Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
Anybody Superstitious Repeating At Home What's Winning ?
I paced the floor the 4th quarter of Bengals vs Raiders win. I started the Titans game pacing the floor, but Bengals got a lead and I sat down. As that lead started slipping away, I got back up pacing like a coach. I had my Bengals sweater on Raiders game. I made sure I had it on Titans game. I need to wash it so I have it on Chiefs game. Yes, I will be pacing the floor like a coach on the sideline.

Anybody else have any superstitions they have fallen into. Repeating something they did in these play-off wins. Fear that any changes might break the good luck ???

Who Dey
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Yes! Even though I know it is in no way going to help. I have a Bengals Tee-shirt and then also a Corey Dillon jersey for last two games so I am wearing them again Sunday!
Reply/Quote
I will be wearing the same Bengals sweatshirt and Bengals socks I wore to the Raiders game and while watching the Titans game. I'll also be wearing my Bengals lounging pants.  I do not wear these at any other time because it would 'use up' all the good Bengals energy.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
My playoff beard is getting itchy... Two and a half more weeks of this.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I used to be really superstitious, but right now the only things I won’t do are wear any Bengal gear on game day or eat before the game. I also have to watch the game alone, which is good because nobody wants to be around me anyway.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I've had a cheeseburger for the Wildcard and Divisional before the game.... guess what I'm eating on Sunday
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Same clothes, right down to Bengals socks and black underwear. Hat my grandson gave me for Christmas.

Same pre-game meal (1 dozen wings from Midwest Best BBQ, spicy barbecue sauce).

Who-Dey can of Bud Light after first score.

Shot of Fireball after first touchdown.

Another shot after we win.
Reply/Quote
Same Bengals socks I guess. Just realized that I've worn them at the Raiders game, and at home against the Titans. So I'll be sure to wear them Sunday.
Reply/Quote
I started this season thinking it would be nice to have a winning record but didn't expect much. Then after the Bengals destroyed the Ravens the first time this season I was openly skeptical and told people here to temper their expectations. Then later in the season I thought it would be cool if the Bengals could at least somehow make the playoffs but didn't expect it. When the Bengals won the division and made the playoffs I thought it was a great season and didn't expect anything else. Then they beat the Raiders in the first round of the playoffs and again I thought it was cool but that was pretty much it for this year. Forward to beating the Titans and now moving on to the AFC Championship.

So it is clear that my being highly skeptical and not expecting anything more is what is going to get the Bengals to the Super Bowl. Tongue

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Well I had intended on the same menu skyline dip and pizza with the exact same herb blend as the week before.

Was overrode on menu and she made taco's instead and the only thing we found in cabinet from Cincinnati was a bag of Grippo's so we all ate a some. Oh and switched the blend per some real intriguing flavors had arrived.

Gambled and switched everything at last minute and Bengals still won so probably going with wings for this game.

Although I did wear the same shirt and my fathers hat for both games and that won't change this week, just in case lol.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 01:17 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Well I had intended on the same menu skyline dip and pizza with the exact same herb blend as the week before.

Was overrode on menu and she made taco's instead and the only thing we found in cabinet from Cincinnati was a bag of Grippo's so we all ate a some. Oh and switched the blend per some real intriguing flavors had arrived.

Gambled and switched everything at last minute and Bengals still won so probably going with wings for this game.

Although I did wear the same shirt and my fathers hat for both games and that won't change this week, just in case lol.

Aha, it's not about the food. It's totally the hat. Don't mess with this part of your viewing experience!
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 12:39 PM)QueenCity Wrote: I've had a cheeseburger for the Wildcard and Divisional before the game.... guess what I'm eating on Sunday

A taco? Lol
Reply/Quote
If I really think they need the my help, I wear the last Bengals sweatshirt my mom bought me before she died.  The bad part is the sweatshirt won't last forever. Tongue

I can't watch it at home unless I'm alone.  My wife objects, but I'd likely scare the children if I did.
I usually go to a sports bar where it's too loud to hear the audio, mostly so I can't flip out when things start to go south.  I guess I'm kind of a baby about it, but I've always been this way.  

There will be no change.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
Making sure my Spyderco Matriarch 2 is securely clipped in my front right pocket.

[Image: odRaFv5.jpg]
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
My gameday ritual has became absolutely absurd. But I'm going to be honest with you folks. By now most of you know my choice of...intoxicant. Many of you have shared the ...opinion. And I discovered there's even more of us, through rep comments.

That outta the way, I have a set time for everything. And I wear exactly the same clothing, washed, every game since the playoff clincher. I mean I have a routine. Being intoxicated my way, makes you very focused, happy, but focused. But...

Now since I announced I had to piss at the end of the Raiders game, and was actually peeing in a trash can when Pratt made the interception. That has to be included. Last week I was trying hard to pee while the kick was in the air, but I knew it was good when he hit it. So have to plan for that now. Whew
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 11:49 AM)Awful Llama Wrote: I will be wearing the same Bengals sweatshirt and Bengals socks I wore to the Raiders game and while watching the Titans game. I'll also be wearing my Bengals lounging pants.  I do not wear these at any other time because it would 'use up' all the good Bengals energy.

(01-26-2022, 12:49 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Same clothes, right down to Bengals socks and black underwear.  Hat my grandson gave me for Christmas.

Same pre-game meal (1 dozen wings from Midwest Best BBQ, spicy barbecue sauce).

Who-Dey can of Bud Light after first score.

Shot of Fireball after first touchdown.

Another shot after we win.

(01-26-2022, 01:08 PM)Takedown Wrote: Same Bengals socks I guess. Just realized that I've worn them at the Raiders game, and at home against the Titans. So I'll be sure to wear them Sunday.

There is sorcery in the socks!
Reply/Quote
My superstition is to take laxatives before big games to avoid being constipated.. If they win big and win the superbowl? Well, you know what'll happen..  I won't get too graphic..  Mellow
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 01:54 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: There is sorcery in the socks!

C'mon Llama, I got enough problems without sorcery involved.  I'm not sure I've been wearing the same socks!  Boxer Briefs are set, everything else, set.

Now I have to go sort through about 20 pairs of ankle socks and check for vibes.  Well, off to the garage real quick.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 02:01 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: C'mon Llama, I got enough problems without sorcery involved.  I'm not sure I've been wearing the same socks!  Boxer Briefs are set, everything else, set.

Now I have to go sort through about 20 pairs of ankle socks and check for vibes.  Well, off to the garage real quick.

In fairness, what doesn't send you to the garage? LOL
Reply/Quote
I had Skyline during the Raiders game.

I wasn't hungry during the Titans game, but fixed a can anyway and took one bite.

When the Titans tied the game, I took a few more bites. LOL
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote