Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody Else's Dog HATE Dog Food?
(06-20-2015, 11:46 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Learn how to use the past tense of verbs so that people can understand what you mean.
Last time I heard he was at the vet, the vet said he's as healthy a dog as they've ever seen.  

So, seeing as I haven't heard a vet saying that he's not as healthy a dog as they've ever seen, it was still past tense.

Furthermore, mentioning it directly after I mentioned that it was what my brother's friends used to feed him, it was understood that it's what vets said in the past, unless you were just looking for mistakes.
(06-20-2015, 12:50 PM)Harmening Wrote: What Fred just said.
The way you write things makes people not understand you.
So yes, you did "miswrite" it.

Of course, arguing with you is like playing chess with a pigeon.  It will just drop shit all over the board and strut around as if it won.
lol!!

Coming from a guy defending Fred, who throws out more bullshit than anyone!
(06-20-2015, 12:52 PM)Harmening Wrote: What makes your posts so special that Fred would have to have 'audacity' to comment on it?
Nothing about this specific posts, it's that he's multiple times tried to bad-mouth me and find mistakes, only to throw out lies and completely false information, only to continue to deny it when it was in black and white for everyone to see.
(06-20-2015, 04:17 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Not gonna lie man, and I usually stay out of this stuff, but holy shit you get butt hurt easily.  I know you're disabled, and I know you want everyone to treat you as though you're not.  Well you can take comfort in knowing that I will not treat as such.

This whining has to stop.
I'm not butt-hurt at all, I just refuse to kiss Fred's ass like everyone does because I'm the only one who doesn't blindly buy-in to everything he posts when it's complete garbage.

It's like because he has a job that he considers superior to everyone else's, he thinks everyone just buys into the garbage he posts, which a lot of people do.

It's like when I asked for advice on my blog post on my website and he pointed out one mistake, but then went on to re-write the entire thing and change everything that didn't need changing just to make it his and feel superior to me.

Fred's a joke.
Reply/Quote
I'm by no means a Fred defender. In fact, I've also had a run in with him a couple of times. He can be a complete asshole.
That said, the things that he corrects you on, are in fact, correct.
You make yourself look silly when you try to defend yourself, because you are convinced that your opinion is fact.
Sorry Sparky, you're not gonna "win" on the Internet.
Reply/Quote
I'm gonna have to side with Brad on this one. On a second reading, it's easy to see how the vets were talking about when the dog was younger, and now he's old.

Though, Brad could have just pointed out that he was speaking about when the dog was younger instead of turning this into another 'me vs him' debate.

I just don't know why it's so hard to let some things pass. People have given me shit over the last 5+ years, on multiple occasions. Sometimes i'll engage but sometimes it's just better to let it roll off your back and move on.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2015, 11:50 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: He goes to the vet and gets his teeth cleaned

(06-20-2015, 11:10 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I have no clue when the last time he was even at the vet.

........ok?

I'm going to say my teeth theory is still in play here.....
Reply/Quote
This thread has left me with a headache.

[Image: tumblr_lyj7d6Gj6e1r556mmo1_400.gif]
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2015, 07:54 PM)Donnyho Wrote: ........ok?

Waiting to see how Brad blames me for this.
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2015, 12:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Waiting to see how Brad blames me for this.

[Image: 0vTTjPf.gif]
[Image: clRAu62.gif]
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2015, 06:02 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'm gonna have to side with Brad on this one. On a second reading, it's easy to see how the vets were talking about when the dog was younger, and now he's old.

Though, Brad could have just pointed out that he was speaking about when the dog was younger instead of turning this into another 'me vs him' debate.

I just don't know why it's so hard to let some things pass. People have given me shit over the last 5+ years, on multiple occasions. Sometimes i'll engage but sometimes it's just better to let it roll off your back and move on.
I would let it go if Fred wasn't a known liar that tries to tarnish my name, often with false garbage, every chance he gets.
(06-21-2015, 12:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Waiting to see how Brad blames me for this.

I'm not, but, even if I did and pointed out proof to you being wrong, you'd probably post a link to a thread proving that I was right, yet still calling me a liar and somehow being convinced that it made you right, just like you did when you claimed that I said Chemotherapy doesn't exist.
Reply/Quote
:slapping:
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2015, 07:54 PM)Donnyho Wrote: ........ok?

But then why would he only moan and whine when he eats dog food?  He doesn't do it if he eats people food.
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2015, 11:11 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: But then why would he only moan and whine when he eats dog food?  He doesn't do it if he eats people food.

My dog did the same thing. Most people food is softer than dog food. A fast food cheeseburger is pretty soft.
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2015, 11:11 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: But then why would he only moan and whine when he eats dog food?  He doesn't do it if he eats people food.

