Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Takers?
The upside is you have a net gain of one roster spot with a trade like this. You get rid of Hunt, plus Patterson becomes the #4 or 5 WR and can handle return duties. You can also let Tate go, freeing up another roster spot for someone like Deshawn Williams.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 12:07 AM)Beaker Wrote: Margus Hunt for Cordarelle Patterson:

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2015/9/3/9256385/bengals-trade-idea-margus-hunt-vikings-cordarrelle-patterson?ref=yfp

Given that Patterson's receiving and returning stats are both higher than Tate's, the trade could be produce an upgrade, if Patterson will fit into the locker room.

That might be a big if.

Marvin said in his news conference last night that Tate is going to be a player on this team this year. It's not surprising since we didn't really try to find him any competition.

Even though he started at WR for a few games last year Tate's receiving stats blew chunks and I guess Marvin Lewis is happy with Tate just being a return guy who shares time with Adam Jones. Kind of a wasted roster spot if you ask me.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
CP isn't very good and Minnesota would still lose this trade.

They don't need a DE, especially not him.
Reply/Quote
I'm in the minority, but I like Hunt. If it meant getting Tate off this team though, I'd be willing to do it.
Reply/Quote
I was thinking about this trade a few weeks ago--except not for Hunt, but for one of our DTs. I'm probably in the minority of people that haven't given up on Hunt yet. I want to see what he does this year for us. But we do have too many defensive tackles to keep on our roster.

That being said, yes CP is an upgrade in the return game and YAC game to Tate. However, what concerns me is he isn't a team player. Marv is trying to build using team players, so I don't think he fits. Also, he's a poor route runner, and doesn't seem too coach-able. Tate is a very good locker room/team guy, and is very coach-able. I think we keep Tate. I don't think this is a trade we pursue, and it's not really one I want to pursue for the above reasons.

That being said, I really would like us to look for a wide-out for DT trade.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 12:58 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Throw in Tate with him. Essentially Patterson would play the role that Tate plays now.

I would like to say that I knew this kid would be a bust. He is dumber than a rock. He is built like a stallion though.... He is made to return kicks and return kicks only, I wouldn't even think about him lining up as a legitamite receiver... as I said, just too dumb.

Yeah, i am not a Tater hater but i agree with everything you say here and completely agree about Patterson.

Dude is dumb as a rock but he could be a great returner, something Tate will never be.

I like Alford for the future but he will probably not dress right away.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 12:05 PM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: I was thinking about this trade a few weeks ago--except not for Hunt, but for one of our DTs. I'm probably in the minority of people that haven't given up on Hunt yet. I want to see what he does this year for us. But we do have too many defensive tackles to keep on our roster.

That being said, yes CP is an upgrade in the return game and YAC game to Tate. However, what concerns me is he isn't a team player. Marv is trying to build using team players, so I don't think he fits. Also, he's a poor route runner, and doesn't seem too coach-able. Tate is a very good locker room/team guy, and is very coach-able. I think we keep Tate. I don't think this is a trade we pursue, and it's not really one I want to pursue for the above reasons.

That being said, I really would like us to look for a wide-out for DT trade.

Zim loves Peko...
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 12:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Zim loves Peko...

Or so how he had no choice but say.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 12:25 PM)McC Wrote: Or so how he had no choice but say.

Must of been something like that, Zim is too smart to really believe Peko is the best NT he ever coached.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 12:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Zim loves Peko...

CP is better than Tate in the returner role, but Tate is still a top 10 returner. CP's just not our type of player in terms of coach-ability and having a team-first attitude.

I'd rather keep Tate and hope someone in house (Alford?) develops into a more dynamic returner, while learning how to be reliable like Tate is.

If we make a trade I'd rather it be for a receiver that can replace Little's roster spot.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 12:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Must of been something like that, Zim is too smart to really believe Peko is the best NT he ever coached.

I never really bought that talk.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 12:28 PM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: CP is better than Tate in the returner role, but Tate is still a top 10 returner. CP's just not our type of player in terms of coach-ability and having a team-first attitude.

I'd rather keep Tate and hope someone in house (Alford?) develops into a more dynamic returner, while learning how to be reliable like Tate is.

If we make a trade I'd rather it be for a receiver that can replace Little's roster spot.

Yeah, i think Alford is our guy down the road anyway.

I think Little locked up a spot Thursday, i doubt we trade to replace him now. Who knows?
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 12:30 PM)McC Wrote: I never really bought that talk.

Same here, Fredtoast sure as hell did...
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 12:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, i think Alford is our guy down the road anyway.

I think Little locked up a spot Thursday, i doubt we trade to replace him now. Who knows?

Alford is Hawkins without the lateral moves. I miss Hawkins.
Reply/Quote