We're Screwed
Not As Bad As I Think
Ray's That Good
Growing Pains
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody Else Worried About Ogbuehi?
(09-26-2016, 11:26 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Funny, Ray only had 1 sack on Whitworth and he sure as hell isn't a bust.

Andy running into 2 coverage sacks is HIS fault, period.

8 years of this crap and you people STILL can't get it right.

Oh and I'm sure people were against Ogbuehi when he was pulling beautifully in the first half, weren't they?

Andy barely has time to do anything before the pocket is collapsing around him.  Dude gets rid of the ball very quickly.  I'm not sure you can put it on him.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 11:27 AM)Au165 Wrote: Wouldn't running in to coverage sacks be the WR's fault?

Lol both their faults?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 11:29 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Andy barely has time to do anything before the pocket is collapsing around him.  Dude gets rid of the ball very quickly.  I'm not sure you can put it on him.

You guys are giving Andy a bit too much credit here: since game 1, he's turned all panicky again, at times.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 11:28 AM)jj22 Wrote: Did you watch? I've never seen Whit thrown around like he was yesterday. He was tossed to the side with ease. And yes Ray is a bust, can't beat out 34 year old Ware. Gets slammed by Broncos fans.

And you continue to create fabrications out of nowhere.
Reply/Quote
You clearly didn't watch. It was noticeably sad. Sad enough to where when people saw the stat sheet they thought it was Ced who had to be the one that got abused. Nah, that was Big Whit getting thrown around like a rag doll. Planted on his ass on multiple occasions.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I've been down on Ced, but I thought he had a great game yesterday. My issue has always been he doesn't fit the road grader mold we usually have at RT. With Whit losing a step maybe it's time to think about switching sides.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 12:00 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: You guys are giving Andy a bit too much credit here: since game 1, he's turned all panicky again, at times.

When the line collapses around you it seems like a natural reaction. He does appear to have happy feet, but that isn't without reason.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 12:22 PM)Au165 Wrote: When the line collapses around you it seems like a natural reaction. He does appear to have happy feet, but that isn't without reason.

Absolutely, you're right about that.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 11:29 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Andy barely has time to do anything before the pocket is collapsing around him.  Dude gets rid of the ball very quickly.  I'm not sure you can put it on him.

Not to mention he also had 40 yards rushing yesterday due to poor o line play and lack of open receivers.....which, there were fewer receivers on the field because we had to bring people in to help block, because our front five can't block four.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Eh, somewhat. The dude hasn't played in over a year, never played at the pro level and is coming a pretty significant injury. He hasn't looked good but... Hey he can't get much worse. He should improve, and hopefully soon
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 08:06 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Ogbuehi was against Miller most of the day, wasn't he?

I think Ray was against Whitworth.

(09-26-2016, 08:51 AM)LebanonFan Wrote: Correct

(09-26-2016, 10:32 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Okay, so then I guess my next question is...what is this thread about?

(09-26-2016, 10:53 AM)wildcats forever Wrote: It's about to be closed, due to lack of accurate information on the original subject, though I'm willing to see if the OP has any updates to share on the topic.

It definitely wasn't a white guy that I saw getting abused, and Ray came from the left side of the D, which is the right side of our offensive line, which is Ogbhuehi.

I remember one play where Ray faked like he was going outside and then just ran inside and Ogbuehi was in no position to stop either move.  It didn't even look like he made an attempt to.  He just looked lost.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 12:22 PM)Au165 Wrote: When the line collapses around you it seems like a natural reaction. He does appear to have happy feet, but that isn't without reason.

Imagine if Carson Palmer were playing behind this line the last three weeks  Nervous
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 12:44 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Imagine if Carson Palmer were playing behind this line the last three weeks  Nervous
I was thinking the same thing. 15 sacks and 2 pick 6's is my guess.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
No joke, I would think the number would be closer to 18 or 20. Dalton has taken off five or six times that I can remember, and you know Carson would not have had the ability to do that.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 03:14 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Shane Ray is a backup to Ware, who is hurt, but every play I looked at Ray he was making moves and/or using his flat-out speed to get by Ogbuehi.  

Ray had 3 sacks, two tackles for loss, 3 QB hits, and it looked like he was always in the backfield putting pressure on Dalton.

Is it just growing pains, is Ray that good, was it not as bad as I think, or are we screwed?
I may be responding in the wrong forum, but I think we have been fed a load of Bull****about how great the Bengals' drafts have been.  How come we don't get the Shane Ray type of players? We seem to get players who can't find their lockers most of the time. OK I'm pissed.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 12:29 PM)Wyche Wrote: Not to mention he also had 40 yards rushing yesterday due to poor o line play and lack of open receivers.....which, there were fewer receivers on the field because we had to bring people in to help block, because our front five can't block four.

Great point. We've been bringing in extra blockers a lot over the last couple weeks. Yet still gave up 4 sacks vs Denver. So the protection is still bad and fewer receivers going out on routes. As Dan Fouts said yesterday, having Fisher at TE really limits what the offense can do - namely when passing the ball.

The line this year has been a complete wreck. Whit is done, Bodine officially sucks, and Ogbuehi is (hopefully) experiencing some serious growing pains. Paul Alexander has earned a pink slip as he's the one in charge of this team-sinking disaster.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 01:57 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Great point. We've been bringing in extra blockers a lot over the last couple weeks. Yet still gave up 4 sacks vs Denver. So the protection is still bad and fewer receivers going out on routes. As Dan Fouts said yesterday, having Fisher at TE really limits what the offense can do - namely when passing the ball.

The line this year has been a complete wreck. Whit is done, Bodine officially sucks, and Ogbuehi is (hopefully) experiencing some serious growing pains. Paul Alexander has earned a pink slip as he's the one in charge of this team-sinking disaster.

I agree with all of this except White being done and Bodine officially sucking. Whit just had a bad game and Bodine has officially sucked for a while. Now if Whit gets lit up like Xmas on Thursday I will retract my first point...
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
I didn't hide how disappointed I was in the Ogbuehi pick, but he's doing better than I expected and a far cry from a bust.
Reply/Quote
Too early to tell, but right now he doesn't look the part.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 03:16 AM)Joelist Wrote: Og got beat like a rented mule today....and last week and the week before that.

To me the clock on him is ticking - no improvement next game and he gets classified as a bust.

Wow. I called Hunt a bust after 3 years of zero and now that they guy finally woke up people act like he's exceeded expectations. The guy was a 2nd round pick for crying out loud. Should have shown up his first season.

On Og though, he did missed last year basically and training camp this year. He should improve, I hope. Fingers are crossed. That's how much confidence I have in our OL coach to get anything straightened out.

Reply/Quote