Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Burfict and Adam defenders?
I either can't believe what I just witness, or I am not surprised at what just happened. The pure unadulterated selfishness on the part of Jones and Burfict is beyond anything I have ever seen. I say trade both away to any team who wants them. They cost the Bengals the game. It's a sad state of affairs. I'm still in shock over this.
Reply/Quote
The refs let Porter stay on the field and incite Jones. They should have seen that.

Burficts hit was cheap, but they happen all the time. He'll be fined and suspended.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Marvin Lewis defended both of them. He said that he couldn't tell if Burfict touched Brown. When a reporter questioned him about Pacman's penalty he said that he wouldn't single anyone out.
Reply/Quote
I feel like the Steelers did their best to bait those two players in particular.
They lost their heads.
It's on them.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Shazier is allowed to spear folks in the head. Burfict and Jones r bad boys. They're allowed to false start at will. Bengals get 0 tolerance. It's not a coincidence. Neither is Stone Cold Steve Austin's record.
Reply/Quote
This one was bad enough Marvin might be gone. On the lack poise and player discipline alone.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Adams penalty was bs. They pulled guys apart the whole game. So you decide the game on a push. That was gift wrapped.
Reply/Quote
There is no defending either of them.

Reply/Quote
I will defend Burfict somewhat. I will not defend Jones.

If Burfict really wanted to light Brown up and go for a kill shot, he could have. Brown's head clearly dipped down and went into Burfict's shoulder. Deion Sanders, no matter how unbearable he is, just described it very well on NFLN.

Pacman on the other hand, was an absolute freaking moron. If I were a player in that situation, I go to the freaking sideline, I sit down on the field, whatever. You don't get into it with refs, nothing good will ever come out of that.

I am embarrassed either way.
Reply/Quote
Hill lost that game
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
They definitely incited the Bengals. There were so many non football related plays in that game. How horrendous. Now the big questio mark is would this game have even been close if Andy was playing.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:26 AM)jj22 Wrote: This one was bad enough Marvin might be gone. On the lack poise and player discipline alone.

The only thing that might save Marv is the fact Dalton didn't play.
Reply/Quote
None of this would even ****** matter if hill does what any person in the world should do and not fumble
[Image: BernLocksig.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:25 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Shazier is allowed to spear folks in the head.

Agreed. What Ryan Shazier did was far dirtier than Burfict's hit. 

Reply/Quote
Burfict went in shoulder-first at chest height. The guy's head came down low. He got the head, it's a penalty you have to call, if you are the refs, but I also don't feel he was targeting or taking a cheap shot. To use CBS's terminology for the guy who DID lead with his helmet and target, it was just "an unfortunate hit." I couldn't even tell what happened with Jones, so no opinion, there.
Reply/Quote
So we are ******* when we let the Steelers push us around, but then they stick up for themselves and get called out?

Burfict should have tried to avoid the hit, but I don't think it was overly dirty.

And Porter had no business over there baiting Jones.

What a joke the Refs and this NFL is becoming.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:27 AM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: The only thing that might save Marv is the fact Dalton didn't play.

I don't know this was pretty epic with former players and media questioning why can't this "talented" team win, and the lack of discipline. This was a historic loss and that's saying something. Marvin is definitely in trouble. The FO leaked Guenther (not Hue), would be Marvins replacement if this game was bad (which as an odd timed leak). It was worse then anyone could have imagined. It may have been the big one.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:31 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: Agreed. What Ryan Shazier did was far dirtier than Burfict's hit. 

What made it even worse was the dancing afterwards... when the person he just hit was laying motionless.
Reply/Quote
But Guenther is DC it was his guys who were out of control. It seemed like Dunlap was the only Bengal trying to get things under control. The refs could have sent an early message when Mike Munchack pushed Nelson by removing him from his coaching duties for the game.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
There's no defending Burfict or Jones. Burfict could have avoided the hit. He was coming across the field. Make a concerted effort to slow down, move, do something. I don't think it should have been flagged, especially since there was no flag on Shazier, but he knew he was being watched. Marvin had just talked to him about calming down.

Jones put his hands on an official. There's nothing else to say.

Both need to play smarter. Both need to be able to control themselves and their emotions. Both have shown repeatedly that they either cannot control themselves or aren't willing to try.
Reply/Quote