Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any news on Hurst?
(12-06-2022, 09:28 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Where's Thad Moss. I know he went to NE, but I don't see him on their current roster. Is he on the couch?

but seriously...who might be available if this is long term? We need  a legit threat at TE 
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 11:20 AM)kalibengal Wrote: but seriously...who might be available if this is long term? We need  a legit threat at TE 

I'm not sure how many legit threats at TE are sitting on the couch right now. 
Reply/Quote
Maybe snag Ben Mason off of the Ravens PS? He's a hybrid FB/TE. Not that our run game seems to need a fullback but still could lead to some fun plays. At the very least he knows how to (run) block.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2022, 06:02 PM)pally Wrote: Zac said Hurst was doubtful this week. Time for Wilcox, Asiasi, and practice squad dude to show us what they've got

Dang, hopefully it is only 1 game where he is out. We will see how bad it is by the moves or lack thereof we make.

(12-05-2022, 10:11 PM)TheFan Wrote: Did he? I only remember two pass attempts towards him and I thought both were slight overthrown by Burrow which required him to try making diving catches. Could be remembering wrong though. 

Regardless, 3 years into the league and he's done nothing so I think we may be seeing why the Patriots cut him. Fingers cross he proves everyone wrong though with now possibly getting a bit more playing time. 

I remember at least 1 really bad drop, it was a play where we were in a jumbo set and went play action Burrow put it right
on the money and Asiasi just dropped what could of been a monster play. Had the Defense fooled, forget against which team.

That kind of makes a QB have no faith in you right off the bat.

(12-05-2022, 10:39 PM)michaelsean Wrote: God gave you two for a reason.

lol

(12-06-2022, 12:55 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Time for Gronk!

That would be awesome. We will see what we do, that will tell how bad the Hurst injury is.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 11:20 AM)kalibengal Wrote: but seriously...who might be available if this is long term? We need  a legit threat at TE 

No no, I'm serious. Moss has trouble sticking as a TE because he's smaller and has trouble blocking, but as a pass catching TE there's nothing wrong with his hands. He knows the offense, and until Hurst gets back he might be the best bet.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 02:16 PM)Sled21 Wrote: No no, I'm serious. Moss has trouble sticking as a TE because he's smaller and has trouble blocking, but as a pass catching TE there's nothing wrong with his hands. He knows the offense, and until Hurst gets back he might be the best bet.

He looked good in preseason for once, all for bringing Thad back.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 03:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: He looked good in preseason for once, all for bringing Thad back.

Thad's trash, and you still thought Carman was good up until 3/4 weeks ago 

enough with the praise of these trash nothing players, Nate
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 04:03 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Thad's trash, and you still thought Carman was good up until 3/4 weeks ago 

Okay lol
Reply/Quote
Why wouldn't they just call up Nick Bowers from the practice squad. He's been practicing with the team all season and knows the playbook

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 11:28 AM)TheFan Wrote: I'm not sure how many legit threats at TE are sitting on the couch right now. 

Depends on your definition of "legit threat," but Eric Ebron is available still.
He's "only" 29 years old, so he could be worth adding for depth and interested if he thinks the Bengals are legit contenders for a ring.
He never got past the divisional round in playoffs before.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 04:38 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Depends on your definition of "legit threat," but Eric Ebron is available still.
He's "only" 29 years old, so he could be worth adding for depth and interested if he thinks the Bengals are legit contenders for a ring.
He never got past the divisional round in playoffs before.

Good one, he was on the stealers last year correct?
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 04:03 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Thad's trash, and you still thought Carman was good up until 3/4 weeks ago 

Who have you got that's better and available? At least Moss has played with Burrow before.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 06:04 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Who have you got that's better and available? At least Moss has played with Burrow before.

so has some car dealer who was the back up center on the athens high school team
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2022, 01:26 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Wilcox did a solid job as replacement at least getting thrown in.. i watched him a good amount at the game.. plays he watched was a beast in blocking , one target on catch i believe

I've been a Wilcox fan since last training camp. His blocking against the Chiefs was pleasantly surprising. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 06:06 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: so has some car dealer who was the back up center on the athens high school team

So you have nobody then huh?
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2022, 06:27 PM)jj22 Wrote: Being ruled basically out so quick isn't a good sign...

What are we thinkin'? Career ender? Amputation?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 06:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Good one, he was on the stealers last year correct?

Correct.
He took a back seat once Freiermuth was drafted.
He's had two seasons of 700+ yards, another three with 500-600 yards.
In his last year getting significant playing time, he put up 56 rec for 558 yards and 5 TDs.
That yardage is basically the pace Hurst was on before he got hurt.
So he could be a solid replacement (in the passing game at least) if he's willing and able to play.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 06:09 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: What are we thinkin'? Career ender? Amputation?

I saw a doctor on twitter say he died. Sad news.

EDIT: This is a joke, in case anyone thinks I'm serious.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 06:08 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I've been a Wilcox fan since last training camp. His blocking against the Chiefs was pleasantly surprising. 

My buddy has been a Wilcox fan all year as well. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Hurst is in a walking boot...still no word on what the actual injury is

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote