Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Ideas for a BOLD move that could set the Bengals up for Greater Success ?
(01-12-2024, 04:23 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I have no doubt Tee will sign the tag.  The problem is Tee can wait until the end of August/beginning of September right before the 2024 football season starts before he signs the tag.  Jessie Bates did this when tagged.  

At that point what do you do, wait until 2025 for the draft picks?  If you are trying to trade for a player instead of picks, is the other team going to trade someone that just went through camp and preseason?  The Bengals are not in a good spot for a trade on this one.  They should have made the trade last spring when Tee was under contract and could have brought the Bengals a 1st and 3rd round pick.   Management completely blew that opportunity.  Now their options are limited.  For all the good the Bengals management has done the last few years, they still make some boneheaded, shortsighted decisions.  Not trading Tee when he was going to be a free agent after this past season is one of them.

I have to disagree... I think they view Tee as someone they really want to keep. The question is can they do it. They can tag him twice. Super Bowl contending teams (legit contenders) aren't as concerned with draft picks. I honestly think they need to go all in this season. Tag Tee... Trade picks away for a true game changer (like the Rams did with Ramsey), and try and get this championship before the big money actually comes due.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2024, 04:08 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Under, for sure. 

I mean, other than Henry, actually landing the DT targets, or Winfield, is a pretty long shot. Even at OT, Smith may be a Cowboy for life. If the Pats go QB in the draft, which they should, I doubt they let their best OL walk. Beyond those two, I do not love the FA OT class. 

The Dolphins are in salary cap hell, so maybe Wilkins gets away. If he does he won't be cheap. Though we could mitigate by releasing BJ Hill.  

Schultz likely won't be a bargain and we do not spend on TEs. And I doubt we spend big on S, CB, or DE having just picked Dax, Turner, and Murphy. 

Most likely, I think we keep Mixon and watch helplessly as KC/BALT/CLE/MIAMI/PITT sign Henry. Honestly, I think Joe was fine last year, but Henry is a different level. I mean, we feast on the light box with Henry, methinks. 

Anyway, I think we mostly strike out on big fish and circle back to re-signing our own guys save for Jonah, taking an OT in Rd1, and going from there (likely DT/NT in Rd 2&3). 

I'd could be VERY happy with: 
1. Sign Tee & Reader 
2. Sign Henry/cut Mixon 
3. Whatever combo pack we can do with the rest as long as Browning & Hudson are back: vet OT (Brown/Smith), Schultz, big ticket DT/S/CB (Wilkins, Winfield, Sneed, unlikely), Chido, Boyd, depth CB/S. 

Picking #18, we most assuredly could get, if we want: 

1) A good RT/OT prospect: Latham, Mims, Fuaga, Guyton (all RTs) or Morgan, Suamataia, or Paul even if we move back. I think one of those RTs, likely 2 or more, is there, plus the 2ndctier LTs. 

2) Some of the top tier CB prospects: Wiggins is probably gone, but one of McKinstry, DeJean, Armold, Lassiter, or Mitchell is likely there.

3) The top NT guy (Sweat) or a very good DT prospect (Murphy). Either could be had in Rd2, but might not last to our pick. I like McKinley Jackson (NT) in Rd3, but not sure is he a Reader replacement right away. 

4) A very good WR2-3: Coleman is unlikely, but Thomas, Legette, Franklin, Mitchell, & McConkey are all there, many much later or Rd 2-3 with Polk, Corley, either Wilson, or McMillan.

I'd love Newton (DT) or Bowers (TE), but winning that last came cost us 4 spots & I do not see either guy lasting to #18. 

A few years back, The Rams went all in and Won a Super Bowl then had to sort of start from scratch to a degree (so to speak) with a rebuild.

I think the Bengals are in a Super Bowl Window.

If they stay in this somewhat "safe", Draft and develop with not so BOLD off seasons mindset, how long do you see the "Window" staying open ?

It may stay open longer this way while never getting it done with a Super Bowl Win like the Rams did.

Not saying 2024 has to be the Year to go all out BOLD but they may have to at some point before the Window closes.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2024, 12:25 PM)Housh Wrote: Saquon Barkley is realistic

He should be our main target after offensive lineman

How is Barkley realistic?  He was paid 10M this season and wants a long term deal for more than that.

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2024, 01:32 AM)casear2727 Wrote: How is Barkley realistic?  He was paid 10M this season and wants a long term deal for more than that.

I fully expect the RB pairing to be Mixon/Brown for '24. They would have cut Mixon last year if they planned to move on from him. Thus, no Barkley to the Bengals.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Boldest move yet: "Just do better" in the immortal words of coaches everywhere after losses..  ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2024, 10:31 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I fully expect the RB pairing to be Mixon/Brown for '24. They would have cut Mixon last year if they planned to move on from him. Thus, no Barkley to the Bengals.

