intact, then that might just be a win.
Reply/Quote