Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any news on Hurst?
(12-06-2022, 06:09 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Correct.
He took a back seat once Freiermuth was drafted.
He's had two seasons of 700+ yards, another three with 500-600 yards.
In his last year getting significant playing time, he put up 56 rec for 558 yards and 5 TDs.
That yardage is basically the pace Hurst was on before he got hurt.
So he could be a solid replacement (in the passing game at least) if he's willing and able to play.

Should be on the table still if he is in good shape. The Hudson grab for the PS doesn't help us if Hurst is out a long time.

At least it is very unlikely. The only bright side to this is that Wilcox is a damn good blocker and can catch the ball.

Also looks way more athletic than Drew Sample too. Mitchell might do well with Hayden out yah never know...
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 06:09 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Correct.
He took a back seat once Freiermuth was drafted.
He's had two seasons of 700+ yards, another three with 500-600 yards.
In his last year getting significant playing time, he put up 56 rec for 558 yards and 5 TDs.
That yardage is basically the pace Hurst was on before he got hurt.
So he could be a solid replacement (in the passing game at least) if he's willing and able to play.

The Steelers fans couldn't come up with something stupid to chant when he caught the ball so they moved on to Muth.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2022, 05:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Should be on the table still if he is in good shape. The Hudson grab for the PS doesn't help us if Hurst is out a long time.

At least it is very unlikely. The only bright side to this is that Wilcox is a damn good blocker and can catch the ball.

Also looks way more athletic than Drew Sample too. Mitchell might do well with Hayden out yah never know...

Wilcox has been out of college for 3 years now.
He wasn't an overly great receiver in college, and he really hasn't done anything as a receiver in the NFL to-date.
10 rec for 76 yards in 27 games.
And for those curious, Wilcox has 387 offensive snaps in the NFL. So it's not like he hasn't had some opportunity.
It's more that he's extremely slow (4.88 40 time). He got a 2.40 RAS athletic score coming out of college.
He's probably never going to even be Sample-level...personal opinion anyway.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2022, 05:16 PM)michaelsean Wrote: The Steelers fans couldn't come up with something stupid to chant when he caught the ball so they moved on to Muth.

Steelers fans are masters of creativity. It takes a genius to think up a team chant of, "Here we go, Steelers! Here we go!"  Hilarious
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2022, 05:18 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Steelers fans are masters of creativity. It takes a genius to think up a team chant of, "Here we go, Steelers! Here we go!"  Hilarious

And I think they stole that from the Browns.  About five years after adopting it, someone suggested they change it to Steelers.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2022, 05:16 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Wilcox has been out of college for 3 years now.
He wasn't an overly great receiver in college, and he really hasn't done anything as a receiver in the NFL to-date.
And for those curious, Wilcox has 387 offensive snaps in the NFL. So it's not like he hasn't had some opportunity.
It's more that he's extremely slow (4.88 40 time). He got a 2.40 RAS athletic score coming out of college.

He's a way better receiver than Sample and he has the ability to be used down the field. He's not going to be able to provide what Hurst does, but he will fill in just fine. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2022, 04:12 PM)pally Wrote: Hurst is in a walking boot...still no word on what the actual injury is

He's in a boot?! It's likely he never plays again then.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2022, 05:50 PM)TheFan Wrote: He's in a boot?! It's likely he never plays again then.  Ninja

Please God don't let it be a deep thigh bruise.  He has a better chance of coming back from a partial amputation.

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2022, 05:52 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Please God don't let it be a deep thigh bruise.  He has a better chance of coming back from a partial amputation.

I read it was a calf injury of some sort??
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2022, 08:13 PM)kalibengal Wrote: I read it was a calf injury of some sort??

That's code for torn achilles tendon  Ninja
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2022, 03:13 PM)pally Wrote:

Nothing serious = a couple weeks is pushing it?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Hurst is out there all like......

[Image: 3qafhk.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2022, 03:23 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Hurst is out there all like......

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2022, 03:18 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Nothing serious = a couple weeks is pushing it?

I think in general no IR = not serious.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2022, 03:23 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Hurst is out there all like......

Lolol
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2022, 04:39 PM)Au165 Wrote: I think in general no IR = not serious.

Depends on definition of serious, I guess.
Chase wasn't put on IR but missed 4 games.
I'd say missing 4 games is impactful and at least somewhat serious.

For Hurst though, he might be missing the best possible time for the remaining games, as it's "just" the Browns and Bucs the next couple weeks.
I'm more worried about the Patriots in Foxboro, the Bills, and the Ravens.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2022, 04:57 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Depends on definition of serious, I guess.
Chase wasn't put on IR but missed 4 games.
I'd say missing 4 games is impactful and at least somewhat serious.

For Hurst though, he might be missing the best possible time for the remaining games, as it's "just" the Browns and Bucs the next couple weeks.
I'm more worried about the Patriots in Foxboro, the Bills, and the Ravens.

That Patriots offense is really bad...
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2022, 05:36 PM)Au165 Wrote: That Patriots offense is really bad...

True, but their defense is really good, it's against arguably the greatest HC of all time, and it could be snowing on Christmas Eve in Foxboro.
And right now, the game is set for 1:00, but the night game is 5-7 Raiders vs 5-7 Steelers, so it might be possible that that game gets flexed out and Bengals-Patriots gets flexed into that spot (or is it too late to flex around?)
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2022, 05:16 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Wilcox has been out of college for 3 years now.

Eh, that is why I don't always put stock in the Combine or Pro days. Watching both Wilcox and Sample on the field and 
playing Sample looks way slower. Wilcox has been a blocker and not featured as a pass catching TE at all so this might be
the first time we see him used this way. We will see.

(12-07-2022, 05:47 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He's a way better receiver than Sample and he has the ability to be used down the field. He's not going to be able to provide what Hurst does, but he will fill in just fine. 

I think so too, there is a reason we didn't bring in a player like Ebron off the street.

(12-07-2022, 05:52 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Please God don't let it be a deep thigh bruise.  He has a better chance of coming back from a partial amputation.

Hilarious

(12-08-2022, 03:13 PM)pally Wrote:

Good news, at least he will be back before the Playoffs where he can be clutch for us.
Reply/Quote