Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any chance Urban Meyer coaches the Bengals?
He's just announced retirement from Ohio State following their bowl game.
I know he has health issues, but I thought someone said he'd be willing to coach an Ohio NFL team, to stay close to home.
Reply/Quote
Nope, they said he is retiring from coaching as a whole. I think his health is worse than we know.
Reply/Quote
Not a popular opinion in Ohio, but I can't stand the guy. So no. I wouldn't want him as the Bengals HC.
Reply/Quote
He would have more than health issues if he coached here .... certainly wouldn't be in his best interests.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't rule it out. The Bengals could use a shot of enthauism in its fanbase and more native fans, and Urban Meyer would provide both.

But as others said, I think his health is worse than people think. I don't think Meyer would be up to the job.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 10:51 AM)wildcats forever Wrote: He would have more than health issues if he coached here .... certainly wouldn't be in his best interests.

No doubt, I can't imagine he'd have the slightest desire to step into this snafu all things considered.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Honestly, Ohio State is a better job than here.

We're about 8 position upgrades away from competing. It would take him 3 years to do that here minimum.

Now, maybe after 2015.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 10:46 AM)Au165 Wrote: Nope, they said he is retiring from coaching as a whole. I think his health is worse than we know.

He said the same thing at Florida when the flies were starting to buzz around the program, particularly Aaron Hernandez.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 11:04 AM)Whatever Wrote: He said the same thing at Florida when the flies were starting to buzz around the program, particularly Aaron Hernandez.

There is nothing buzzing here as much as people may try and make it out. We know he has a cyst on his brain, before they didn't really know what was his issue. His wife was balling at the Michigan game, they know he is done. 
Reply/Quote
I think he'd coach the Browns before the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
Meyer has a serious health concern that is causing severe pain. He has been suffering for years and from my knowledge, treatment is limited to management of pain symptoms.

Bengals need a young Forest Gregg type that instills discipline and fear. He is out there among college ranks.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 11:07 AM)Au165 Wrote: ...We know he has a cyst on his brain, before they didn't really know what was his issue.

He had previous surgery to reduce the size of the cyst (to help with the headaches.)
The cyst has since grown, but there's nothing ruling out having the procedure repeated, as necessary.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 10:59 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Honestly, Ohio State is a better job than here.

We're about 8 position upgrades away from competing. It would take him 3 years to do that here minimum.

Now, maybe after 2015.

So true.....but besides that, I'm not sure his system would translate very well to this level.

(12-04-2018, 11:04 AM)Whatever Wrote: He said the same thing at Florida when the flies were starting to buzz around the program, particularly Aaron Hernandez.

There's truth in that.....

(12-04-2018, 11:07 AM)Au165 Wrote: There is nothing buzzing here as much as people may try and make it out. We know he has a cyst on his brain, before they didn't really know what was his issue. His wife was balling at the Michigan game, they know he is done. 

I watched the Maryland game (well most of the 2nd half anyway), and he was doubled over, grimacing in pain.  I had a feeling right then his days were numbered......

(12-04-2018, 11:17 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think he'd coach the Browns before the Bengals.

LMAO, no shit.  Who wouldn't?  Dorsey or Son of Paul.....who would you rather work with? LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 11:20 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: Meyer has a serious health concern that is causing severe pain.  He has been suffering for years and from my knowledge, treatment is limited to management of pain symptoms.  

Bengals need a young Forest Gregg type that instills discipline and fear.  He is out there among college ranks.

I think the guy with HC potential in college is Manny Diaz. Miami's DC. He has no HC experience, but he's young and energetic. Miami's defense is always great under him too.

That said, it would be a huge leap from college DC to pro HC.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 11:23 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think the guy with HC potential in college is Manny Diaz. Miami's DC. He has no HC experience, but he's young and energetic. Miami's defense is always great under him too.

That said, it would be a huge leap from college DC to pro HC.

There's a lot of buzz around Campbell at Iowa ST.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 11:20 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: Meyer has a serious health concern that is causing severe pain.  He has been suffering for years and from my knowledge, treatment is limited to management of pain symptoms.  

Bengals need a young Forest Gregg type that instills discipline and fear.  He is out there among college ranks.

He had it "drained" in 2014.....it's an arachnoid (sp?) cyst.  Benign, and not really a serious threat.  They cause a lot of pain when the fluid builds up, and can be triggered by stress, but as far as being a real threat to the patient....it's quite benign, outside of the surgery that may be required to let off the fluid.  Some people are asymptomatic. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Worst thread of the year.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 11:07 AM)Au165 Wrote: There is nothing buzzing here as much as people may try and make it out. We know he has a cyst on his brain, before they didn't really know what was his issue. His wife was balling at the Michigan game, they know he is done. 

I'll believe it when I see it   He pulled this crap at Florida when he was covering up rampant drug use and local news picked up on a shooting victim fingering Hernandez after being shot following a night club altercation with Hernandez and the Pouncey's.  The victim later changed his story and said he didn't get a clear look at the shooter ie:cover-up.  Now, Urban gets nailed for covering up domestic violence and all of a sudden he's got health problems again?  Seems suspect.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 10:45 AM)Tomkat Wrote: He's just announced retirement from Ohio State following their bowl game.
I know he has health issues, but I thought someone said he'd be willing to coach an Ohio NFL team, to stay close to home.

NO, NO and NO.  You don't leave Ohio State to coach The Bungles.  If the brain cyst is bad enough to leave Ohio State, then it is bad. God Bless the Meyer Family through this. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Nobody leaves tOSU to go to the Bengals.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote