We're Screwed
Not As Bad As I Think
Ray's That Good
Growing Pains
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody Else Worried About Ogbuehi?
(09-26-2016, 01:57 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Great point. We've been bringing in extra blockers a lot over the last couple weeks. Yet still gave up 4 sacks vs Denver. So the protection is still bad and fewer receivers going out on routes. As Dan Fouts said yesterday, having Fisher at TE really limits what the offense can do - namely when passing the ball.

The line this year has been a complete wreck. Whit is done, Bodine officially sucks, and Ogbuehi is (hopefully) experiencing some serious growing pains. Paul Alexander has earned a pink slip as he's the one in charge of this team-sinking disaster.

Can't really disagree with any of that. It's going to make for an interesting draft in 2017. Don't forget that Winston is at the end as well. So we're looking at a new C and two more tackles needed. Hopefully they'll be starting caliber. Don't see that Fisher is going to be the answer at LT or he'd be in there more. Maybe he will be, just don't know.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 11:26 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Funny, Ray only had 1 sack on Whitworth and he sure as hell isn't a bust.

Andy running into 2 coverage sacks is HIS fault, period.

8 years of this crap and you people STILL can't get it right.

Oh and I'm sure people were against Ogbuehi when he was pulling beautifully in the first half, weren't they?

That was a heck of a pull for a tackle
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 12:35 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: It definitely wasn't a white guy that I saw getting abused, and Ray came from the left side of the D, which is the right side of our offensive line, which is Ogbhuehi.

I remember one play where Ray faked like he was going outside and then just ran inside and Ogbuehi was in no position to stop either move.  It didn't even look like he made an attempt to.  He just looked lost.

My seats were on that side of the field on that play, and unless Ray switched jerseys, that was #58 on the left side, and Ced was blocking him.  Ced got beat on multiple plays on the last series once we got down in the red zone, but he held up against the super bowl mvp pretty well the rest of the game
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 03:46 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Can't really disagree with any of that. It's going to make for an interesting draft in 2017. Don't forget that Winston is at the end as well. So we're looking at a new C and two more tackles needed. Hopefully they'll be starting caliber. Don't see that Fisher is going to be the answer at LT or he'd be in there more. Maybe he will be, just don't know.

Doesn't matter who you draft.....bad coaching is bad coaching.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 05:06 PM)Wyche Wrote: Doesn't matter who you draft.....bad coaching is bad coaching.

Exactly.  Right now we have:

1st round tackle
1st roung guard
2nd round tackle
4th round center that we supposedly graded as the best in the draft

Plus Boling and Whit. A supposed guru should be able to whip up something decent out of that. Instead we have o-line play that rivals 2008.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 05:16 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Exactly.  Right now we have:

1st round tackle
1st roung guard
2nd round tackle

Plus Boling and Whit. A supposed guru should be able to whip up something decent out of that. Instead we have o-line play that rivals 2008.

Look at the bright side. That means there's an undrafted center out there ready to become our starter next season.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 12:17 PM)jj22 Wrote: You clearly didn't watch. It was noticeably sad. Sad enough to where when people saw the stat sheet they thought it was Ced who had to be the one that got abused. Nah, that was Big Whit getting thrown around like a rag doll. Planted on his ass on multiple occasions.

Does that mean Whitt is over the hill as an OT? Or, did he play with double pneumonia and a severe hip fracture?  What has happened to Whitt? The whole team for that matter!
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 05:19 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Look at the bright side. That means there's an undrafted center out there ready to become our starter next season.

I heard a diamond in the rough named Myle Brook is coming out next year. I'm sure the guru could work wonders with him.  Ninja
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Not too worried. There's going to be growing pains, especially for a guy who had little to no playing or practice time last year.

He needs to work on some things like staying engaged in blocks and such. But we saw some of his strengths in use yesterday. He's an athletic guy and that needs to be used to the Bengals advantage. We saw that on the 50 yard run.

Plus, it's not like Andre Smith is doing much better in Minnesota. Seriously. We have to let our young guys play. There's going to be growing pains. Plain and simple.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 05:16 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Exactly.  Right now we have:

1st round tackle
1st roung guard
2nd round tackle

.....and Boling was regarded as one of the best guard prospects in the league coming into his draft.  This play is simply inexcusable....especially when we have this alleged first ballot...unanimous decision...HOF OL coach on staff.

We don't have a guru is the truth.....we have a guy that lives in the same town where a bunch of real gurus meet annually.  Too bad they don't rub off on him.....or that Mikey is such a fan of classical piano. Mellow

Reply/Quote
Yeah he's not looking good, I was never a fan of the pick, he looked thin for a lineman
Reply/Quote
No worries.

Ogbuehi will be fine.  He just missed most of training camp and needs to catch up.

Plus we have an excellent O-line coach.  Over the last few years our O-line has consistently been ranked as one of the best in the league.  Alexander will get it straightened out.

Good to see that 75% of fans agree with me.  The people who have an obsessive hatred for Alexander make a lot of noise, but the majority sees the truth.
Reply/Quote
^^^^^

[Image: 72001346.jpg]

LMAO LMAO

75%?.....most everyone in this thread has said that PA is the biggest problem. Of course the dude is going to have some growing pains, even I said that. What's gonna suck is when he regresses like Zeitler under Johann's "tutelage"

Reply/Quote
Also, one thing I don't like is people bringing up the fact of an extra O-lineman means that the pass blocking will get better. Not necessarily the case.

You have 6 O-lineman. Then there's the QB. That leaves 4 potential receivers. Including possible RB and TE. It limits audibles and isn't really a positive when it comes to passing plays. It works for the running attack, but not so much passing attack. It limits the play calls and style.

Defenses could call a 4 man rush and have 7 players on 4 receivers. One most likely out of the backfield. So play up to him and you don't have to cover all that much and hope you get a coverage sack or even a throw away. Even a forced throw.

Not a fan of the extra lineman during passing plays. Especially late in the 4th.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't know what is up with the line and Whit. I think they're too skinny for the AFCN though. Miss the big boys. They are in playoff form, and that isn't good.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2016, 04:10 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Also, one thing I don't like is people bringing up the fact of an extra O-lineman means that the pass blocking will get better. Not necessarily the case.

You have 6 O-lineman. Then there's the QB. That leaves 4 potential receivers. Including possible RB and TE. It limits audibles and isn't really a positive when it comes to passing plays. It works for the running attack, but not so much passing attack. It limits the play calls and style.

Defenses could call a 4 man rush and have 7 players on 4 receivers. One most likely out of the backfield. So play up to him and you don't have to cover all that much and hope you get a coverage sack or even a throw away. Even a forced throw.

Not a fan of the extra lineman during passing plays. Especially late in the 4th.

Right, we had the same issue in '09, when we had to go to the unbalanced sets to try and mask the o line's deficiencies.  We blamed Palmer then, I haven't seen Andy blamed too much this time around.....I wonder when they'll finally stare at the elephant in the room?

Reply/Quote
I'm not too worried about Ogbuehi this week. I'm more worried about Russell Bodine going up against Ndamukong Suh.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2016, 04:29 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I'm not too worried about Ogbuehi this week. I'm more worried about Russell Bodine going up against Ndamukong Suh.

Gaah Panic Freakout Pray

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 11:28 AM)jj22 Wrote: Did you watch? I've never seen Whit thrown around like he was yesterday. He was tossed to the side with ease. And yes Ray is a bust, can't beat out 34 year old Ware. Gets slammed by Broncos fans.

You couldn't be more incorrect. Ware is a starter in name only, at this point he's used mainly on 3rd downs and other critical plays. He is old but he's still a great OLB. Shane Ray, Shaq Barrett and Dekoda Watson all get plenty of playing time along with Von and DeMarcus. It is filthy how many pass rushers the Broncos have and since they rotate so much, they stay fresh.

But anyway Shane Ray is far, far from a bust. In fact he's starting to look like a beast and it'll be hard to keep in a rotation beyond this season. Broncos fans absolutely do not complain about him.
Reply/Quote
It's the scheme. None of the offensive linemen are being coached to use their size and leverage properly. It's not just Cedric Ogbuehi. Cincinnati's linemen are as talented as any in the NFL but the "stand up and play pattycake" with the defensive line technique will get Andy Dalton hit and running backs get stuffed behind the line of scrimmage. I promise if Paul Alexander and Dante Scarnecchia switched places, Andy Dalton wold be the league MVP, Jeremy Hill would have consistent 100 yard games, and Tom Brady would get flattened like a pancake.
Reply/Quote