Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Antonio Brown might be out Monday
Might be some good news

http://www.playerline.com/r/0s4dQ1I
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
We actually do pretty good job holding him in check. Our problems tend more to be giving up explosive plays to relatively unknown players.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2017, 06:07 PM)Joelist Wrote: We actually do pretty good job holding him in check. Our problems tend more to be giving up explosive plays to relatively unknown players.

Well, they do have a QB that is pretty good at extending plays, and finding 2nd, 3rd, and even 4th target options.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
At least we wouldn’t have to watch his cringeworthy celebrations.

Doubt it’d be enough to help us win though.

Reply/Quote
Just means more touches for Bell which will probably end up with another stiff-arm of Dre Kirkpatrick.
Reply/Quote
I'm more worried about their run game and how they constantly seem to rush 30+ times for well over 100 yards. Ben has a career 86.4 rating against us, with 27 INTs. He rarely kills us. It's the run game that wears our defense down, THEN you see Ben take some shots.

If we can run successfully, and hold them under 100 yards rushing, we can win. We rarely do that though.

As for Brown, keep in mind they have Bryant back, so having him and Juju will help ease that blow.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2017, 06:18 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm more worried about their run game and how they constantly seem to rush 30+ times for well over 100 yards. Ben has a career 86.4 rating against us, with 27 INTs. He rarely kills us. It's the run game that wears our defense down, THEN you see Ben take some shots.

If we can run successfully, and hold them under 100 yards rushing, we can win. We rarely do that though.
Yeah but we surely do miss ol Reggie Nelson in the matchup though...   Cry
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2017, 06:21 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Yeah but we surely do miss ol Reggie Nelson in the matchup though...   Cry

Fair enough on Nelson, but the Steelers are still using their old methods to beat us, even with Nelson gone. They ran for 152 yards in our last match, with Ben only attempting 24 passes.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2017, 06:21 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Yeah but we surely do miss ol Reggie Nelson in the matchup though...   Cry

Calvin Pryor just got waived by Jax. He fits the Bengal mode perfectly. Let's just IR Williams and bring in this kid. He even comes complete with dreads. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I think this is all tactics. I fully expect Brown, Mitchell and all those to play.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
Don't count on it.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2017, 06:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Calvin Pryor just got waived by Jax. He fits the Bengal mode perfectly. Let's just IR Williams and bring in this kid. He even comes complete with dreads. 

I LOVED Calvin Pryor coming out of Louisville. I wanted him to be a Bengal so badly. I’d definitely celebrate if we signed him, but the past year of his pro career certainly makes you wonder if he’s NFL material.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2017, 07:18 PM)wcu Wrote: I LOVED Calvin Pryor coming out of Louisville. I wanted him to be a Bengal so badly. I’d definitely celebrate if we signed him, but the past year of his pro career certainly makes you wonder if he’s NFL material.

Could just be a guy who's been miscast in his role, with the Jaguars.  Wouldn't be the first time.  Zimmer snatched Reggie Nelson up from the Jags, as he looked like a bust, and then turned him into an All-Pro level player.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2017, 07:26 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Could just be a guy who's been miscast in his role, with the Jaguars.  Wouldn't be the first time.  Zimmer snatched Reggie Nelson up from the Jags, as he looked like a bust, and then turned him into an All-Pro level player.

Pryor wasn't any good with the Jets either, and the Jags are a much better run organization now compared to when we traded for Reggie...
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2017, 08:38 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Pryor wasn't any good with the Jets either, and the Jags are a much better run organization now compared to when we traded for Reggie...

Thanks for the heads up.  I'm not familiar with him enough to even know that the Jags were the second team that he's been with.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2017, 06:16 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Just means more touches for Bell which will probably end up with another stiff-arm of Dre Kirkpatrick.

Dre K has only had one good play since becoming a Bengal. 

[Image: ackmarv.0.gif]

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2017, 08:38 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Pryor wasn't any good with the Jets either, and the Jags are a much better run organization now compared to when we traded for Reggie...

Pryor's first 3 years at NYJ were every bit as good as Nelson's first 3 years at Jax. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Wait, has the league already suspended Burfict for this mystery AB episode?  If not someone at NFLHQ will be unemployed by Tuesday.. 

I suspect it's just some nonsense put out so the announcers can slobber all over the phrase, WHAT AN AMAZING CATCH with a TOE INJURY!  Which will seque into Rottenbooger's AMAZING comeback with 3 broken legs to throw the 110 yard winning hail Mary TD pass with 1 second left on the clock...not that I might think anything shady would be going on.. Why, why THAT might seem unethicalish..n stuff..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2017, 08:56 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Dre K has only had one good play since becoming a Bengal. 

[Image: ackmarv.0.gif]

[Image: fac.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Well Brown might not be able to go, but AJ might not be full strength either due to illness. Figures...
Reply/Quote