Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Anybody Else Think Mixon's Injury Was A Dirty Play?
Maybe this was mentioned in another thread, but am I the only one that saw the play Mixon got injured on as a dirty play by the defensive lineman?

It kind of looked like, as Mixon was running through the hole, that the defensive lineman stuck his leg out and Mixon's need kind of was hit right on the kneecap.

I just found the video and the defensive lineman definitely kicks his leg out to try and trip Mixon, but does much worse and injures him!!!!!!

Typical Ravens dirtbags!!!!!

Has this been mentioned or why are we not hearing about it?!
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2018, 07:22 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Maybe this was mentioned in another thread, but am I the only one that saw the play Mixon got injured on as a dirty play by the defensive lineman?

It kind of looked like, as Mixon was running through the hole, that the defensive lineman stuck his leg out and Mixon's need kind of was hit right on the kneecap.

I just found the video and the defensive lineman definitely kicks his leg out to try and trip Mixon, but does much worse and injures him!!!!!!

I cant tell if this is sarcasm or not...

We have no idea when he hurt it and they play you're referencing certainly wasn't dirty at all. I would assume no one has talked about it is because you're the only one who sees it that way.
Reply/Quote
I watched the replay of that video a dozen times now. Just not seeing the tripping. What I did see was a defender trying to shift his body in front of Mixon, but the blocking just wasn't allowing his top half to go with him. Mellow
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Sorry, not seeing it. Looked pretty innocent to me.

Did enjoy seeing all the hotties in their tight jeans in the Wranglers commercial the NFL showed me.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2018, 07:40 PM)Sweetness Wrote: I cant tell if this is sarcasm or not...

We have no idea when he hurt it and they play you're referencing certainly wasn't dirty at all. I would assume no one has talked about it is because you're the only one who sees it that way.

I was at the game, and didn't notice him get injured... Then again, I was drunk.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2018, 07:22 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Maybe this was mentioned in another thread, but am I the only one that saw the play Mixon got injured on as a dirty play by the defensive lineman?
[Image: yuuup.jpg]
(09-18-2018, 07:40 PM)Sweetness Wrote: I cant tell if this is sarcasm or not...

[Image: archer-Lana-NOPE.gif]
Reply/Quote
Not dirty, but refs could have called tripping on that. Pretty sure it was mentioned by the broadcasters on that play, or maybe it was another one.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Am I the only one that watched the video?!

Before Mixon gets to the hole:

[Image: tripping1.png]

And then sticks his leg out right before Mixon gets there:

I can't be the only one that sees that!

Why'd he stick his leg out if he wasn't trying to trip Mixon?!  Did he have a cramp in his leg?!
Reply/Quote
It was tripping, but it was not an attempt to injure him. Let it go.... you are wrong on this one....
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2018, 10:02 PM)Sled21 Wrote: It was tripping, but it was not an attempt to injure him. Let it go.... you are wrong on this one....

Whether intent was to injure or not, the fact that you acknowledge that it was tripping means it’s dirty.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2018, 09:17 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Am I the only one that watched the video?!

Why'd he stick his leg out if he wasn't trying to trip Mixon?!  Did he have a cramp in his leg?!

So when RBs are running through holes the DL are bound to stand in their spot and cant move their lower bodies? If anything I say we got lucky there wasnt a holding call. Good on those refs!
P.S. you posted the same image twice.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2018, 09:17 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Am I the only one that watched the video?!

Brad, he tried to act like he was going after the ball carrier, in an attempt to get a holding call.  It wasn't tripping.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
[Image: UfyF4xT.jpg]

Ravens player just about hyper-extended his own leg trying to trip Mixon.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2018, 10:02 PM)Sled21 Wrote: It was tripping, but it was not an attempt to injure him. Let it go.... you are wrong on this one....
My bad on posting the same picture twice, but here they are:

Mixon hasn't hit the hole yet, and his leg is bent, which he'd need it bent to keep leverage with the blocker:

Then Mixon gets to the hole, and HE STICKS HIS LEG OUT TO TRIP HIM, AND THERE'S NO OTHER EXPLANATION!  IT'S A DIRTY PLAY:

[Image: tripping2.png]

(09-18-2018, 10:29 PM)Sweetness Wrote: So when RBs are running through holes the DL are bound to stand in their spot and cant move their lower bodies? If anything I say we got lucky there wasnt a holding call. Good on those refs!
P.S. you posted the same image twice.
Look above, and he couldn't move his whole body because he was being blocked (or held, but it's the same either way).
(09-18-2018, 10:34 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Brad, he tried to act like he was going after the ball carrier, in an attempt to get a holding call.  It wasn't tripping.
He would have stuck his arms out so the refs could see that he was being held.  Sticking his leg out does nothing to draw attention to a hold.  He was trying to trip him.
(09-18-2018, 10:52 PM)Tomkat Wrote: [Image: UfyF4xT.jpg]

Ravens player just about hyper-extended his own leg trying to trip Mixon.

Same thing I'm seeing.  Why else would he extend his leg?  Defensive linemen don't do that.  Linemen don't sidestep when engaged because they need their base.

Maybe because I posted the same picture twice is why people couldn't see it, but it's obvious in the two I posted above.
Reply/Quote
Football dude.

You have all year to get bent out of shape about stupid shit. This is not the (non) call you should hitch your wagon to.

I will say tho Brad. Your screenshot / point of reference game is shown to be elevated with this post and I’ll rep you on that. Concentrate on shit calls against us and you’ll be rollin in T.B.B. rep. (Not meant to be a wheelchair innuendo, but funny enough to leave it in after the fact.)

Can’t wait for a real shit call to get you all amped up with your new phone or whatever tech you’re utilizing. Going to be a good season on here if so.
Reply/Quote
I’m pretty sure that’s not even the play he was hurt on so it doesn’t matter.

That’s just the clip they used when talking about it. He was hurt when he went airborne trying to avoid a tackle. He landed funny and hurt himself.

Should the defender have been flagged for tripping? Yes; gio was flag for tripping earlier in the game. Was it dirty? Well if it was it was no dirty than what gio did.
Reply/Quote

He was being held by Hart and did stick his leg out to trip Mixon. Just happened that it hit Mixon's already injured knee.

I believe after that play, Mixon didn't return.
Reply/Quote
Now I may be insane, but I think in order to move your legs have to stretch out. And if you're being moved against your will, your legs can come out from beneath you. But maybe I'm insane.
Reply/Quote
Not to mention the knee injury is actually just a piece of something floating around from a prior injury. Joe will be back in a week or two....no big deal.
Reply/Quote
The "injury" is a dislodged irritant that is in his knee annoying him. If he was a non HB it wouldn't matter and they'd leave it. The procedure is like an hour long they take it out and sew him up. I am not sure how a "dirty" play resulted in that.
Reply/Quote