Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Another reason for me to like Burrow - His advice to young athletes
I've never been a fan of social media.  I do not care for Facebook, Twitter, etc.  Yes I know this forum is a form of social media.  Anyway here is his advice to young athletes.  In summary work in silence and don't worry about social media.  

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/02/07/joe-burrow-tells-young-athletes-work-hard-in-silence-dont-put-it-all-on-social-media/

Quote:"Focus on getting better,” Burrow said. “Don’t have a workout and post it on Instagram the next day and then go sit on your butt the next day and everyone thinks you’re working hard but you’re not. Work in silence. Don’t show anyone what you’re doing. Let your performance on Friday nights and Saturday nights and Sunday nights show all the hard work you put in. Don’t worry about all that social media stuff."

Burrow isn’t opposed to social media altogether — he’ll post maybe once a week to his 2.4 million Instagram followers, but Burrow knows that what really counts is what he’s doing at all the times the fans don’t see.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Kyle Murray Unfollowed the Cardinals not long after!! so sounds like they are listening lol
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 06:11 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Kyle Murray Unfollowed the Cardinals not long after!!  so sounds like they are listening lol

Well that's going to be a big story
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Really good advice from Joey B. Too many people consumed with social media and trying to lazily make value in the eyes of others without putting in the real work. Just saw a good piece on JB on NFLC. Damn, what a good kid. I can't remember what grade he was in when his youth coach said he changed a play in the huddle and scored, but it was a young age. JB's been putting in the work since he started. That's admirable and a huge reason why we are here and will be for many years to come.

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 06:10 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I've never been a fan of social media.  I do not care for Facebook, Twitter, etc.  Yes I know this forum is a form of social media.  Anyway here is his advice to young athletes.  In summary work in silence and don't worry about social media.  

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/02/07/joe-burrow-tells-young-athletes-work-hard-in-silence-dont-put-it-all-on-social-media/

Truth, Joe Burrow is just the epitome of what you want in athletes now a days. He is a great guy for the kids to look up to and 
strive to be like. Great to have this guy on the Bengals, great person to go along with his elite skills on the football field. Extremely
smart dude Joe Burrow is which really puts him over the top as far as a being a pro goes.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 06:15 PM)J24 Wrote: Well that's going to be a big story

I've already seen a few articles about it and another reason why social media is dumb.  I'm not sure if Murray was trying to send some kind of message by doing so or what.  But now there is all this speculation, "What does it mean?  What message is he trying to send to the Cardinals?"  blah blah all over an unfollow.  

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
I liked the schools he used for examples when talking about going to individual team camps. He ain’t stupid…

"Focus less on the media camps that don't mean anything to college coaches," Burrow said. "Go to the individual school's camp. Go to Ohio State's camp. Go to LSU's camp. Go to Cincinnati's camp.
Reply/Quote
I'm glad there was no social media in my day.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 07:46 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I've already seen a few articles about it and another reason why social media is dumb.  I'm not sure if Murray was trying to send some kind of message by doing so or what.  But now there is all this speculation, "What does it mean?  What message is he trying to send to the Cardinals?"  blah blah all over an unfollow.  

people look too deep into everything these days.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 08:03 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm glad there was no social media in my day.

There will be a study done some day in the future about the costs to society driven by social media. I know they have already proven it increases depression among many, who see everyone else on social media living perfect lives and having perfect vacations, and believe that's real life.
Reply/Quote
Every moment of pleasure in life is purchased by an equal moment of pain.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 08:03 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm glad there was no social media in my day.

Television was also going to destroy America's youth/society.

I think we will survive.
Reply/Quote