Poll: Laurel or Yanny
Laurel
Yanny
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another issue to divide the forum
https://www.today.com/popculture/it-laurel-or-yanny-audio-clip-has-divided-internet-t129137?icid=mostpop_parents2

Is it Laurel or Yanny?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-17-2018, 10:55 AM)bfine32 Wrote: https://www.today.com/popculture/it-laurel-or-yanny-audio-clip-has-divided-internet-t129137?icid=mostpop_parents2

Is it Laurel or Yanny?

My son was doing that, and I heard Gary.

Listening to it now I hear "Yanny'
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

I hear Laurel.
I have yet to listen to this thing, and probably never will. I don't understand why these sorts of things become so popular.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(05-17-2018, 11:19 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I have yet to listen to this thing, and probably never will. I don't understand why these sorts of things become so popular.

Why don't you just switch bodies with a 70 yr old and be done with it? you can wear an ascot, sip sherry and attend salons. Tongue
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(05-17-2018, 11:30 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Why don't you just switch bodies with a 70 yr old and be done with it? you can wear an ascot, sip sherry and attend salons. Tongue

As long as it comes with the financial security of the Boomer generation, I'm all for it. Ninja
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
I honestly have no clue how anyone gets Yanny out of that clip.
(05-17-2018, 11:19 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I have yet to listen to this thing, and probably never will. I don't understand why these sorts of things become so popular.

Me either...until last night when my wife played it on her phone.

I heard Yanni (actually more like "yammy") from across the room.  My daughter heard the same from the next room.  My wife and our daughter's fiance hear "Laurel" from right where the phone was.

I didn't even hear an "L" sound at all.

When I got closer I heard Laurel and so did my daughter.

Easy explanation for it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/15/science/yanny-laurel.html
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Sob, I just a made a thread on this in Klotsch
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

I'm from the city of Laurel, so it's Laurel.

In reality, it was a recording of the word "Laurel", but transmitted through bad speakers, so both sounds are present, it's just a matter of which pitch your ears pick up on.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(05-17-2018, 11:39 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I honestly have no clue how anyone gets Yanny out of that clip.

I feel the same way about anyone hearing "Laurel".

That's a strange effect.
(05-17-2018, 11:39 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I honestly have no clue how anyone gets Yanny out of that clip.

(05-17-2018, 11:57 AM)hollodero Wrote: I feel the same way about anyone hearing "Laurel".

That's a strange effect.

It's a frequency thing.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-17-2018, 12:09 PM)GMDino Wrote: It's a frequency thing.

Yeah. Still strange.
Yanny.

After being married for quite awhile, I tend to tune out high-pitched noises. Ninja
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
I going to make a video where I say "laurel" and another where I say "yanni" and start disseminating them across the internet just to see what people say. Ninja
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(05-17-2018, 11:57 AM)hollodero Wrote: I feel the same way about anyone hearing "Laurel".

That's a strange effect.

Now i know why I like you.  

I hear laurel but I have hearing damage and can't pick up on high frequency sounds.

I have the constant sound of cicadas in my ears, a constant buzzing that never goes away. Not from loud music or machinery but from an auto accident and it sucks!
The kids and I heard "yimmy" (yeah, not an option); the wife heard "laurel."

Soooo... we all made fun of her
I hear Yanny. I really try to make myself hear Laurel but cant.
Yanny ??

Laurel all the way !

This is definitely strange.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.