Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Word on the 50th Anniversary Plans?
Being as though I follow this team less and less, I'm really out of the loop on the day to day, run of the mill news. I figured some of you fine fanatics could being me up to speed?

What's the word on the 50th anniversary stuff? They alluded to it a number of times last offseason. Mike even publicly said something was in the works. I think many of us assumed it would resemble some sort of Hall of Fame or tangible celebration of our history.

Have they said anything recently? Any rumors about what it is and when it will go down? I figure as we get closer and closer to the season something has to leak, right? You can't hide construction, and it would make sense to make an announcement in advance of opening.
Reply/Quote
I heard on the radio that the popcorn boxes will have something printed on them, but still full price.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
hot dogs made 50 years ago are going to be brought out and sold during games.....at today's prices of course.  Just pour some Cin City chili over the top of them and you'll never know they are 50 year old hot dogs. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Apparently we're getting a special 50th anniversary logo. It's supposed to be unveiled today I think.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
There will be a cake and punch reception directly following the first home game. For the bargain price of only $100, each "guest" will be given a 2x2 inch piece of cake and one four ounce glass of Hawaiian Punch along with a "commemorative" 50th anniversary napkin.
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown is going all out for this celebration. He has agreed to give each fan a Frisch's schedule and a box to x for a win or loss. Unfortunately, they misprinted them without a win box. He said send them out anyway because they are still good.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
50% off stale Hudepohl. Ninja

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-20-2017, 03:22 PM)Wyche Wrote: 50% off stale Hudepohl. Ninja

Whoa, whoa, whoa... don't be going crazy... that is buy one at full price and get the second, significantly smaller, beer for half price Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2017, 03:32 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Whoa, whoa, whoa... don't be going crazy... that is buy one at full price and get the second, significantly smaller, beer for half price Hilarious

That's not it either. It's buy one at regular price and receive a second of equal value for full price.

They've got upcoming comp picks to sign you know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Some creative genius made this logo for the occasion Hilarious

[Image: 13668271_G.jpg]
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2017, 03:54 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Some creative genius made this logo for the occasion  Hilarious

Give the marketing department some credit... after all, they are working with "Paint" from Microsoft Office 97
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2017, 03:54 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Some creative genius made this logo for the occasion  Hilarious

Damn, the 40th anniversary logo was a better design than this.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Here are some plans for the 50th Anniversary.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2017/04/20/cincinnati-bengals-to-honor-former-players-50th-season/100699646/

Quote:To commemorate its 50th season of professional football, Cincinnati Bengals are going to break from a long-standing stance and honor former players in Paul Brown Stadium throughout the year.

No formal team Hall of Fame or ring of honor will be created, but the players will be recognized during halftime of each regular-season home games.

Like it did for its 40th anniversary, the club will hold a vote through its website for fans to select the organization's top 50 players. This season, however, selected media will also vote on the players to make the top 50. The vote will run from April 20 through June 15. The final list will be revealed before the start of the season.

The players selected will be the top 50 vote-getters, rather than by position.

Other alumni who were not part of the top 50 also be recognized during the season.

Season-ticket holders will also be recognized by forming the "tunnel" through which players will run out onto the field.
The club also have a new logo will be on display in the stadium, on the playing field and with a patch worn by the players
There are no plans for the club to wear "throwback" uniforms during the season.

The Bengals began play in 1968 as a member of the American Football League and merged into the National Football League in 1970.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2017, 04:12 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Here are some plans for the 50th Anniversary.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2017/04/20/cincinnati-bengals-to-honor-former-players-50th-season/100699646/

So nothing that costs anything or took any real effort to think of?
Reply/Quote
Promising:

https://twitter.com/FOX19Jeremy/status/855133262787862528
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2017, 04:15 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: So nothing that costs anything or took any real effort to think of?

[video=youtube]http://[/video]

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-20-2017, 04:12 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Here are some plans for the 50th Anniversary.

Why are they SO against the ring of honor/team hall of fame thing? I just dont understand it. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2017, 04:40 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Why are they SO against the ring of honor/team hall of fame thing? I just dont understand it. 

Our owner is stupid.
Reply/Quote
I hear they're going to be giving out the little dixie cups full of watered down kool-aid, so we'll keep drinking it. The green stuff he got a deal on it. And the little airplane bags of peanuts.

Mike says "it's on me" to his loyal fans.
Reply/Quote
[Image: IMG_7007.jpg]

[Image: IMG_7008.jpg]

Looks nice
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote