Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody Seen This TJ interview?
He basically opens up about how much of a cheap bastard Mike Brown is.

https://www.foxsports.com/watch/the-herd-with-colin-cowherd/video/1273221699516
Reply/Quote
I'm morally obligated to refuse to watch any and all content created by Cowherd or Bayless.

The Reds could go 62-100, and the most painful part of a season of watching them on FoxSportsOH would still be all the Cowherd/Bayless commercials rather than the 100 losses.

How Fox managed to get the two worst sports talking heads in existence at the same time is beyond me.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2018, 08:00 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I'm morally obligated to refuse to watch any and all content created by Cowherd or Bayless.

The Reds could go 62-100, and the most painful part of a season of watching them on FoxSportsOH would still be all the Cowherd/Bayless commercials rather than the 100 losses.

How Fox managed to get the two worst sports talking heads in existence at the same time is beyond me.

You said it man, just terrible. Cannot believe these guys get paid for what they do, especially Cowturd. Mellow
Reply/Quote
Cowherd makes it on the Howard Cosell theory that it does not matter if they love you or hate you.

It still makes one famous and that equates to money $$$$$.

Sadly we have to all suffer because of it too.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Sorry just moving my post # off the 666

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
TJ has said a lot of nice things about this franchise once he realized the grass wasn't greener in Seattle. Nor the money
Reply/Quote
Amazing !
Reply/Quote
And some people out there still claim Mike Brown isn't "cheap" Whatever
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2018, 01:56 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: And some people out there still claim Mike Brown isn't "cheap" Whatever

What mike brown did in 2000  

isn't the same thing as what mike brown does in 2018
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2018, 11:46 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: TJ has said a lot of nice things about this franchise once he realized the grass wasn't greener in Seattle. Nor the money
He realized that he wasn't relevant without the Bengals, Palmer, or Chad opposite him.  Now, the only way he can stay remotely relevant is to find people that will let him gossip like a teenage girl about the Bengals.
(07-10-2018, 01:56 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: And some people out there still claim Mike Brown isn't "cheap" Whatever
I still claim he's cheap (shitty training/medical staff/facility, small personnel department, no indoor practice facility, etc.), but he has gotten a lot better.
(07-10-2018, 03:59 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: What mike brown did in 2000  

True, but he's still pretty bad.

I think one of the reasons why is that he's allowing himself to be influenced some by Katie, Troy, Marvin, and whoever else because he knows he's too old to worry about it all.
Reply/Quote

Has he gotten better? Yes. Is he good? No. He's still cheap... But not as cheap. Progress, I guess? 
Reply/Quote

Mike Brown is still living in the crew cut, thick rimmed glasses, buttoned all the way up shirt, no frills, 50's and 60's. And so is his budget and thinking. Think Woody Hayes circa 1961.

Has he gotten better ? a little

Is there still a ton of room for improvement ? absolutely 
Reply/Quote
The whole MB is cheap narrative is tired and an excuse.
Reply/Quote
I mean I give props to Marvin for owning up to the Gatorade thing.   He's got a point and owns the policy.

But overall it's just shameful.   Used jock straps?

I realize that he doesn't have any other source of income, but that's a disgusting set of policies to offset the small losses relative to the millions he does make.

Just embarrassing.    He was given a stadium, gets the upgrades paid for and doesn't pay the taxes.   He barely has any overhead considering the TV revenue.

There's plenty to like about the guy, but this was (emphasis on was) a dark blemish on the franchise.
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2018, 05:30 PM)3wt Wrote: I mean I give props to Marvin for owning up to the Gatorade thing.   He's got a point and owns the policy.

But overall it's just shameful.   Used jock straps?

I realize that he doesn't have any other source of income, but that's a disgusting set of policies to offset the small losses relative to the millions he does make.

Just embarrassing.    He was given a stadium, gets the upgrades paid for and doesn't pay the taxes.   He barely has any overhead considering the TV revenue.

There's plenty to like about the guy, but this was (emphasis on was) a dark blemish on the franchise.

It's almost hilarious how cheap he is. Dumping a pile of used jock straps on the ground and letting the players fight it out for who gets the cleanest one sounds like something out of a bad sports comedy. Also pathetic Willie and Kijana Carter had to pay for new ones.
Reply/Quote
TJs stories are a bit, just a bit, embellished. Maybe not on purpose, it was a long time ago. About the jock straps; they weren't used. They would just wash them and throw them all in one bin. They didn't do personal laundry for the players so when the jock straps were washed, they would throw them all in one bin and the players would wade through them all and, hopefully, find the one they'd used before. 

The story about towels is true. He would buy the cheapest regular sized towels they could find and they just weren't big enough for most of the guys so a couple guys on the team (mentioned in the article) went out and bought some big towels for their teammates.

You've already heard the story about the gatorade from JJoe. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
The first time they were on Hard Knocks, Roy Williams seemed shocked to find out they had to rent TV's for their rooms at training camp. The look on his face was priceless.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2018, 08:29 PM)jason Wrote: The first time they were on Hard Knocks, Roy Williams seemed shocked to find out they had to rent TV's for their rooms at training camp. The look on his face was priceless.

In his defense, that was some cheap bulls*it
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2018, 05:27 PM)Beaker Wrote: The whole MB is cheap narrative is tired and an excuse.

It isn't a "narrative" and it's not an excuse because it's true ! The evidence forms a mountain, you know the list. No practice bubble, no ring of honor, 2 scouts, no gatorade and on and on and on.

Has he gotten better ? sure

Should he have been where he is now 15 years ago ? hell yes
Reply/Quote
It's not as if most football players are paid like a janitor at Wendys..  The way I see it, if you're making over a million bucks a year and you can't buy your own jock strap then you probably weren't paying one bit of attention during those college math classes.. You earn a couple of million bucks a season you really ought to be investing in the tools of your trade. A jock strap qualifies as one of the tools..  in fact would you trust anyone else to even touch your jock strap? 
I bought all of my own tools and was never paid anywhere even remotely close to an nfl salary..  The team shouldn't have to buy your freaking jock strap for you. 
Reply/Quote