Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Concern that this can fall through?
So from what I read, Taylor is the guy. It's out there in the media.

Supposedly the Bengals have not contacted him to inform him and start negotiating a contract with him because they don't want to distract the Rams preparation.

We know they thought they were keeping Whitworth and he left. Is there any way this falls through?

If it fell through, Bieniemy might be salty and turn the job down too for not being the 1st choice.

We saw McDaniels agree to a contract and then back out. This isn't even that far along.

IF the Rams win the SB, maybe they offer Taylor a huge contract to stay?

Thoughts?
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 11:35 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So from what I read, Taylor is the guy. It's out there in the media.

Supposedly the Bengals have not contacted him to inform him and start negotiating a contract with him because they don't want to distract the Rams preparation.

We know they thought they were keeping Whitworth and he left. Is there any way this falls through?

If it fell through, Bieniemy might be salty and turn the job down too for not being the 1st choice.

We saw McDaniels agree to a contract and then back out. This isn't even that far along.

Thoughts?

I don't share your love of looking for the down side so for now, I'm just gonna wait and see what happens and then decide if i need to panic.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 11:35 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So from what I read, Taylor is the guy. It's out there in the media.

Thoughts?

TP you are a nervous Nelly.  This is like the 50th (slight exaggeration) "What if" "worried type" "scenario" of thread you've started in the last two days???  lol
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Honestly, we don't even "know" it's Taylor. An hour before an unnamed source said it was Taylor, all reports had it as bienemy. We
Reply/Quote

Thoughts?

There's always a chance, but honestly, if a coach interviewed for a HC position with a team and then were offered the position, I don't see that same person turning it down. Yes, i know the Josh McDaniels thing happened, but that was what like the only time in recent history that's happened.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Is a frog's ass water tight?? We all know this could go south in a heartbeat.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 11:51 AM)Benton Wrote: Honestly, we don't even "know" it's Taylor. An hour before an unnamed source said it was Taylor, all reports had it as bienemy. We

This.  Also, from what I've read, this source isn't exactly very reliable.  They also announced on ESPN last season that Marvin was out before the Minnesota game, we saw how that turned out.  I wouldn't rule anything out, including the scenario the OP lays out, but I'm just going to wait and see how it all shakes out.  This is like "silly season" in NASCAR, lots of unsubstantiated speculation.  As close as this team keeps thing to the vest, there is a lot of doubt in my mind that anything has been leaked.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
It's possible that Mike Brown pulls a veto and we get Hue, and it's possible that we are turned down by Beineiemeimeme and Taylor for reasons connected to what they are offered to stay. It's also possible that we are doing too much of a 180 and making a risky bid to hire a trendy template rather than a specific HC and that it doesn't pay off.

Personally, I just want to see something different and then let the chips fall where they will. If we do the young offensive-minded HC hire because it's all the rage and it fizzles, well...Hue will still be available, I guess.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 12:10 PM)Wyche Wrote: This.  Also, from what I've read, this source isn't exactly very reliable.  They also announced on ESPN last season that Marvin was out before the Minnesota game, we saw how that turned out.  I wouldn't rule anything out, including the scenario the OP lays out, but I'm just going to wait and see how it all shakes out.  This is like "silly season" in NASCAR, lots of unsubstantiated speculation.  As close as this team keeps thing to the vest, there is a lot of doubt in my mind that anything has been leaked.

Until totally Official the Piano Man as Head Coach fall back option is still in play.  Mellow
Reply/Quote

Thoughts?

Or the media could be completely wrong.  The Bengals haven't said anything.
Reply/Quote
No. In my 41 years, nothing the Bengals have ever done has turned out poorly or gone unexpectedly.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote

Thoughts?

yesterday the media was sure it was Bieniemy as well....   So if the bengals haven't contracted either as you say why would either be salty.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 12:27 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: No. In my 41 years, nothing the Bengals have ever done has turned out poorly or gone unexpectedly.

Exactly!  This is the Bengals, what could go wrong?   Ninja
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 12:29 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: yesterday the media was sure it was Bieniemy as well....   So if the bengals haven't contracted either as you say why would either be salty.

It's interesting that they fired coaches too...as that means they would have done that on their own accord then if they haven't been communicating with a new HC.
Reply/Quote
Im just happy that this team is taking a huge swing with Taylor rather than hiring some familiar turd like Hue or Vance.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Thoughts?

We really don't know what went down in the interview.  The Bengals may have very well thrown a number out there that they agreed to in principle.  Obviously, there were discussions as to what assistants they wanted to keep, or they wouldn't be firing guys.  

We'll have to wait and see.  If Bienemy indeed winds up being the fall back, the only way I see him passing is if KC goes 1 and done and fires Reid to promote him.  
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 01:36 PM)Whatever Wrote: We really don't know what went down in the interview.  The Bengals may have very well thrown a number out there that they agreed to in principle.  Obviously, there were discussions as to what assistants they wanted to keep, or they wouldn't be firing guys.  

We'll have to wait and see.  If Bienemy indeed winds up being the fall back, the only way I see him passing is if KC goes 1 and done and fires Reid to promote him.  

No way would they throw a number out to Taylor in the 1st interview.
Reply/Quote
Ywp, although I don’t believe it’s an inside hire no matter what. If the alternative is Bieniemy, then that’s a pretty good “consolation” prize.

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 01:43 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: No way would they throw a number out to Taylor in the 1st interview.

Maybe not an exact number, but a range can be expected. Plus a 4yr unlimited supply of coupons to Wendy’s and Arby’s. Then when you throw in the extra 10% off at Kroger’s, it pretty tough to pass up.

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 12:29 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: yesterday the media was sure it was Bieniemy as well....   So if the bengals haven't contracted either as you say why would either be salty.

Apparently if you look at wikipedia, everybody we have interview, is listed as our HC....
Reply/Quote