Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any chance Urban Meyer coaches the Bengals?
(12-04-2018, 11:49 AM)kevin Wrote: NO, NO and NO.  You don't leave Ohio State to coach The Bungles.  If the brain cyst is bad enough to leave Ohio State, then it is bad. God Bless the Meyer Family through this. 

Maybe we could talk his doctor into letting the fluid put pressure on his brain long enough to sign a contract. Can you imagine coming out of that pain and realizing you signed up for this shit?
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 12:03 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Nobody leaves tOSU to go to the Bengals.

You mean he would't want to get out of a Lamborghini and into a broken down, rusted out, smoking, 1972 Maverick ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
Smile 
(12-04-2018, 12:03 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Nobody leaves tOSU to go to the Bengals.

Paul Brown did.    Wink
Reply/Quote

Billy Price did.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 10:59 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Honestly, Ohio State is a better job than here.

We're about 8 position upgrades away from competing. It would take him 3 years to do that here minimum.

Now, maybe after 2015.

His replacement, Ryan Day, just got a 5yr deal at $4.5m/yr. Not sure if it is accurate, but the internet says that is the same that Marvin makes, but on a longer contract and no Mike Brown. Damn straight it's a better job.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
There’s just over a zero percent chance that he coaches here and I’m glad.
Reply/Quote
Can we drain some fluid from Mikey's brain?
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
No

Reply/Quote
IMHO even if he were a picture of health, from what I know about him, he would want full HC control, kind of like Billy B, and MB would never go for that .... EVER!
Reply/Quote
I feel like you can see it when he's coaching on the sidelines. Dude needs to hang it up and be healthy and love his family. I'd hate it for Meyer if he came here
Reply/Quote
Nick Saban was 15-17 as an NFL head coach.

Steve Spurrier was 12-20.

Whole different ball game than college.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 11:43 AM)Whatever Wrote: I'll believe it when I see it   He pulled this crap at Florida when he was covering up rampant drug use and local news picked up on a shooting victim fingering Hernandez after being shot following a night club altercation with Hernandez and the Pouncey's.  The victim later changed his story and said he didn't get a clear look at the shooter ie:cover-up.  Now, Urban gets nailed for covering up domestic violence and all of a sudden he's got health problems again?  Seems suspect.

I call BS.

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 01:00 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: You mean he would't want to get out of a Lamborghini and into a broken down, rusted out, smoking, 1972 Maverick ?

Pinto, baby, Pinto. One of those with the exploding gas tanks.

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 11:33 AM)Wyche Wrote: He had it "drained" in 2014.....it's an arachnoid (sp?) cyst.  Benign, and not really a serious threat.  They cause a lot of pain when the fluid builds up, and can be triggered by stress, but as far as being a real threat to the patient....it's quite benign, outside of the surgery that may be required to let off the fluid.  Some people are asymptomatic. 

If Meyer Coached for the Bengals, that cyst would turn him into the elephant man (Elephantitis) .   
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 02:28 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

Lol, Dayton native Rob Lowe talking some smack about the Bengals.  

(12-04-2018, 05:27 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Can we drain some fluid from Mikey's brain?

(12-04-2018, 05:47 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: No

Asked and answered.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 06:22 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I call BS.

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/herandez-angel-dust-college-coach-covered-criminal-behavior-rolling-stone-piece-article-1.1438857
Reply/Quote
https://twitter.com/RobLowe/status/1069964120399605760
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 08:58 PM)Whatever Wrote: https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/herandez-angel-dust-college-coach-covered-criminal-behavior-rolling-stone-piece-article-1.1438857

I call BS.

Lots of people like to blame successful people for things others do. It's a way of minimizing someone for something they had no control over. In other words, it's BS.

And if something is printed in the paper it ain't necessarily true at all. Evidence is manufactured to sell news. Stories are faked to get viewers. We see it all the time. So, again, I call BS.

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 01:00 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: You mean he would't want to get out of a Lamborghini and into a broken down, rusted out, smoking, 1972 Maverick ?

No, it's a broken down rusted out , smoking 72 Chevy Chevette and they weren't even introduced till 76.. Maybe an Austin Allegro, but they didn't get built until 73.. Still, the Austin name endured until November 12th.. and still has the hangover ..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote