Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Super Bowl
(10-18-2017, 11:46 AM)packerbacker Wrote: I now hope you guys can get there since my boys are out of it. The NFL is wide open this year and I believe you guys have a shot. You guys deserve success and have great fans. You could hear a pin drop up here the last few days. It hurts but time to move on. The Steelers and Patriots aren't world beaters so you never know.

Hey, remember in 2015 when Dalton got injured and we all gave up on the Bengals and became Packers fans?  Me neither.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2017, 02:25 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Hey, remember in 2015 when Dalton got injured and we all gave up on the Bengals and became Packers fans?  Me neither.

Was thinking about it then - but just couldn't see myself with a wedge of cheese on my head.  Need to shred that shit up and put it on Coneys!
Reply/Quote
Sadly our Super Bowlz is just making the playoffs. And that isn't going to happen this year.

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2017, 02:29 PM)BengalD Wrote: Was thinking about it then - but just couldn't see myself with a wedge of cheese on my head.  Need to shred that shit up and put it on Coneys!

Green and Yellow are tough colors to pull off.
Reply/Quote
oh so mean to our probably only green bay packer fan on this forum lol
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2017, 02:25 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Hey, remember in 2015 when Dalton got injured and we all gave up on the Bengals and became Packers fans?  Me neither.

Bears fan roaring....
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2017, 03:20 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: oh so mean to our probably only green bay packer fan on this forum lol

Oh boo hoo, he's faced with watching 10 NFL games without a HOF QB under center for the first time in almost 25 years and he's here to tell us all how he's given up on the season.  

Reminds me of last season when my buddy who is a Packers fan "gave up" on them when they were 4-6 while the Steeler fans around me were waiting for them to lose to the Browns and end their season.  Fast forward and both of their teams are in the conference championship games and they're all yucking it up and having a ball.

I'm sorry, but if you want to play the "woe is me" game the only place I can think of worse to do so would be a Browns message board.  Boo hoo, no Aaron Rodgers for the rest of the season, I quit before Hundley even gets a chance to look at a gameplan.  Pffft.

Also, the guy's name is Packerbacker and he has made numerous announcements that he is no longer backing the Packers.  It's insane I tells ya.  Maybe when Pig Ben goes down for the year we can invite a bunch of Steeler fans to come here and cry on our shoulders, too.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2017, 05:32 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm sorry, but if you want to play the "woe is me" game the only place I can think of worse to do so would be a Browns message board.  Boo hoo, no Aaron Rodgers for the rest of the season, I quit before Hundley even gets a chance to look at a gameplan.  Pffft.

Well, he's right to think they're cooked, because they are.  They're going nowhere without golden boy.  But, yeah, the only fanbase that can really whine at this point, whom has (or shiould have) zero hope, would be the Stains' fans.  The universe has been taking a giant shit on them for years.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2017, 12:59 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Right now the steelers are our SB.

It all starts here.

Your damn right it does.  Time to turn Piggy in to bacon...

Mooning
Reply/Quote
Rodgers had surgery. Hopefully it went well.
Reply/Quote
Quote:And I don't believe the league is rigged for this to happen. 
But certainly you believe in the tooth fairy, right?
After all, almost all of us actually received real hard currency for the loss of teeth as children..
NFL conspiracies might not exist, but dinosaur bones are manufactured with the ground up teeth of 6 and 7 year olds and buried in just the right places. 

That's every bit as believable as the NFL being honest 100% of the time..at least in my fertile imagination.. lol
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2017, 02:19 PM)BengalD Wrote: You're partially right.  I also think I know that having been a fan of this team since day one - they'll win a superbowl the season after I vacate the planet.

LMAO.  That has always been my fear too.

Only, in my nightmare, they win three or four in a row.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2017, 08:26 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Well, he's right to think they're cooked, because they are.  They're going nowhere without golden boy.  But, yeah, the only fanbase that can really whine at this point, whom has (or shiould have) zero hope, would be the Stains' fans.  The universe has been taking a giant shit on them for years.
I think they can still win in that division.  The Lions and Vikings are both up and down.  When your Qb goes down, the backup(unless he's Brett Favre) is gonna have a hard time in that game.  But with time to prepare, they have a shot.  Hundley is no bum.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2017, 11:34 PM)McC Wrote: LMAO.  That has always been my fear too.

Only, in my nightmare, they win three or four in a row.

Finally!! Team of the decade!!...after i pass.

Bastards

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2017, 11:46 AM)packerbacker Wrote: I now hope you guys can get there since my boys are out of it. The NFL is wide open this year and I believe you guys have a shot. You guys deserve success and have great fans. You could hear a pin drop up here the last few days. It hurts but time to move on. The Steelers and Patriots aren't world beaters so you never know.

First of all, we love ya, brother. You know that.  And we feel your pain.

That said, quit quitting.  It ain't over till it's over.  Do not throw in the towel.  Hundley probably won't lead you to a SB, although you never know, but he can still lead you to the playoffs.  there's only one Aaron Rodgers, but Hundley has some game and you guys have enough coaching that you are far from out of it.  Buck up, soldier.  These are the times that try fans' souls.

And finally, I love how you feel about our team but I don't think we have enough OLine to get anywhere near the SB.  I'll get back to you on that about 7:45 Sunday night.

In the meantime, keep your chin up.  You're the Packers, damn it. 

Heed my words.  If I have to, I'll come back here and lay a whole bunch of other cliches on you and nobody wants that.

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2017, 11:39 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Finally!! Team of the decade!!...after i pass.

Bastards

Haha. They'll get sold and win like 10 Super Bowls in 20 years or something crazy.

You know that probably happened to Steelers fans. The Steelers were really bad in the 60s and have 6 Super Bowls now.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2017, 11:39 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Finally!! Team of the decade!!...after i pass.

Bastards

Yup.  Goodell retires, the Bengals become the darlings of the league, pick up so many new fans they need two band wagons.

Kids grow up dreaming of playing in stripes.  Rich Gannon declares, "This Bengal owfense is the greatest in the history of the league."  Mike Brown, who will undoubtedly outlive me, celebrates his latest SB, and his HOF induction on his 100th birthday.  His acceptance speech, the shortest in the history of the HOF--"See.  I told you so."  

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2017, 02:19 PM)BengalD Wrote: You're partially right.  I also think I know that having been a fan of this team since day one - they'll win a superbowl the season after I vacate the planet.

I think we are all suffering from Mike Brown's karma.
Reply/Quote