Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Ideas for a BOLD move that could set the Bengals up for Greater Success ?
(01-20-2024, 03:34 PM)depthchart Wrote: Mike's dad Paul may have topped Mike by letting Bill Walsh leave the Organization.

What might the Bengals History have looked like had Bill Walsh stayed in 1976 ?

Crazy.

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2024, 03:51 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Crazy.

Me and some crazy old man are working on an Old Delorian car in my garage to try to make it

take us back to 1975 so we can convince Paul Brown to keep Bill Walsh as Head Coach.   Gaah    
Reply/Quote
Let Reader go Sign Chris Jones him and Hendrickson and Hill on the Dline we may lead the NFL in sacks. Make it an absolute nightmare for all elite QB's
in the AFC
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2024, 12:36 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Let Reader go Sign Chris Jones him and Hendrickson and Hill on the Dline we may lead the NFL in sacks. Make it an absolute nightmare for all elite QB's
in the AFC

Eh, maybe stopping the run a little helps the defense more than a few extra sacks will?  Only 5 teams gave up more rushing yards than the Bengals this year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Hire a top lawyer to find a way to nullify Joe Burrow's contract extension, then trade him (he'd still be on the 5th year option) for some players and picks that will probably be on the field way more often than him and produce.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2024, 11:01 PM)dxdtdemon Wrote: Hire a top lawyer to find a way to nullify Joe Burrow's contract extension, then trade him (he'd still be on the 5th year option) for some players and picks that will probably be on the field way more often than him and produce.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2024, 03:13 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Eh, maybe stopping the run a little helps the defense more than a few extra sacks will?  Only 5 teams gave up more rushing yards than the Bengals this year.

Im good with Jones but also need to add a legit run stuffer through Draft or FA, maybe Michael Pierce? 
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2024, 11:38 AM)kalibengal Wrote: Im good with Jones but also need to add a legit run stuffer through Draft or FA, maybe Michael Pierce? 

Pierce signed a two-year 7.5M extension with Baltimore a few weeks ago. I would have signed him to that deal in a heartbeat.
Reply/Quote
Fire Pollack,and sign Jake Browning.I Don’t trust Burrow to stay healthy.Especially with our OL issues.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2024, 12:52 AM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Fire Pollack,and sign Jake Browning.I Don’t trust Burrow to stay healthy.Especially with our OL issues.

The Bengals should hang on to Browning. 

Finally know that they have a decent backup QB in place.

I guess there is an outside chance that New Titans Coach Brian Callahan would want Browning over Will Levis.

Slight chance the Bengals could Trade Browning but most likely he stays in Cincy which may be best.

Not sure what other Teams may want Browning as a Starter. If any.
Reply/Quote
I guess I'm in the minority here in how I view the Bengals front office work....

- Before the season last year, if healthy, the Bengals had the most talented top to bottom roster in the entire league. This came from drafting well & signing primarily 2nd contract guys. The Bengals outlook on personnel is working well.

So, for this question to have a realistic answer, we need to look at players coming off 1st contracts or franchise tags closely thereafter from teams that have...

- Major cap issues
- New coaching staffs who are changing systems where guys don't fit
- Young, high draft picks behind expiring 1st contract expiring players.

The Bengals probably aren't going to reverse ZT's track record of signing the above up & comers in their prime only to revert back to Marvin grabbing cheap, big name, vets he trusts off of scrap heaps. This rules out guys like Chris Jones, Derrick Henry, etc. Probably even DJ Reader unless it's on a steal of a deal coming off injury. Probably even Chido, too, who is about to be 29.

Team I think are ripe for the fleecing are: Saints, Bills, Dolphins, Chargers, Broncos, Browns, Steelers, Cowboys.

All of the above teams have significant cap issues and are FAR into the negative in regards to the cap. Dallas being the least in trouble with -$14mill. Saints the worst with -$82Mill

I think those rosters have some strong expiring deals and a ton of talent.
Reply/Quote
Get Bill Belichick to coach both the offensive and defensive lines.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2024, 12:56 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Jake Browning is already under contract. How do people not know this?

Not really. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote