Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Antonio Brown sued
(10-10-2018, 12:39 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: No, I'd 100% be calling him a douche and a **** because almost killing a toddler is way over the line.

You're still comparing them because you're saying I'd defend both the same way!  Are all Steelers fans this stupid?!

So, let's compare it:  Chris Henry, got teenage girls, one who was 18 (even though you ignored that), drunk (did he know the other two were as young as they were), and AB almost kills a toddler, and they're both similar how??!

Right there is an example of what I’m talking about. You’re willing to ask questions that muddy the waters with Henry, but without really knowing all the details, you almost make it sound as if AB’s situation was a premeditated murder attempt.
Reply/Quote
Reading this article from the Chicago tribune at least makes me think a drug test should be required. http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/la-sp-antonio-brown-sued-20181010-story.html

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 12:39 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: No, I'd 100% be calling him a douche and a **** because almost killing a toddler is way over the line.

You're still comparing them because you're saying I'd defend both the same way!  Are all Steelers fans this stupid?!

So, let's compare it:  Chris Henry, got teenage girls, one who was 18 (even though you ignored that), drunk (did he know the other two were as young as they were), and AB almost kills a toddler, and they're both similar how??!

How do you know the 15 or 16 year old wouldn't get alcohol poisoning? There's a reason it's against the law for minors to drink. At 15 and 16 their brains are still developing. He was taking advantage of these girls. It doesn't matter that he didn't know they weren't minors. Saying I didn't know, they told me they were adults never works as a defense in a court of law. How did he know they wouldn't get mad and just drive home? He wasn't their father, or couldn't force them to stay there. It's just a really sketchy thing for an adult man to be doing and hanging out with underage girls. He had all that money and he was hanging out and getting drunk with children. Let that sink in for awhile.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 11:42 AM)Captain Obvious Wrote: Don't forget that Henry also supplied alcohol to a 15, 16 and 18 year old girls in his hotel room. What was a 23 year old doing with underage girls in his hotel room to begin with? You know he had ulterior motives in mind and they still supported him.

Nah, not even Merv supported him.  In fact, after his last arrest, Merv told the media he would never play in Cincinnati again.  Then, what does the genius GM, Son of Paul, do?  Promptly goes out and welcomes him back to the team.  That stupid decision was two fold.....

I was done with him when he got nabbed with reefer because his tags were expired....and if I remember correctly, his license was suspended too.  Forget all of the crime.....if he was that stupid, I didn't want him on the team.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 03:51 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Nah, not even Merv supported him.  In fact, after his last arrest, Merv told the media he would never play in Cincinnati again.  Then, what does the genius GM, Son of Paul, do?  Promptly goes out and welcomes him back to the team.  That stupid decision was two fold.....

I was done with him when he got nabbed with reefer because his tags were expired....and if I remember correctly, his license was suspended too.  Forget all of the crime.....if he was that stupid, I didn't want him on the team.

And I'm guessing you were still a Bengals fan even when he was still on the team, right?

Maybe you can explain the concept to Brad.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 03:56 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: And I'm guessing you were still a Bengals fan even when he was still on the team, right?  

Maybe you can explain the concept to Brad.

Yes, but I gotta tell ya, with him and Thurman dominating the court docket, it got pretty tough to remain that way.  Pacman was another case, although....relatively speaking.....he cleaned up his act in stripes.  I damn near quit on them after drafting Mixon.....I was that against the pick.  However, I got my second chances for being dumb and young, and so far, Joe has just been a pro.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 11:54 AM)Captain Obvious Wrote: I'm not excusing it. I even said he was a douche. I was talking about Chris, because Brad thinks it means that we still support AB being a douche because we will still be root for the Steelers. Well if that's the case, he must support someone that likes to get minor girls drunk in his hotel room because he still supported the Bengals after that incident. Although we all know, but him, that just because you support a team, it doesn't mean you have to support every player on that team. I honestly don't like Ben or Antonio. I think they're both douches but I root for the Steelers team to do well, not the individual players.

This is the big difference between the two and the thing that makes Brown the bigger idiot of the two idiots--Henry was an idiot before he ever got here.  The Bengals took him despite his red flags because they were trying to play catch up to the Ravens and Steelers and they tried to take a shortcut(see also Odell Thurman) and wrongly figured it was worth the risk.  Henry had no impulse control right from the start.  He was who he was right from the start to the very end.  He caused his own demise.

And that brings me to AB, who has the look of a guy initiating his own demise.  What makes his situation worse, aside from the endangering others part, is that Brown didn't show up this way.  He waited until he got to the top.  How ***** stupid is that.  It begs the question--was he always an idiot who was hiding it or has he just plain lost his mind?

