Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Hangers On???
(11-16-2016, 02:36 PM)Brimey Wrote: With Heyward out, a vulnerable Steelers D just got more iffy. The division is wide open. Baltimore has a brutal upcoming schedule

The Bengals' schedule is no cake walk, especially when you consider how they have played to this point in the year.  The only "for sure" win I see is Cleveland and would not be overly shocked if they lose that one.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2016, 01:08 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I am in no way a Jerry Jones fan, but think Elliott and Prescott make for a good story this year.  I really enjoyed watching them come back in that last minute at Heinz Field last week.

Hell, I was cheering for em like they were the Bengals! LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2016, 02:40 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: The Bengals' schedule is no cake walk, especially when you consider how they have played to this point in the year.  The only "for sure" win I see is Cleveland and would not be overly shocked if they lose that one.

Exactly - two more prime time, nuff said

two against Ravens, one more Steelers, Texans, Bills won't be easy, neither will Eagles. This team will have to have an epic recovery to win out !!!!!
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2016, 03:00 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: ...... This team will have to have an epic recovery to win out !!!!!

A pipe dream at best!
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2016, 01:14 PM)ANTHONY Wrote: HHAHAAHAHAH The Jets Blow get outta here with that.. I dont hate Andy just dont think he is a winner or that good , He cracks under pressure of the big lights .. We have all seen it time and again. Also Aj McCarron had that playoff game won till a couple of Idiots ruined it for him... He would be the QB right now if not for Burfict. This isn't all about Dalton though besides AJ the whole team is bad this year...

Watching that Jets game, I thought the Jets must be really good. Little did I know at the time the Bengals would just be really bad this year. Sad
Reply/Quote
It all depends on how the OL and defense plays. I think we can beat any team remaining on the schedule if they decide to show up. But I don't think they will. The OL is going to kill our offense and the lack of a defense will make any game hard to win.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2016, 01:14 PM)ANTHONY Wrote: HHAHAAHAHAH The Jets Blow get outta here with that.. I dont hate Andy just dont think he is a winner or that good , He cracks under pressure of the big lights .. We have all seen it time and again. Also Aj McCarron had that playoff game won till a couple of Idiots ruined it for him... He would be the QB right now if not for Burfict. This isn't all about Dalton though besides AJ the whole team is bad this year...

McCarron didn't almost have that playoff game won. We almost won despite McCarron. The defense was the only reason we were in that game. Give me a break. Anyone who thinks that doesn't remember how poorly McCarron played.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2016, 12:48 PM)ANTHONY Wrote: The team is in total meltdown mode, and We have a QB who couldn't win big games when the team was clicking as a whole about as good as a team can.. This is 90's bad I'm deff done with this year... Go Lions and Marv Jones  .. You would have to be nuts or have some very good crack to think Andy could win with that Oline and put the team on his back. Dude couldn't win with the most talent in the NFL around him... The Defense is garbage to Dbs LBs hell the whole Defense I don't even know where to start.. Is there even a positive to anything about this team? Only thing I could think is AJ Green poor guy has the red head throwing to him and is still great playing in this dysfunction.

The problem isn't Dalton. Yes early on he was a choker when it came to big games. When people would point that out, at that time, they were called haters by those who have some sort of mixed up gender crush going on with Dalton. These Dalton fanatics really did Dalton a disservice by making a bunch of excuses for him.

But that was Bad Andy and we really haven't seen Bad Andy since 2014.

Dalton has improved A LOT. He's changed his game A LOT. He's a MUCH BETTER leader for the offense than ever before.

Now Marvin and Mikey are another story entirely. These two blokes have their heads up their rears so far that daylight is a distance memory. Marvin Lewis has brought a whole new meaning to sucking in big games.

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2016, 01:29 PM)ANTHONY Wrote: That why I dont like Dalton . See you finally agree. It dont have to be McCarron under center either. I have just seen enough of Dalton.. He will never be a winner , he will retire without one playoff win...

Betcha with a different owner and coaching staff he will win a SB. Just not in Cincinnati for obvious reasons.
Reply/Quote
While they are mathematically alive, I do not believe they can accomplish what they need to accomplish.
As Mo was saying on his show today: are they capable of beating Buffalo? Yes. Baltimore? Yes. Philadelphia? Yes. All three of them in a row?

We're dead, we're just not broke yet.

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
As far as hopes for the Bengals making the playoffs, I am treading water and gasping for air.

I don’t see any team in the AFC North getting a wildcard.

This is how I see the chances for a division win:

Baltimore    40%
Pittsburgh   35%
Cincinnati    24%
Cleveland      1%
Reply/Quote
Absolutely no chance of this team getting thier crap together in time to win this division this year. Bye bye playoff streak.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2016, 12:48 PM)ANTHONY Wrote: The team is in total meltdown mode, and We have a QB who couldn't win big games when the team was clicking as a whole about as good as a team can.. This is 90's bad I'm deff done with this year... Go Lions and Marv Jones  .. You would have to be nuts or have some very good crack to think Andy could win with that Oline and put the team on his back. Dude couldn't win with the most talent in the NFL around him... The Defense is garbage to Dbs LBs hell the whole Defense I don't even know where to start.. Is there even a positive to anything about this team? Only thing I could think is AJ Green poor guy has the red head throwing to him and is still great playing in this dysfunction.
Dead Horse Singing to the choir. 

Around these parts Dalton is the shiznit, but he doesn't stink. Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
I'm at the point where I am tired of this team wallowing in mediocrity......
I feel like I wouldn't care to watch another game as long as :

A) Marvin Lewis (the worst coach in the league) is still coaching this team
B) Peko (the most useless player in the NFL) is still on this team .
c) Andy Dalton (the most un-clutch QB in the league) is still the starting quarterback of this team.
Reply/Quote
The division is horrid so there is a chance at that.

Believe the wild card ship has sailed though.

Yet even the division is a long shot with the trench play.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Lots of crying in here.

A Baltimore loss to Dallas this weekend along with a Pitt win vs Cleveland and a Cincy win against the Bills and its 5-5, 5-5 and 4-5-1.

If the Bengals lose to the Bills I'll pack it in but if they pull out win then back it up by beating Baltimore the following week how many of you will be back on the bandwagon? What if that plays out AND the Colts win at home vs. Pitt in week 12? That would be 5-5-1, 5-6 and 5-6.

How you like them apples?

god this division sucks
Reply/Quote
Weirder things have happened in the NFL. What I know about this team is they will not quit and they will fight to the end. You can say what you want about Marvin coached teams but they don't quit. I don't think it will be enough though.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2016, 06:06 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: A pipe dream at best!

Likely .500 for the rest of this season.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2016, 07:56 PM)BengalChris Wrote: The problem isn't Dalton. Yes early on he was a choker when it came to big games. When people would point that out, at that time, they were called haters by those who have some sort of mixed up gender crush going on with Dalton. These Dalton fanatics really did Dalton a disservice by making a bunch of excuses for him.

But that was Bad Andy and we really haven't seen Bad Andy since 2014.

Dalton has improved A LOT. He's changed his game A LOT. He's a MUCH BETTER leader for the offense than ever before.

Now Marvin and Mikey are another story entirely. These two blokes have their heads up their rears so far that daylight is a distance memory. Marvin Lewis has brought a whole new meaning to sucking in big games.

Mediocre Marv and Mike Clown have always been the biggest problem.  Good coaching and good talent can mask ANY player's deficiencies.....just ask Colin Krapernick.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2016, 02:15 AM)Wyche Wrote: Mediocre Marv and Mike Clown have always been the biggest problem.  Good coaching and good talent can mask ANY player's deficiencies.....just ask Colin Krapernick.

LOL, remember Mikey wanting Krapernick?

Reply/Quote