Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Word on the 50th Anniversary Plans?
(04-21-2017, 04:24 PM)Au165 Wrote: We are painting our commemorative logo on the field, If a laser light show is the missing piece then I guess that at least is something for you to complain about. How do you feel about the Dolphins picking the top 50 then promoting them at halftime? sure seems a lot like what the Bengals are doing.

The hall of fame thing once again means nothing. We have not been successful, the Dolphins have they have something to enshrine. People claim Mike doesn't care about winning, yet he doesn't want to recognize mediocrity with a ring of honor that honors just that. If he did a ring of honor people would say it's a publicity stunt honoring mediocrity to sell tickets.

In the end it's all minor preferences that people get bent out of shape over. What it really is, is an opportunity to take pop shots. No matter what they did they would claim it was wrong. In the end there are plenty of real reasons to be mad at Mike Brown this really just isn't one.

The biggest 2 things are not having a team HOF or wearing retro uni's. Not the laser light show, but I can see why you focused in on that.

This team has players and teams to celebrate. A pair of AFC champions in the 80's. Players like Munoz, Kenny, Boomer, Collinsworth, Riley, Ickey, Brooks, Dillon, Chad, TJ, etc etc. Just because the team was shite in the 90's doesn't mean there hasn't been "success" in the past. There was plenty of that in the pre-Mike days. 

You are twisting and contorting quite a bit to suggest that Mike doesn't have a team HOF because he "doesn't want to recognize mediocrity" when he's on record stating that people just "don't recognize these old players". You're twisting even more to suggest people would whine about it if he did build one. That's no different than people saying "haters" would complain if the Bengals won a championship. How about we actually get to that point and see what actually happens. Until then, you're just making up stuff to discredit my take.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2017, 04:39 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The biggest 2 things are not having a team HOF or wearing retro uni's. Not the laser light show, but I can see why you focused in on that.

This team has players and teams to celebrate. A pair of AFC champions in the 80's. Players like Munoz, Kenny, Boomer, Collinsworth, Riley, Ickey, Brooks, Dillon, Chad, TJ, etc etc. Just because the team was shite in the 90's doesn't mean there hasn't been "success" in the past. There was plenty of that in the pre-Mike days. 

You are twisting and contorting quite a bit to suggest that Mike doesn't have a team HOF because he "doesn't want to recognize mediocrity" when he's on record stating that people just "don't recognize these old players". You're twisting even more to suggest people would whine about it if he did build one. That's no different than people saying "haters" would complain if the Bengals won a championship. How about we actually get to that point and see what actually happens. Until then, you're just making up stuff to discredit my take.

For real, I mean BILL WALSH was a part of this organization in the early days.  There have been PLENTY of good players worthy of recognition.  UK has/had a ring of honor.....not exactly the bastion of NCAAF success.

Really, this isn't too much to ask from a guy that fleeced the taxpayers for a stadium deal, put out a shitty product for the better part of a quarter century, has NEVER won a playoff game, and the last PO win.....George HW Bush was in office.  

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2017, 04:39 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The biggest 2 things are not having a team HOF or wearing retro uni's. Not the laser light show, but I can see why you focused in on that.

Your avatar basically shows your feelings about the guy, if that wasn't enough you have made it clear over the years. You hate the guy, it's okay. I don't get what's with the fake outrage though. You acted as if the 50 players thing was a joke, yet every team does it. You say the logo is bad, but the logo you call fantastic is a generic "shield" with a number and a logo on it. You say I twist things, but you were waiting in the wings to see what they did so you could tee off.
Reply/Quote
Some of the responses on PFT are pretty dang funny:

That’s great. Im glad they were able to incorporate all of their Super Bowl trophies into the logo

I see they commissioned an intern to design the logo.
Creative.

I gave up a long time ago…the Brown family wants to do “good enough” to keep fans coming back and get all those yummy revenue shares from teams like the Pats and others, that spend, to win.

Why would you celebrate if you’re the Bengals?

I’m waiting for a statue outside Paul Brown stadium of Mike Brown polishing pennies.

It’s like celebrating the anniversary of the launch of the Titanic.