The same reason lots of people would moan and whine if you replaced their cheeseburgers with some sort of utilitarian substitute.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2015, 06:30 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I would let it go if Fred wasn't a known liar that tries to tarnish my name, often with false garbage, every chance he gets.

Actually, the childish way in which you carry yourself on these boards looking for some sort of validation does far worse damage to your self-perceived "prestigious" name than a guy on a message board named Fredtoast could ever do.
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2015, 02:04 PM)Harmening Wrote: Actually, the childish way in which you carry yourself on these boards looking for some sort of validation does far worse damage to your self-perceived "prestigious" name than a guy on a message board named Fredtoast could ever do.

I carry myself in a far less childish way than Fred does.  

My mistake is being baited into retaliating and responding because I know that he'll just continue to throw out garbage if I don't, which he does anyways, but I can't stand the fact that people might actually buy into his nonsense just because he's so well-spoken and makes it sound like he knows what he's talking about.

Perfect example, which I've already mentioned a few times, is in my last thread on the other board when I asked him a question that he couldn't answer and he went off on a long speech about how "people felt sorry for me and have never held me accountable, and how everyone was just so supportive of my recovery that they never made me grow up," and so forth, which could not be any farther from the truth.

More than that, there's no way that he could possibly know anything about my personal life that I hadn't mentioned on that board, especially from 15+ years prior, but he made up a bunch of garbage that sounded intelligent so that no one would question it.

Another example is in this very thread where Fred tried to make it sound like I was contradicting myself when it was clear that I was not, which another poster already pointed out, but Fred's too big of a childish coward to take responsibility for anything he posts.
Reply/Quote
So block him.
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2015, 06:37 PM)Harmening Wrote: So block him.

Why?  So he can slander my name without my knowledge?  That makes sense.

Another way he did that was when he said that I've been kicked off multiple boards, when he knows it's only been one board and I've explained how wrong it was that I was even kicked off that one (being told that I deserved to die, being told I was a criminal, and being told that I was a thief (beyond the first criminal), all justified by claiming that he was trying to help me by just telling me his opinion without reasoning or an explanation).

He means nothing and he has no credibility, but he continually acts like he does and some people just blindly buy into it, and that doesn't fly with me.
Reply/Quote
You are proving that what I originally wrote is true.
Be the bigger man. Let it go.
You continuing with this Fred crusade makes you look foolish.
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2015, 06:52 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Why?  So he can slander my name without my knowledge?  That makes sense.

Ok, here I go. I'm neither on Team Brad nor Team Fred (imagine for a second the t-shirt possibilities), but it seems that pretty much most of the flack you get comes after you've torn into someone (oh, let's say...Fred, for the sake of the conversation). It seems like you go into every thread just biding your time until Fred gives you a "reason" to lash out. Then an interesting - or what could have been an interesting - thread just becomes another stupid pissing contest while the rest of us watch in car-crash curiosity.

Do what Harmening and so many others of us have said and just let it go. Start your thread, double-check your facts (and tense), and then own your opinion. Take the criticism in stride. Forget about the past and leave it out of your responses and deal only with the topic at hand.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Our Honorary Board Alpaca is a wise one.
Call you Yoda, I will.
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2015, 10:09 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Ok, here I go.  I'm neither on Team Brad nor Team Fred (imagine for a second the t-shirt possibilities), but it seems that pretty much most of the flack you get comes after you've torn into someone (oh, let's say...Fred, for the sake of the conversation).  It seems like you go into every thread just biding your time until Fred gives you a "reason" to lash out.  Then an interesting - or what could have been an interesting - thread just becomes another stupid pissing contest while the rest of us watch in car-crash curiosity.

Do what Harmening and so many others of us have said and just let it go.  Start your thread, double-check your facts (and tense), and then own your opinion.  Take the criticism in stride.  Forget about the past and leave it out of your responses and deal only with the topic at hand.

That's my point: Fred just throws out false information to try and tarnish my name and then everyone just buys into it without even realizing how full of shit he is.

Like when he claimed that I said Chemotherapy doesn't exist.  

I do lash out when people like Fred or Pat just post bullshit, but it's usually them on the initial aggression.  

Like when Pat posted my quote from an entirely different board, that I admitted I misspoke about and deleted in under thirty seconds, to this board like it somehow gives him credibility and makes him sound smart, and no one said a word, but then I bring up something he said, that he still has yet to answer for, and people act like I committed a mortal sin.

My tense might have been able to be different, but it was clear what I meant.  This is a message board, not grammar school or English class.  
Reply/Quote