I wish it was brown/mixon!
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2024, 04:58 PM)depthchart Wrote: A few years back, The Rams went all in and Won a Super Bowl then had to sort of start from scratch to a degree (so to speak) with a rebuild.

I think the Bengals are in a Super Bowl Window.

If they stay in this somewhat "safe", Draft and develop with not so BOLD off seasons mindset, how long do you see the "Window" staying open ?

It may stay open longer this way while never getting it done with a Super Bowl Win like the Rams did.

Not saying 2024 has to be the Year to go all out BOLD but they may have to at some point before the Window closes.

As long as Burrow & Chase & Hendrickson  are here, the window is open. I think Reader & Higgins are foundational pieces, too. OBJ as well.

Some of the other higher priced vets will get rotated out, some extended (Jonah, Boyd, Chido, Mixon, Hilton, BJ Hill, Hubbard, Cappa, Karras, Wilson, Pratt.). 

The only young guys who are established as core pieces are Battle & CTB. Volson is close. Next year will go a long way on Dax, Turner, Murphy, C. Brown, Iosivas, C. Jones, and Ivey/Anderson. 
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2024, 02:40 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: As long as Burrow & Chase & Hendrickson  are here, the window is open. I think Reader & Higgins are foundational pieces, too. OBJ as well.

Some of the other higher priced vets will get rotated out, some extended (Jonah, Boyd, Chido, Mixon, Hilton, BJ Hill, Hubbard, Cappa, Karras, Wilson, Pratt.). 

The only young guys who are established as core pieces are Battle & CTB. Volson is close. Next year will go a long way on Dax, Turner, Murphy, C. Brown, Iosivas, C. Jones, and Ivey/Anderson. 

I think the drafts have been slightly above average.. They haven’t missed on many but none have forged themselves as rising stars. They need some Puka Nacua breakouts. I’m not bagging on any of them.Again I’m not giving up or dogging several but hopeful they become stars. Dax Hill I love but he’s now a third year first rounder. Kyle Hamilton was drafted the same year and was first team All Pro safety. Myles Murphy is similar. You can blame the defense for taking a step back. You can blame the season on Joe’s health. But the OL though fully healthy can’t run block. They could have stepped up and made a big difference when Joe was hobbled the first few games and then for Jake. Big downer. Baltimore fixed their issues and got much better. They went out and got Roquain Smith.Their recent drafts have resulted in key starters. Zay Flowers, Kyle Hamilton, Tyler Lindenbaum and fired their OC and hired Todd Monken. Their team’s success isn’t just tied to Lamar’s health.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2024, 03:12 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I think the drafts have been slightly above average.. They haven’t missed on many but none have forged themselves as rising stars. They need some Puka Nacua breakouts.  I’m not bagging on any of them.Again I’m not giving up or dogging several but hopeful they become stars. Dax Hill I love but he’s now  a third year first rounder. Kyle Hamilton was drafted the same year and was first team All Pro safety. Myles Murphy is similar. You can blame the defense for taking a step back. You can blame the season on Joe’s health. But the OL though fully healthy can’t run block. They could have stepped up and made a big difference when Joe was hobbled the first few games and then for Jake. Big downer. Baltimore fixed their issues and got much better. They went out and got Roquain Smith.Their  recent drafts have resulted in key starters. Zay Flowers, Kyle Hamilton, Tyler Lindenbaum and fired their OC and hired Todd Monken. Their team’s success isn’t just tied to Lamar’s health.

And while BAL has been making all those moves, it's been the Bengals who have been far more successful in the playoffs these past few years.
Maybe if BAL actually gets to the AFCCG this year, it might kick the Bengals FO into gear this Spring to go bigger.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2024, 06:28 PM)ochocincos Wrote: And while BAL has been making all those moves, it's been the Bengals who have been far more successful in the playoffs these past few years.
Maybe if BAL actually gets to the AFCCG this year, it might kick the Bengals FO into gear this Spring to go bigger.

I agree but they’ve hit in free agency, the draft,and new OC. They are improved
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Move to the NFC.

(Don't know if said already)
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
Old man Flacco is carving up the Texans with TEs and then the Texans get a huge TD with their TE. We really can't let the 2023 TE situation ever happen again.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Trade Burrow for CJ Stroud
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2024, 07:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Trade Burrow for CJ Stroud

Better than your trade Burrow for Watson take at least. Tongue

Reply/Quote
Bad overthrow by Stroud there though.

Reply/Quote
Schultz looking like the 4th best TE in this game.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2024, 07:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Better than your trade Burrow for Watson take at least. Tongue

Hey who knew ol' rub and tug was a freak
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2024, 07:39 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Schultz looking like the 4th best TE in this game.

Big TD there though.

Reply/Quote
Texans this year’s 2021 Bengals.

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2024, 08:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Texans this year’s 2021 Bengals.

They looked great in this game tonight. They could go all the way if they keep playing like that. Stroud is the real deal.

Still hoping for a Bills/Lions Super Bowl though.
Reply/Quote