I wonder if they’re going to sell a video like they did on the 40th anniversary, the one advertised on the radio as being “highlights of the legendary history of the Cincinnati Bengals”. The first time I heard that one, I almost had an accident while laughing at the description of the team’s history as “legendary”. The Bengals’ history is as legendary as the first 39 years of the Steelers, the last 50 of the Lions, the first 40 of the Saints, the reborn Browns, etc. There are kids graduating from grad school who weren’t even born the last time the Mighty Bengals won a playoff game.

Let’s see, who in the AFC hasn’t beaten the Bagels in the playoffs in the last 25 years?

The logo should just be a big “L”.
Such is life as a Bengals fan...
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2017, 03:59 PM)Au165 Wrote: [Image: 6c1227a336ff22aaee9d07546d1e9476.jpg][Image: Falcons-patch.jpg][Image: Jacksonville-Jaguars-20th-Anniversary-Pa...-91015.jpg]

Apparently that child must be doing the patches for all the teams in the NFL since they all basically look the same. Seriously, at this point nothing they did would have made people happy. 

Yep.  That is how it works around here.  Bengals do exactly the same thing every other team does on their 50th season, but fans here go into a squaling and crying fit.

A lot of people here just really love to ***** and moan.  If you notice some people here put more effort into finidng clever ways to insult the Bengals than they do discussing anything football related. Their "Bengal Fan Victim Card" is their proudest possession, so don't try to mess with it. Displaying a positive atmosphere around here will get you attacked.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2017, 03:10 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: So the big 50th anniversary plans are...

1. Letting fans vote for 50 top players on the team site. Costs the Bengals nothing and is about as fun as watching paint dry and grass grow at the same time.
2. Finally paying some attention to former greats, which is a baby step in the right direction. Hopefully these players don't have to pay for their own flights.
3. Some amateur looking oversized uniform patch.
4. Picking a small handful of season ticket holders to be on the field for ceremonies. The only fans they pretend to care about...simply because they offer the most money.
5. Mike Brown suggesting that "someday" someone "may" feel differently than him about a player HOF. I guess he's about as "keen" on that as he is a practice facility.

...and that's pretty much it. This is sooo Mike Brown. No thought, money or effort put in, but that won't stop someone from defending crap. I'm surprised no one has jumped in the thread yet to tell us all how grateful we should be.

The biggest part of the "celebration" seems to be honoring some players at half time and allowing certain season ticket holders to take part in on field activities.  The great irony here is that many teams do both on a regular basis... so basically the big plans are to do a few things that everyone else already does Ninja
Reply/Quote
You guys would just ***** about whatever Mike would choose to do.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2017, 09:29 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Yep.  That is how it works around here.  Bengals do exactly the same thing every other team does on their 50th season, but fans here go into a squaling and crying fit.

A lot of people here just really love to ***** and moan.  If you notice some people here put more effort into finidng clever ways to insult the Bengals than they do discussing anything football related. Their "Bengal Fan Victim Card" is their proudest possession, so don't try to mess with it. Displaying a positive atmosphere around here will get you attacked.

On March 10, 2017 I made a thread in our staff section on our board here. I submitted logos to commemorate the 50th anniversary. Once I did, I was generally excited, because I have (in the past) submitted designs, and different thing to the organization before. After about 3 weeks of not hearing back, resent an email just to make sure they had received the email, my contact, in which does the design now responded back to me and said that they had the 50th celebration designs in the works. 

Thursday it was released, and I felt like it was not exactly up to par with my expectations, or generally what I had in mind...but, that's me. Reading through most of the comments here, I was smirking, and feeling a lot better that I wasn't the only one...even the responses we had in the staff section post. I am going to share what I set to them, and you know, it's cool if you guys aren't into it, but it is just one of those things that I felt like we as fans deserved something more. So, here is what I sent them:

Here is the one we all know and accepted:

[Image: 294a9c2a4a1ba1718de4dafaacf97f98x650.gif]

Here is a new version I 'enhanced'...:
[Image: 2017bengalslogocolorfinalWWX650.png]

I made this as well...'enhancing' the 50th anniversary:
[Image: 2017bengalslogo50thADD650W.png]

I even made a wallpaper for me to stare at...:
[Image: BENGALS50THWALLPAPER.png]
...and since then, I made a wallpaper with the 2017 schedule:
[Image: BENGALS50THWALLPAPERFINALWALLPAPER.png]

'holic, and the staff were kicking around the idea of having BengalsBoards t-shirts made up so we can support the board with our own brand for Bengals... 
Exclusive here members! 

