Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another "peaceful protest" planned
by the Unite the right people

can't wait for the "jews will not replace us" and "blood and soil" chanting in DC, only for trump to blame democrats again

http://ktvo.com/news/nation-world/nps-approves-permit-for-jason-kesslers-white-civil-rights-rally-in-dc

but, fine people those nationalists, the best
People suck
Jason Kessler taking his tour of hate on the road. I wonder if Santa Monica Fascist Stephen Miller will attend.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(06-21-2018, 10:23 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Jason Kessler taking his tour of hate on the road. I wonder if Santa Monica Fascist Stephen Miller will attend.

I wonder if Richard Spencer will show up
People suck
No matter how much we disagree with the message these citizens should be afforded the right to peaceful assembly. My hope is there is no confrontation to spark violence and this assembly goes largely unnoticed. Hell, I probably would have never known anything about it; if not for the message board.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-21-2018, 10:52 AM)bfine32 Wrote: No matter how much we disagree with the message these citizens should be afforded the right to peaceful assembly. My hope is there is no confrontation to spark violence and this assembly goes largely unnoticed. Hell, I probably would have never known anything about it; if not for the message board.

lets just hope the Reich Wingers dont kill anyone this time around
People suck
(06-21-2018, 10:52 AM)bfine32 Wrote: No matter how much we disagree with the message these citizens should be afforded the right to peaceful assembly. My hope is there is no confrontation to spark violence and this assembly goes largely unnoticed. Hell, I probably would have never known anything about it; if not for the message board.

This is true. The worst thing that someone who opposes these views can do in this situation is confrontation. That is what they want. Then they can point the finger. In fact, I don't believe that these types of groups are above hiring people to create a violent counter-protest for publicity purposes.

Better to ignore or have a peaceful counter assembly on the other side of town (hopefully even larger).
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(06-21-2018, 12:07 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: This is true. The worst thing that someone who opposes these views can do in this situation is confrontation. That is what they want. Then they can point the finger. In fact, I don't believe that these types of groups are above hiring people to create a violent counter-protest for publicity purposes.

Better to ignore or have a peaceful counter assembly on the other side of town (hopefully even larger).

Well, what better way to shut down a protest?

There is a conspiracy theory that has suggested that peaceful protests or marches get shut down because of 'hired' people making it violent, knowing the police will come in and shut it down. And if true, this tactic would be used by a wide variety from government to organizations to whatever that the protest was against.

Again just a theory, but a darn good one that makes a lot of logical sense.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(06-21-2018, 11:41 AM)Griever Wrote: lets just hope the Reich Wingers dont kill anyone this time around

This goes without saying and a large step in that direction would be to eliminate and direct confrontation.

As a straight able bodied white man born in the USA I'm really pumped to start getting some rights. Bless these folks!
(06-21-2018, 12:53 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Well, what better way to shut down a protest?

There is a conspiracy theory that has suggested that peaceful protests or marches get shut down because of 'hired' people making it violent, knowing the police will come in and shut it down. And if true, this tactic would be used by a wide variety from government to organizations to whatever that the protest was against.

Again just a theory, but a darn good one that makes a lot of logical sense.

There are just rumors here in America. But it is an actual tactic that has been used in other places in the past. Putin is known for being very proactive in this type of thing, particularly in Ukraine. Within Russia, he has created his own opposition groups to oppose his regime in order to influence, confuse and defuse the actual opposition groups. He is a master at doing this. That said, if you cause doesn't stand on its own without such efforts, you really have no cause. This is why I can see White Power groups trying this tactic.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
People have the right to peacefully protest. I stand by that right for everyone (including kneeling athletes).

The only hope I have is that the POTUS doesn't elevate these people and deem them as "very fine people".

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(06-21-2018, 01:21 PM)jj22 Wrote: People have the right to peacefully protest. I stand by that right for everyone (including kneeling athletes).

The only hope I have is that the POTUS doesn't elevate these people and deem them as "very fine people".

And I have no problem with any private business owner telling any of there employees that if they participate in this rally and hurt the image of their business that they will be fined of even released. I'm sure you fell the same.

I can't click the link. What are these "people" protesting?

I mean, I CAN click the link, but I can't actually get the web page to pop up because of work firewalls and all that jazz.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(06-21-2018, 01:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: And I have no problem with any private business owner telling any of there employees that if they participate in this rally and hurt the image of their business that they will be fined of even released. I'm sure you fell the same.

Yes, if the private business owner did. Now if they don't, I wouldn't support a Democratic President attacking them for it and trying to force them to either. You?

(06-21-2018, 01:56 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I can't click the link. What are these "people" protesting?

I mean, I CAN click the link, but I can't actually get the web page to pop up because of work firewalls and all that jazz.

Charlottesville denying their 1st Amendment Right of peaceful public assembly.

(06-21-2018, 02:00 PM)jj22 Wrote: Yes, if the private business owner did. Now if they don't, I wouldn't support a Democratic President attacking them for it and trying to force them to either. You?

...and with that we have another thread about POTUS,

Nope, we differ there. I would have no problem with a Democratic President speaking out against their actions.

(06-21-2018, 02:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: ...and with that we have another thread about POTUS,

Nope, we differ there. I would have no problem with a Democratic President speaking out against their actions.

Unless the POTUS is a Dem not sure why you’d say that after this post and not the first.

Actually I am. After the first post you were too flustered by my audacity to be for peaceful protests for all not just Nazi’s and Klansman that you had to bring up Private business’s which had nothing to do with anything especially given the NFL was allowing it.

Save it for Trymp supporters. As an independent I can be for peaceful protests for all and not just the groups I support. It’s a great feeling.

(06-21-2018, 04:00 PM)jj22 Wrote: Unless the POTUS is a Dem not sure why you’d say that after this post and not the first.

Actually I am. After the first post you were too flustered by my audacity to be for peaceful protests for all not just Nazi’s and Klansman that you had to bring up Private business’s which had nothing to do with anything especially given the NFL was allowing it.

Save it for Trymp supporters. As an independent I can be for peaceful protests for all and not just the groups I support. It’s a great feeling.

You do realize the NFL is a private business don't you?

I brought up Dem after the second because it was in response to you making the POTUS a Dem

And as a capitalist I can be for employer's right to instill a code of conduct on its employees; as long as they do not discriminate against their Civil Rights. Unfortunately, for many Political stance is not a protected class.

I am missing your point because the NFL as a private business was allowing it. So if you’re so pro business rights why do you support a POTUS from any party attacking them for it? Seems contradictory.

(06-21-2018, 02:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Charlottesville denying their 1st Amendment Right of peaceful public assembly.

they denied it because they felt there was a threat to public safety, which is a well founded thought considering there one of the Reich Wingers murdered someone last year during it
People suck