Makes me wonder if he has Elvis syndrome, you know, a bunch of lackeys and sycophants around him but no one can tell him what a dumbass he's being.    Whatever it is, he's got some kind of problem.  It's sad to see somebody take his own self out, even if he does play for the Evil Empire.

And it's escalating with him too, which is never a good sign.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 03:28 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: I like how you're conveniently just posting the 18, an adult, but not posting about the 15 and 16 year olds. What was he doing with these girls in his hotel room giving them alcohol when he was 23? He had more intentions than just giving them alcohol. Keep making excuses for his behavior. If he played for the Steelers while doing that I guarantee you wouldn't be as calm about it. 

Did he know how old they were?  They were hanging out with the 18-year-old, so did he even question it?

Did he really think that they were just going to have a threesome with him?  Or was he shooting for one and he figured the other two would watch?  Videotape?  It's hilarious how you'll make bold claims and assumptions like that but avoid accepting the obvious when it comes to the Steelers!

But you're right.........  that's just as bad as almost killing a toddler!
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 04:44 PM)McC Wrote: This is the big difference between the two and the thing that makes Brown the bigger idiot of the two idiots--Henry was an idiot before he ever got here.  The Bengals took him despite his red flags because they were trying to play catch up to the Ravens and Steelers and they tried to take a shortcut(see also Odell Thurman) and wrongly figured it was worth the risk.  Henry had no impulse control right from the start.  He was who he was right from the start to the very end.  He caused his own demise.

And that brings me to AB, who has the look of a guy initiating his own demise.  What makes his situation worse, aside from the endangering others part, is that Brown didn't show up this way.  He waited until he got to the top.  How ***** stupid is that.  It begs the question--was he always an idiot who was hiding it or has he just plain lost his mind?

Makes me wonder if he has Elvis syndrome, you know, a bunch of lackeys and sycophants around him but no one can tell him what a dumbass he's being.    Whatever it is, he's got some kind of problem.  It's sad to see somebody take his own self out, even if he does play for the Evil Empire.

I can't really argue against your premise here, though it makes the Bengals as a team look kind of dumb (gotta get that smack in somewhere LOL).

But again, the point Brad consistently misses is that one can compartmentalize their devotion to a team and the conduct of individual players on that team without necessarily being hypocritical.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 04:44 PM)McC Wrote: This is the big difference between the two and the thing that makes Brown the bigger idiot of the two idiots--Henry was an idiot before he ever got here.  The Bengals took him despite his red flags because they were trying to play catch up to the Ravens and Steelers and they tried to take a shortcut(see also Odell Thurman) and wrongly figured it was worth the risk.  Henry had no impulse control right from the start.  He was who he was right from the start to the very end.  He caused his own demise.

I agree Brown is being a douche bag here, but in his defense, the grandfather seems like he's just trying to cash in. This happened in April and it's just now coming to light and he's suing for emotional distress for his grandson who is now 2. That meant his grandson was 1 when this happened. Yes Brown was wrong, but how much emotional distress can a 1 year old have for falling furniture? My guess is the man later found out he was rich and decided to cash in and using his grandson as an excuse. Now with that said, I'm sure he'll get a game suspension since the NFL is watching this closely. I'm ok with that. 
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 05:12 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: I agree Brown is being a douche bag here, but in his defense, the grandfather seems like he's just trying to cash in. This happened in April and it's just now coming to light and he's suing for emotional distress for his grandson who is now 2. That meant his grandson was 1 when this happened. Yes Brown was wrong, but how much emotional distress can a 1 year old have for falling furniture? My guess is the man later found out he was rich and decided to cash in and using his grandson as an excuse. Now with that said, I'm sure he'll get a game suspension since the NFL is watching this closely. I'm ok with that. 

Yeah, I'm not so sure I believe grandpa when he says his grandson is having nightmares or whatever...
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 03:29 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Right there is an example of what I’m talking about.  You’re willing to ask questions that muddy the waters with Henry, but without really knowing all the details, you almost make it sound as if AB’s situation was a premeditated murder attempt.
Oh........  ok.........  so what other questions could be asked about the AB situation that could possibly make it ok that he almost killed a toddler?

What other details make this anywhere near related to what Henry did?  

Also, hilarious how you were so quick to relate this to Henry when there were many more questions with that one, but you're a wait-and-see guy when this appears obvious.

Very ironic.   Rolleyes
(10-10-2018, 03:48 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: How do you know the 15 or 16 year old wouldn't get alcohol poisoning? There's a reason it's against the law for minors to drink. At 15 and 16 their brains are still developing. He was taking advantage of these girls. It doesn't matter that he didn't know they weren't minors. Saying I didn't know, they told me they were adults never works as a defense in a court of law. How did he know they wouldn't get mad and just drive home? He wasn't their father, or couldn't force them to stay there. It's just a really sketchy thing for an adult man to be doing and hanging out with underage girls. He had all that money and he was hanging out and getting drunk with children. Let that sink in for awhile.

You say that they're still young and could die from alcohol poisoning, brains still developing, and all that, but turn around and say that they could have left on their own!

You argue against yourself in your own post!  

It was wrong and their brains were still developing, but they were also obviously old enough and mature enough to know what was going on, and you need to stop comparing this with almost killing a toddler because it just looks horrible on you and Steelers Nation.

Steelers fans are shameful.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 05:12 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: I can't really argue against your premise here, though it makes the Bengals as a team look kind of dumb (gotta get that smack in somewhere LOL).

But again, the point Brad consistently misses is that one can compartmentalize their devotion to a team and they conduct of individual players on that team without necessarily being hypocritical.

No doubt.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 05:23 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Oh........  ok.........  so what other questions could be asked about the AB situation that could possibly make it ok that he almost killed a toddler?

What other details make this anywhere near related to what Henry did?  

Also, hilarious how you were so quick to relate this to Henry when there were many more questions with that one, but you're a wait-and-see guy when this appears obvious.

Very ironic.   Rolleyes

You say that they're still young and could die from alcohol poisoning, brains still developing, and all that, but turn around and say that they could have left on their own!

You argue against yourself in your own post!  

It was wrong and their brains were still developing, but they were also obviously old enough and mature enough to know what was going on, and you need to stop comparing this with almost killing a toddler because it just looks horrible on you and Steelers Nation.

Steelers fans are shameful.

Ok, I'll try to explain this one last time. I said they could die from alcohol poisoning because they were so young and their brains were still developing. Yes that is a thing because it happened to me like 10 years ago when I got alcohol poisoning when I took 7 shots in 1 minute and I'm a light weight. I started going into convulsions and had to be rushed by ambulance to the ER. That was the end of my drinking days. Now if they start getting some alcohol in them they could easily try to leave and the oldest one could possibly try to get behind the wheel. Now do you get it? That doesn't excuse Brown's behavior because he is a douche bag. I agree with you on that one. So is Ben, I'll agree with you on that one as well. I also think Henry, Pac Man and Vontze are all douche bags as well. Face it, there's douche bags on all teams and you can root for any team, but not support the douche bags on that team. That's why I don't own any jersey's. I just own team shirts of the Steelers.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 03:29 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Right there is an example of what I’m talking about.  You’re willing to ask questions that muddy the waters with Henry, but without really knowing all the details, you almost make it sound as if AB’s situation was a premeditated murder attempt.
Offer any reasonable explanation and I'll listen.

I'll throw out one:  
A poltergeist was in the room and was throwing the furniture at AB, so he threw the furniture out the window in self-defense!

Aside from that, I'm not really sure what other explanation you could provide, but I'll happily listen.
(10-10-2018, 06:28 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: Ok, I'll try to explain this one last time. I said they could die from alcohol poisoning because they were so young and their brains were still developing. Yes that is a thing because it happened to me like 10 years ago when I got alcohol poisoning when I took 7 shots in 1 minute and I'm a light weight. I started going into convulsions and had to be rushed by ambulance to the ER. That was the end of my drinking days. Now if they start getting some alcohol in them they could easily try to leave and the oldest one could possibly try to get behind the wheel. Now do you get it? That doesn't excuse Brown's behavior because he is a douche bag. I agree with you on that one. So is Ben, I'll agree with you on that one as well. I also think Henry, Pac Man and Vontze are all douche bags as well. Face it, there's douche bags on all teams and you can root for any team, but not support the douche bags on that team. That's why I don't own any jersey's. I just own team shirts of the Steelers.

You think Chris is just going to let them leave?  You think they would be stupid enough to leave?  Did they even drive or did Chris?  They went to the hotel room thinking "oh, we'll get drunk and drive home"?

You think they're going to take 7 shots in a minute?
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 10:46 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Offer any reasonable explanation and I'll listen.

I'll throw out one:  
A poltergeist was in the room and was throwing the furniture at AB, so he threw the furniture out the window in self-defense!

Aside from that, I'm not really sure what other explanation you could provide, but I'll happily listen.

You think Chris is just going to let them leave?  You think they would be stupid enough to leave?  Did they even drive or did Chris?  They went to the hotel room thinking "oh, we'll get drunk and drive home"?

You think they're going to take 7 shots in a minute?

When I took 7 shots I was an adult. My brain was fully developed. When you're under the influence of alcohol, you're not thinking properly. Just a couple beers could get these underage girls drunk. When you're drunk you're not thinking clearly and you make stupid decisions like thinking you're sober enough to drive. So yes these girls might not think if they're drinking that they're going to drive, but after a few beers your feelings change. That's why there's so many DUI's every year. Do you honestly think these people drink and think they're going to drive as well?
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 10:46 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Offer any reasonable explanation and I'll listen.

I'll throw out one:  

Your problem is that you think I'm trying to exonerate the guy.  I'm not.  He was extremely dumb and reckless. I just don't think it's reasonable to accuse him of attempted murder.  

The reasonable question you're ignoring is one of intent. You're more than happy to question whether Henry intended to get underage girls drunk.  Fine.  But you won't even consider whether Brown intended to kill a kid.  He was extremely dumb and reckless, yes.  But the fact that a kid just happened to be nearby was something that was completely circumstantial: it was out of his control.  Had he done his thing a minute earlier or later, the kid might not have been an issue.   Yet you act as if that moment of chance paints the guy as a child murderer.  Dont get me wrong:had he killed the kid, he'd have been guilty of manslaughter, which is terrible in and of itself. But there's a reason they distinguish between the two.  

Maybe you can relate to this example: Let's say that I did something extremely dumb and reckless, like driving my car into a dangerous area that I wasn't  supposed to, hitting a tree and severely injuring myself in the process.  If someone had been standing between my car and the tree and I hit them, that doesn't make me more murderous than I would have been if nobody was there.  It makes me more unfortunate, and definitely more liable, but it has no effect on my original motivation to be dumb and reckless.  I would be guilty of doing something really stupid, but I would not have intended to kill.  

Can you relate to that?  I apologize if that's too personal; I don't intend it as a personal attack.  I'm just trying to make my point relatable to you.  
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 12:44 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: You'd call him a douche like we do, but you wouldn't stop rooting for the Bengals, so how is this any different than us doing it? We're not supporting the player, we support the team. That's the point you don't get. Just because you still root for the team, doesn't mean you support the player or their actions. To me, the Steelers aren't just Antonio and Ben. There's 51 other guys as well.

Hilarious It's a vortex, and even though you know it's up ahead, and you say I'm not heading toward the vortex today, you still get sucked in by the vortex.   Hilarious
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2018, 07:20 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Your problem is that you think I'm trying to exonerate the guy.  I'm not.  He was extremely dumb and reckless I just don't think it's reasonable to accuse him of attempted murder.  

The reasonable question you're ignoring is one of intent.  You're more than happy to question whether Henry intended to get underage girls drunk.  Fine.  But you won't even consider whether Brown intended to kill a kid.  He was extremely dumb and reckless, yes.  But the fact that a kid just happened to be nearby was something that was completely circumstantial: it was out of his control.  Had he done his thing a minute earlier or later, the kid might not have been issue.   Yet you act as if that moment of chance paints the guy as a child murderer.  Dont get me wrong: he'd have been guilty of manslaughter, which is terrible in and of itself, but there's a reason they distinguish between the two.  

Maybe you can relate to this example: Let's say that I did something extremely dumb and reckless, like driving my car into a dangerous area that I wasn't  supposed to, hitting a tree and severely injuring myself in the process.  If someone had been standing between my car and the tree and I hit them, that doesn't make me more murderous than I would have been if nobody was there.  It makes me more unfortunate, and definitely more liable, but it has no effect on my original motivation to be dumb and reckless.  I would be guilty of doing something really stupid, but I would not have intended to kill.  

Can you relate to that?  I apologize if that's too personal, but I'm not trying to attack you.  I'm sincerely trying to make my point relatable.  

I have a question.  Someone mentioned that this happened back in April.  If that's the case, how in hell were there no criminal charges?  This is clearly  criminal act, and on at least two fronts.  

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 05:12 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: I can't really argue against your premise here, though it makes the Bengals as a team look kind of dumb (gotta get that smack in somewhere LOL).

But again, the point Brad consistently misses is that one can compartmentalize their devotion to a team and they conduct of individual players on that team without necessarily being hypocritical.

Well, no one ever accused Mikey of being the brightest crayon in the box.....

Reply/Quote