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
Reply/Quote
Thumbs Up 
^^ dude that logo you made is freakin awesome!!!!!!
Such is life as a Bengals fan...
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2017, 11:34 PM)CINwillWIN Wrote: On March 10, 2017 I made a thread in our staff section on our board here. I submitted logos to commemorate the 50th anniversary. Once I did, I was generally excited, because I have (in the past) submitted designs, and different thing to the organization before. After about 3 weeks of not hearing back, resent an email just to make sure they had received the email, my contact, in which does the design now responded back to me and said that they had the 50th celebration designs in the works. 

Thursday it was released, and I felt like it was not exactly up to par with my expectations, or generally what I had in mind...but, that's me. Reading through most of the comments here, I was smirking, and feeling a lot better that I wasn't the only one...even the responses we had in the staff section post. I am going to share what I set to them, and you know, it's cool if you guys aren't into it, but it is just one of those things that I felt like we as fans deserved something more. So, here is what I sent them:

'holic, and the staff were kicking around the idea of having BengalsBoards t-shirts made up so we can support the board with our own brand for Bengals... 
Exclusive here members! 

Nice!!!
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2017, 03:22 PM)Wyche Wrote: 50% off stale Hudepohl. Ninja

Speaking of which - I know I'll show my age a little here, but does anybody remember the ginormous beers we used to get at the Reds and Bengals games. Affectionately know as the "tub" 32oz or so I believe.  We didn't have to worry about the 7th inning or 4th quarter rule then, if you had two or three of those you were so damn bloated there wasn't any room left for more!  Ah the good ole days!
Reply/Quote
A poster comes up with a much better logo and Mike Brown stays with the one his staff created. No wonder the Bengals have problems.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2017, 11:34 PM)CINwillWIN Wrote: On March 10, 2017 I made a thread in our staff section on our board here. I submitted logos to commemorate the 50th anniversary. Once I did, I was generally excited, because I have (in the past) submitted designs, and different thing to the organization before. After about 3 weeks of not hearing back, resent an email just to make sure they had received the email, my contact, in which does the design now responded back to me and said that they had the 50th celebration designs in the works. 

Exclusive here members! 

Sign me up for a 2XL!
Reply/Quote
Interesting...

CINCINNATI (AP) — The Cincinnati Bengals have announced a new ticket program to commemorate their 50th anniversary. Beginning with the home opener, and running throughout the regular season, the team will offer a .50 cent coupon voucher good throughout Paul Brown stadium, with each paid ticket.

"We wanted to do something nice for our fans", said Mike Brown, the team's owner and defacto GM. "This is something I've been working on for quite some time. I was a bit reluctant to the idea at first but others around here have opened up my eyes a little."

The vouchers can be used at any food stand, or the team's gift shop. Only one coupon can be used at a time.

When pressed for his thoughts on the exciting news that had the offices buzzing,  Marvin Lewis chuckled. "You know, you guys are the ones who are into this stuff. 50 cents, 75 cents, thank you's, and celebrations, are not something I concern myself with. I've got a job to do, and that's lose playoff games. We'll keep digging and if you buy a popcorn or soda at a discount, well so be it."

Adam Jones added: "Man, you need to get out of my face with this coupon talk. I'll stab you in the throat you stupid *****. **** yo 50 cents!!!"

AJ Green offered a different take: "I feel so bad for them (the fans). 50 cents, that's it? I feel bad for everyone, but mostly myself.  I hate my life. What did I do to deserve this? Do you know how cold our practices are?"

The Bengals begin season at home, Sept. 10th, against the Baltimore Ravens. There are poised to extend their NFL leading playoff win drought to 28 years, and encourage fans to "catch the fever".  (Note: The fever is pain and suffering.). Tickets can be ordered on the team's website or by calling 513-684-TDTD.

___

Associated Press writer Art Vandelay in New York contributed to this report.

___
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2017, 02:02 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Interesting...

CINCINNATI (AP) — The Cincinnati Bengals have announced a new ticket program to commemorate their 50th anniversary. Beginning with the home opener, and running throughout the regular season, the team will offer a .50 cent coupon voucher good throughout Paul Brown stadium, with each paid ticket.

"We wanted to do something nice for our fans", said Mike Brown, the team's owner and defacto GM. "This is something I've been working on for quite some time. I was a bit reluctant to the idea at first but others around here have opened up my eyes a little."

The vouchers can be used at any food stand, or the team's gift shop. Only one coupon can be used at a time.

When pressed for his thoughts on the exciting news that had the offices buzzing,  Marvin Lewis chuckled. "You know, you guys are the ones who are into this stuff. 50 cents, 75 cents, thank you's, and celebrations, are not something I concern myself with. I've got a job to do, and that's lose playoff games. We'll keep digging and if you buy a popcorn or soda at a discount, well so be it."

Adam Jones added: "Man, you need to get out of my face with this coupon talk. I'll stab you in the throat you stupid *****. **** yo 50 cents!!!"

AJ Green offered a different take: "I feel so bad for them (the fans). 50 cents, that's it? I feel bad for everyone, but mostly myself.  I hate my life. What did I do to deserve this? Do you know how cold our practices are?"

The Bengals begin season at home, Sept. 10th, against the Baltimore Ravens. There are poised to extend their NFL leading playoff win drought to 28 years, and encourage fans to "catch the fever".  (Note: The fever is pain and suffering.). Tickets can be ordered on the team's website or by calling 513-684-TDTD.

___

___

Usually I think your posts are over the top negatively, but this one was gold for me.  :andy: Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2017, 01:50 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: A poster comes up with a much better logo and Mike Brown stays with the one his staff created. No wonder the Bengals have problems.

You're right our logo is why we have problems and with all due respect to the maker of the other logo the original is better imo.

Bengals fans celebrating the franchises 50th with a timeless classic.

Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2017, 09:29 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Yep.  That is how it works around here.  Bengals do exactly the same thing every other team does on their 50th season, but fans here go into a squaling and crying fit.

I think based upon the comments made last year and the fact that many fans have clamored for a Hall of Fame, most were hoping for a permanent gesture. 

Perhaps not a Hall of Fame, but something that could be enjoyed for years to come, and would continue to celebrate our history. Could be as advanced as a free standing new construction building or a dedicated wing of the stadium. Could be as simple as some murals and displays.

This comes across to some as lacking in effort, and it continues to ignore a large number of fans wishes. If we were indeed like most teams then we would go to greater lengths to appease our fans. You can disagree with all you like, but it doesn't make it any less true.

This is another failed opportunity. Period.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2017, 04:58 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: If we were indeed like most teams then we would go to greater lengths to appease our fans. You can disagree with all you like, but it doesn't make it any less true.

Sorry, but I just don't see it.

Lot's of other teams have had a fifty year anniversary and I can not think of one thing any team has done for its fans to celebrate.

What have you heard of other teams doing?

Waits while Wes frantically fires up google.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2017, 09:29 AM)fredtoast Wrote:  If you notice some people here put more effort into finidng clever ways to insult the Bengals than they do discussing anything football related. Their "Bengal Fan Victim Card" is their proudest possession, so don't try to mess with it.

(04-24-2017, 02:02 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Interesting...

___

___

Maybe we should start a separate forum for these type of guys where they could all tell each other how great they are and it would not clog up the boards for people who actually want to discuss football. 
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2017, 04:58 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I think based upon the comments made last year and the fact that many fans have clamored for a Hall of Fame, most were hoping for a permanent gesture. 

Perhaps not a Hall of Fame, but something that could be enjoyed for years to come, and would continue to celebrate our history. Could be as advanced as a free standing new construction building or a dedicated wing of the stadium. Could be as simple as some murals and displays.

This comes across to some as lacking in effort, and it continues to ignore a large number of fans wishes. If we were indeed like most teams then we would go to greater lengths to appease our fans. You can disagree with all you like, but it doesn't make it any less true.

This is another failed opportunity. Period.

For me, it's not even so much about wanting a team HOF as it is wanting to see Mike Brown change and embrace a team culture where they're proud of their past. It's also showing goodwill towards fans. I'm sure current players would take notice. It's still a big honor to be in a team HOF. Only good can come out of it, so I'm not sure why some are so adamantly against it. It seems some posters are bigger fans of the people in the front office than the team itself. I couldn't care less and want whatever is best for whatever guys are wearing stripes and representing Cincinnati.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote