Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Ideas for a BOLD move that could set the Bengals up for Greater Success ?
(01-05-2024, 09:51 PM)depthchart Wrote: That would be BOLD.  It is looking like he may become available and I could see him wanting to have a QB like Burrow.

One thing is; if Belichik Won a Super Bowl with Burrow would people then say that he was only able to Win a Super Bowl because 

he had Brady & Burrow ?

If he could stay in New England and Draft a QB then Win a Super Bowl it may be better for his reputation to do it that way -or-

go to a Team with a good but not Great QB and Win another Super Bowl to then get more Credit for doing it without Brady ?

Phil Jackson won with MJ/Pippen and Kobe/Shaq. Any good coach needs good players to win! Who gonna win with macaroni jones? Browns are different because they have a #1 D, they are fielding anyone at QB/RB and winning.

What if Zac just isn't good enough to get them over the hump and win a SB?

It would be at least Belichick's final chance to say he can win without Brady, where else would he go that had such a good chance? Burrow is probably better under Belichick than Zac the friendly man who has play calling issues. Are we thinking Zac's friendly nature is better than what Belichick offers? No clue. We were close to winning a bowl with Zac, though.

I would think Belichick just wants to win at this point, if he could leave in one shot and immediately win a ring (like Tom did somehow with Tampa Bay that in no way shows the NFL is possibly rigged), it would be a good story lol.
Reply/Quote
Great thread idea. I'm definitely a bit of a riverboat gambler and welcome risk like nobody's business lol

I'd look to move Tee + picks for JJ. Terrace Marshall Jr and CEH might well have played the last games for CAR and KC, respectively, so we can sign them to replace Boyd and.... a player to be named (I like Mixon). If Callahan gets a top gig, elevate Joe Brady to be our full-time OC (which includes play-caller and Zac'll have to take a back seat there).

= Historic reunion of one of the top offenses in NCAA history and most compelling story in the league overnight
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2024, 04:58 PM)tms Wrote: Great thread idea. I'm definitely a bit of a riverboat gambler and welcome risk like nobody's business lol

I'd look to move Tee + picks for JJ. Terrace Marshall Jr and CEH might well have played the last games for CAR and KC, respectively, so we can sign them to replace Boyd and.... a player to be named (I like Mixon). If Callahan gets a top gig, elevate Joe Brady to be our full-time OC (which includes play-caller and Zac'll have to take a back seat there).

= Historic reunion of one of the top offenses in NCAA history and most compelling story in the league overnight

Who would take Callahan? Big Grin

That's the problem with 6 heads calling plays, nobody has to take responsibility for the 10 screen passes to Chase for 1-3 yards, Mixon trying to run outside which works 15% of the time, and Boyd throwing a screen pass INT in their own redzone when the backup QB is on fire
Reply/Quote
An under the radar move I’d like is signing S Mike Edwards of the Chiefs he’s pretty good and he went to Winton Woods
Reply/Quote
Put Tee's money elsewhere. Tee gets injured too often. Use it to pad out the roster or make a big splash or 2 in free agency

thats not bold though

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2024, 10:39 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Put Tee's money elsewhere. Tee gets injured too often. Use it to pad out the roster or make a big splash or 2 in free agency

thats not bold though

If they could get Odunze in the first round and have Tee’s money I’m all for it. Get a DT in FA. Get a RB or TE in the second round and RT in FA
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2024, 04:58 PM)tms Wrote: Great thread idea. I'm definitely a bit of a riverboat gambler and welcome risk like nobody's business lol

I am an "all options stay on the table until the last minute" type of person. Keep creatively thinking. Then (like you) don't be afraid to gamble at times.

For example, I think the Trade Up is dismissed by many people way too quickly.

The "keep every pick to fill every hole" mindset seems safe and smart to most but I just see that as one of the options to keep thinking about.

A Team may end up Drafting a whole lot of "average" to keep plugging in those holes when they could have packaged in a pick or two to move

up and make sure they get a more Bona Fide player to flat out make one hole into a strength.

In the 2023 Draft the Steelers packaged pick #17 overall and a 4th round pick to go up to pick #14 to take OT Broderick Jones

They didn't stay put and wait and hope, They made it happen. Many fans and posters would value that 4th round pick so highly that they would claim

that a hole would have surely been fixed by it had it not been traded away or that it must be used to add depth to the Roster. Likely average depth. 

The Bengals could be in a position this coming Draft at say pick #18 where adding in a 3rd round pick could get them up to say pick #12 

to target say a Bona fide Offensive Tackle prospect that could flat out solve a problem. I simply would not fear doing it.

*With this said I likely Trade down more often than up but I would be one unpredictable Drafter because I would always be looking to 

move to the players I wanted  (Up/down/stay put). 

You only get to Draft one time each year so make sure you get some Quality.

You still have undrafted College Free Agents, unsigned Free Agents, Roster cut downs, Practice Squads and other ways to get 

that coveted "average" to round out Roster Depth with.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 02:22 AM)depthchart Wrote: up and make sure they get a more Bona Fide player to flat out make one hole into a strength.

[Image: e48f428b-2ab9-48b8-8ecf-fffc333749e1_text.gif]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 02:29 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: [Image: e48f428b-2ab9-48b8-8ecf-fffc333749e1_text.gif]

But Vernon couldn't sing 'I Am a Man of Constant Sorrow' like George Clooney could...
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 12:15 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: If they could get Odunze in the first round and have Tee’s money I’m all for it. Get a DT in FA. Get a RB or TE in the second round and RT in FA

Odunze does look good.

To me, Trading Tee needs to coincide with getting a very good replacement for him at the receiver position.

Then use that Money elsewhere like O-line for example.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 02:52 AM)depthchart Wrote: Odunze does look good.

To me, Trading Tee needs to coincide with getting a very good replacement for him at the receiver position.

Then use that Money elsewhere like O-line for example.

Because of Tee’s salary not convinced we get much in a trade.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 09:56 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Because of Tee’s salary not convinced we get much in a trade.

The current WR tag number is only $20M.   Tee only having 1 yr on his contract and his hammy issues would seem to be bigger issues, and some may be a little concerned with his lack of athleticism as a WR1, Diggs has pulled it off all these years so that may not be an issue.

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 10:51 AM)casear2727 Wrote: The current WR tag number is only $20M.   Tee only having 1 yr on his contract and his hammy issues would seem to be bigger issues, and some may be a little concerned with his lack of athleticism as a WR1, Diggs has pulled it off all these years so that may not be an issue.

I would have predicted he’d stay but not so sure now. Picking around 16 we can get a WR. It would sure help the salary cap.

Reply/Quote
I think you got a better chance doing a Tee deal with Aaron Donald.

But that was under the assumption the Rams would suck ass. They are actually still good and are in the playoffs this year.

I think a more realistic “crazy” deal would be getting Saquon Barkley. He’d open this offense all the way up.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 01:22 PM)Housh Wrote: I think you got a better chance doing a Tee deal with Aaron Donald.

But that was under the assumption the Rams would suck ass. They are actually still good and are in the playoffs this year.

I think a more realistic “crazy” deal would be getting Saquon Barkley. He’d open this offense all the way up.

I doubt we ever pay a RB big money for a long time.

Reply/Quote
We NEED at least 2 great WRs to pair with Chase

I don’t even want to see the defenses Chase is gonna see with no good pass catching TE, no Boyd and no Tee. Teams were doubling and bracketing Chase even WITH Tee, Boyd and Hurst/Uzomah. I’d imagine they’d flat out just line up 2 guys across from Chase if we don’t have another good pass catching option
-Housh
Reply/Quote
I'd like to see them try and make a move for Kyle Pitts. I think a 3rd and 5th would get it done. That's if Atlanta has any interest in trading him. If he isn't available, I think the 2nd option should be Bowers. Even if we have to trade up 3 or 4 spots. My prediction is the Bengals will sign Mike Gesicki to a 1yr prove it deal.

Personally, I want the Bengals to resign Reader, but that's because he is one of my favorite players. I want the Bengals to try to get Clowney on his next 1yr deal. Worst case maybe Carl Lawson on a 1 year prove it deal.

As far as trading up to #3 to get MHjr, I think it would cost a minimum of this years 1st/2nd and next years 1st/2nd. Most likely, it would cost 3x 1st.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 01:24 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I doubt we ever pay a RB big money for a long time.

Sure hope not 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Call Atlanta about Pitts.
Reply/Quote
Saquon Barkley is realistic

He should be our main target after offensive lineman
-Housh
Reply/Quote