Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Anybody Else Think Mixon's Injury Was A Dirty Play?
(09-18-2018, 07:22 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Maybe this was mentioned in another thread, but am I the only one that saw the play Mixon got injured on as a dirty play by the defensive lineman?

It kind of looked like, as Mixon was running through the hole, that the defensive lineman stuck his leg out and Mixon's need kind of was hit right on the kneecap.

I just found the video and the defensive lineman definitely kicks his leg out to try and trip Mixon, but does much worse and injures him!!!!!!

Typical Ravens dirtbags!!!!!

Has this been mentioned or why are we not hearing about it?!

The surgery required on Mixon's knee is unrelated to the Baltimore game.  The game may have irritated the area of the previous problem but it definitely is not the root cause.

Even so, IMO that video does not support any kind of malicious intent.  Just typical defender trying to get off a block and reacting to a ball carrier.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Well the Ravens were playing football which is by it's own definition dirty, but since they weren't playing on real grass with dirt under it it couldn't technically be dirty, just turfish at best.. 

C'mon guys.. Not every single play that doesn't result in a TD for our team is dirty and it's not as if our players have never engaged in what qualifies as dirty play. It's a tough game played by huge humans going full speed ahead. It's not like we should expect a bunch of the most polite guys known to our species to play football.
I think we've reached the point where every single possible movement that their bodies can perform now comes under extreme scrutiny for even the slightest hint of bad intentions.. but heck. Let's examine each and every single frame of video for even the slightest hint... I'm pretty sure that Ravens fans are doing the same thing . After all .. We've beaten them a lot in recent years and we HAD TO use dirty plays. We're simply not good enough to win nice and clean, right? No? They're so bad that even our worst players can beat em every time? 
It's a conspiracy I tell ya..a CON SPEER A SEE! 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2018, 09:14 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Not dirty, but refs could have called tripping on that. Pretty sure it was mentioned by the broadcasters on that play, or maybe it was another one.

Yeah, it was mentioned by them, because we had our own leg whip play earlier in the game.

I thought this was a VERY clean AFCN game.  Kudos to both squads, the chippiness was pretty much nonexistent, and I even saw guys of the opposite colors helping each other up from time to time.  The Stoolers should be watching film on how to play football the right way from this game.  

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2018, 01:12 AM)motoarch Wrote: I’m pretty sure that’s not even the play he was hurt on so it doesn’t matter.

That’s just the clip they used when talking about it.  He was hurt when he went airborne trying to avoid a tackle.  He landed funny and hurt himself.

Should the defender have been flagged for tripping?  Yes; gio was flag for tripping earlier in the game.  Was it dirty?  Well if it was it was no dirty than what gio did.

This.......all of this.....

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2018, 10:03 AM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah, it was mentioned by them, because we had our own leg whip play earlier in the game.

I thought this was a VERY clean AFCN game.  Kudos to both squads, the chippiness was pretty much nonexistent, and I even saw guys of the opposite colors helping each other up from time to time.  The Stoolers should be watching film on how to play football the right way from this game.  
In squeelerville this would be how to lose . Only losers play as if they might actually have a shread of respect for the other side.. It's the Squat's way.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I agree with you Brad it was tripping and it was blatant at that not sure what these other posters are looking at. Was the defender thinking in his head I am going to injure him that will never be known. But tripping will cause injuries or they would not flag you for doing it. It was banned from the game for a reason it causes injuries.

If any of you posters think it wont have one of your friends run by at full speed and you stick your leg out just like in the video shin to shin and hit his leg. Unless you both train in Muay Thai fighting you will both fall to the ground rubbing those shins.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2018, 10:09 AM)grampahol Wrote: In squeelerville this would be how to lose . Only losers play as if they might actually have a shread of respect for the other side.. It's the Squat's way.. 

Yes sir. :andy:

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2018, 01:12 AM)motoarch Wrote: I’m pretty sure that’s not even the play he was hurt on so it doesn’t matter.

That’s just the clip they used when talking about it.  He was hurt when he went airborne trying to avoid a tackle.  He landed funny and hurt himself.

Should the defender have been flagged for tripping?  Yes; gio was flag for tripping earlier in the game.  Was it dirty?  Well if it was it was no dirty than what gio did.

Spot on, not even close to dirty...
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2018, 11:38 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Spot on, not even close to dirty...

He tried to trip him. He tried to do an illegal move that went outside the normal lines of a legal play.

He tried to bring a player down with a non-football move, which is dirty because they were playing football.

It WAS dirty.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2018, 02:35 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: He tried to trip him. He tried to do an illegal move that went outside the normal lines of a legal play.

He tried to bring a player down with a non-football move, which is dirty because they were playing football.

It WAS dirty.

So then a face mask is a dirty play? All of the new helmet rule violations are dirty plays? Blocking someone in the back is a dirty play? They are all plays that are illegal and outside the lines of legal play. You are reaching brad, just let it go. Every penalty is not a dirty play, and some non penalized plays are dirty.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2018, 02:39 PM)Au165 Wrote: So then a face mask is a dirty play? 

If someone grabs a facemask illegally, absolutely it's a dirty play.  If you grab it and pull a player down or swing him around, absolutely it's a dirty play.  If you knowingly grab a player's facemask in an attempt to tackle or move them, absolutely it's a dirty play.

Would anyone like to argue that?

(09-19-2018, 02:39 PM)Au165 Wrote: All of the new helmet rule violations are dirty plays? 
If they are done consciously, absolutely.  However, even those aren't going outside of normal football moves, so bad example.

(09-19-2018, 02:39 PM)Au165 Wrote: Blocking someone in the back is a dirty play?
If it is done consciously, absolutely.  Again though, that's not outside the lines of a normal play.

(09-19-2018, 02:39 PM)Au165 Wrote: They are all plays that are illegal and outside the lines of legal play. You are reaching brad, just let it go. Every penalty is not a dirty play, and some non penalized plays are dirty.
I'm not reaching at all.

Here's what you're missing: going outside of what is considered a football move to try and bring someone down is a dirty play, especially when it's something like tripping.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2018, 02:57 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: If someone grabs a facemask illegally, absolutely it's a dirty play.  If you grab it and pull a player down or swing him around, absolutely it's a dirty play.  If you knowingly grab a player's facemask in an attempt to tackle or move them, absolutely it's a dirty play.

Would anyone like to argue that?

If they are done consciously, absolutely.  However, even those aren't going outside of normal football moves, so bad example.

If it is done consciously, absolutely.  Again though, that's not outside the lines of a normal play.

I'm not reaching at all.

Here's what you're missing: going outside of what is considered a football move to try and bring someone down is a dirty play, especially when it's something like tripping.

They are outside normal football "moves" because they are illegal meaning they are not acceptable football "moves" any time. You are trying to judge intent in terms of degrees, but the league has decided not to do that and banned the actions. When I dive at your QB's legs to make a tackle, or if I trip and fall into your QB's legs it is illegal. What makes it dirty in your world is if it happens to our guy or not. We got called for a leg whip/trip in that same game, so by your definition we are a dirty team out to do dirty things right? 

Bottom line dirty in most cases, which this seems to be one, is based on the opposing teams disdain for the other team. In most cases, like in this one, when your team does it (like happened in this game) the person calling it dirty would choose to ignore it. This is a prime example of why fans often lack the objectivity to talk about the happenings of a game rationally. 
Reply/Quote
Good god, this wasn’t dirty.

Reply/Quote
If that was a dirty play with intention to injure shouldn’t Burfict be in jail by now? Lol

Reply/Quote