Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Antonio Brown sued
(10-09-2018, 07:54 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Yep, GREAT comparison because trying to stop your children's mother from leaving is EXACTLY the same as almost killing a toddler just because you're angry.

Rolleyes

Just when I think Steelers fans can't be any more disgraceful...........

I'm not going to debate you over which situation was worse, because that was never my intention. My only point is that neither of us has the high ground when it comes to player conduct.

If Henry were a Steeler, you'd likely have a very different view of what went down there. But because he was a Bengal, you see nothing wrong with him attempting to restrict the movements of another human being.

Kind of makes me wonder what type of rationalization you'd attempt if Brown were a Bengal ...
Reply/Quote
MF dropping bombs off the 14th floor because his dumb @ss left 80K cash in his house while he was gone?? You can't fix stupid!
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 04:44 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: I'm not going to debate you over which situation was worse, because that was never my intention.  My only point is that neither of us has the high ground when it comes to player conduct.  

If Henry were a Steeler, you'd likely have a very different view of what went down there.  But because he was a Bengal, you see nothing wrong with him attempting to restrict the movements of another human being.

Kind of makes me wonder what type of rationalization you'd attempt if Brown were a Bengal ...

Sure.  We can ignore the fact that one guy's actions endangered only himself but the other guy endangered others and say it's exactly the same.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 01:23 AM)Whatever Wrote: I don't see anger management helping him.  The problem with Brown is that he keeps having incidents and nobody does anything to check his behavior, so he just does something worse the next time.  The NFL does nothing.  In this case, the authorities did nothing.  The Steelers made him the highest paid WR in the game.  

They're not going to either......remember the time that idiot got suspended for tweeting death threats?  Yeah, me either. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 04:44 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: I'm not going to debate you over which situation was worse, because that was never my intention. My only point is that neither of us has the high ground when it comes to player conduct.

If Henry were a Steeler, you'd likely have a very different view of what went down there. But because he was a Bengal, you see nothing wrong with him attempting to restrict the movements of another human being.

Please, please, OH PLEASE tell me you’re joking so I can at least keep the fraction of respect I have for you.

RESTRICT THE MOVEMENTS OF ANOTHER HUMAN BEING?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! He was trying to keep the woman he loves, his children’s mother, from leaving, and he wasn’t doing it by force or violently, but was using the only thing he could think of in the heat of the moment.

Please explain how that’s in any way related to what Brown did

You’re attempting to shift attention away from Brown and you did it in the stupidest way humanity possible.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 04:44 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: I'm not going to debate you over which situation was worse, because that was never my intention.  My only point is that neither of us has the high ground when it comes to player conduct.  

If Henry were a Steeler, you'd likely have a very different view of what went down there.  But because he was a Bengal, you see nothing wrong with him attempting to restrict the movements of another human being.

Don't forget that Henry also supplied alcohol to a 15, 16 and 18 year old girls in his hotel room. What was a 23 year old doing with underage girls in his hotel room to begin with? You know he had ulterior motives in mind and they still supported him.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 11:42 AM)Captain Obvious Wrote: Don't forget that Henry also supplied alcohol to a 15, 16 and 18 year old girls in his hotel room. What was a 23 year old doing with underage girls in his hotel room to begin with? You know he had ulterior motives in mind and they still supported him.

I fail to see how Chris Henry being an idiot excuses Brown from being an even bigger one.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 11:47 AM)McC Wrote: I fail to see how Chris Henry being an idiot excuses Brown from being an even bigger one.

I'm not excusing it. I even said he was a douche. I was talking about Chris, because Brad thinks it means that we still support AB being a douche because we will still be root for the Steelers. Well if that's the case, he must support someone that likes to get minor girls drunk in his hotel room because he still supported the Bengals after that incident. Although we all know, but him, that just because you support a team, it doesn't mean you have to support every player on that team. I honestly don't like Ben or Antonio. I think they're both douches but I root for the Steelers team to do well, not the individual players.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 11:37 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Please, please, OH PLEASE tell me you’re joking so I can at least keep the fraction of respect I have for you.

RESTRICT THE MOVEMENTS OF ANOTHER HUMAN BEING?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! He was trying to keep the woman he loves, his children’s mother, from leaving, and he wasn’t doing it by force or violently, but was using the only thing he could think of in the heat of the moment.

Please explain how that’s in any way related to what Brown did

You’re attempting to shift attention away from Brown and you did it in the stupidest way humanity possible.

So, if Henry was a Steeler, you'd still be defending him? I highly doubt it.

Dude, take that plank out of your eye.

Besides, you're still caught on comparing them,even though I've said that's not what this is about. It's about perspective. I'm 100% convinced that if Brown were a Bengal, you'd be talking about how he showed poor judgement but never intended to aim at a toddler. But because he's a Steeler, the guy's a wannabe child murderer.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 11:54 AM)Captain Obvious Wrote: I'm not excusing it. I even said he was a douche. I was talking about Chris, because Brad thinks it means that we still support AB being a douche because we will still be root for the Steelers. Well if that's the case, he must support someone that likes to get minor girls drunk in his hotel room because he still supported the Bengals after that incident. Although we all know, but him, that just because you support a team, it doesn't mean you have to support every player on that team. I honestly don't like Ben or Antonio. I think they're both douches but I root for the Steelers team to do well, not the individual players.

Yep.
Reply/Quote
You know, I brought up Henry for a little bit of a reality check for Brad (and for the record, CO's examples of his behavior are more relevant to that point than mine).

But here's the thing, I wonder if they might not have more in common than I originally thought. Looking up Henry's story, I had forgotten that he was diagnosed with CTE after the autopsy. It kind of makes me wonder if Brown might not be similarly afflicted.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 12:18 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: So, if Henry was a Steeler, you'd still be defending him?  I highly doubt it.  

Dude, take that plank out of your eye.

Besides, you're still caught on comparing them,even though I've said that's not what this is about.  It's about perspective.  I'm 100% convinced that if Brown were a Bengal, you'd be talking about how he showed poor judgement but never intended to aim at a toddler.  But because he's a Steeler, the guy's a wannabe child murderer.

No, I'd 100% be calling him a douche and a **** because almost killing a toddler is way over the line.

You're still comparing them because you're saying I'd defend both the same way!  Are all Steelers fans this stupid?!

So, let's compare it:  Chris Henry, got teenage girls, one who was 18 (even though you ignored that), drunk (did he know the other two were as young as they were), and AB almost kills a toddler, and they're both similar how??!
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 12:34 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: You know, I brought up Henry for a little bit of a reality check for Brad (and for the record, CO's examples of his behavior are more relevant to that point than mine).  

But here's the thing, I wonder if they might not have more in common than I originally thought.  Looking up Henry's story, I had forgotten that he was diagnosed with CTE after the autopsy.  It kind of makes me wonder if Brown might not be similarly afflicted.

lol.........  now you're bringing up CTE as a way to justify it, which Brown might have, but now you're just throwing out everything to justify your team being a joke.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 12:39 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: No, I'd 100% be calling him a douche and a **** because almost killing a toddler is way over the line.

You're still comparing them because you're saying I'd defend both the same way!  Are all Steelers fans this stupid?!

So, let's compare it:  Chris Henry, got teenage girls, one who was 18 (even though you ignored that), drunk (did he know the other two were as young as they were), and AB almost kills a toddler, and they're both similar how??!

You'd call him a douche like we do, but you wouldn't stop rooting for the Bengals, so how is this any different than us doing it? We're not supporting the player, we support the team. That's the point you don't get. Just because you still root for the team, doesn't mean you support the player or their actions. To me, the Steelers aren't just Antonio and Ben. There's 51 other guys as well.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 12:44 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: You'd call him a douche like we do, but you wouldn't stop rooting for the Bengals, so how is this any different than us doing it? We're not supporting the player, we support the team. That's the point you don't get. Just because you still root for the team, doesn't mean you support the player or their actions. To me, the Steelers aren't just Antonio and Ben. There's 51 other guys as well.

Right.  I'm sure you're all up-in-arms about it.

You're supporting the player, just like you support Ben.

And they're not just Antonio and Ben?!  Outside of Ben, Antonio, and JuJu, how many individual Steelers does the average fan pull for?

Steelers fans are so full of shit and it's finally catching up to all of you!
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 12:52 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Right.  I'm sure you're all up-in-arms about it.

You're supporting the player, just like you support Ben.

And they're not just Antonio and Ben?!  Outside of Ben, Antonio, and JuJu, how many individual Steelers does the average fan pull for?

Steelers fans are so full of shit and it's finally catching up to all of you!

WRONG. Again, just because a player is on your team doesn't mean you support him. I have dozens of Steelers shirts. I don't have a single jersey. I support the TEAM. You supported the Bengals after Chris Henry gave those girls alcohol. I guess since you have a problem with us supporting the Steelers but you don't have a problem supporting the Bengals, that makes you a hypocrite.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2018, 02:26 PM)Whatever Wrote: I'm sure the Steelers will either blame Burfict or the refs for his problems.

(10-10-2018, 12:34 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: But here's the thing, I wonder if they might not have more in common than I originally thought.  Looking up Henry's story, I had forgotten that he was diagnosed with CTE after the autopsy.  It kind of makes me wonder if Brown might not be similarly afflicted.

And the slippery slope begins...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o8iFSP_S5h8
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 01:17 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: WRONG. Again, just because a player is on your team doesn't mean you support him. I have dozens of Steelers shirts. I don't have a single jersey. I support the TEAM. You supported the Bengals after Chris Henry gave those girls alcohol. I guess since you have a problem with us supporting the Steelers but you don't have a problem supporting the Bengals, that makes you a hypocrite.

Again, he bought an 18-year-old beer.  Wrong?  Yes.  A mistake?  Yes.  A cause to stop rooting for the team?  No.

Almost killing a toddler?  Once again, are Steelers fans stupid enough that you need me to spell this out for you?  I'll be happy to if you really think one makes me a hypocrite but the other makes it ok for you to do.

Please keep trying to compare supporting as a similarity because this is getting embarrassing for you.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 12:41 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: lol.........  now you're bringing up CTE as a way to justify it, which Brown might have, but now you're just throwing out everything to justify your team being a joke.

I purposefully didn’t quote anything in that post because it wasn’t a response to you. It was just an observation. I withdraw the comment for the purposes of smack. If any of the adults in the thread want to engage that thought, then I guess you can pm me.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 02:55 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Again, he bought an 18-year-old beer.  Wrong?  Yes.  A mistake?  Yes.  A cause to stop rooting for the team?  No.

Almost killing a toddler?  Once again, are Steelers fans stupid enough that you need me to spell this out for you?  I'll be happy to if you really think one makes me a hypocrite but the other makes it ok for you to do.

Please keep trying to compare supporting as a similarity because this is getting embarrassing for you.

I like how you're conveniently just posting the 18, an adult, but not posting about the 15 and 16 year olds. What was he doing with these girls in his hotel room giving them alcohol when he was 23? He had more intentions than just giving them alcohol. Keep making excuses for his behavior. If he played for the Steelers while doing that I guarantee you wouldn't be as calm about it. 
Reply/Quote