Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody ever grilled
Bologna? I just got a new grill and didn't have time to stop and get any real meat. So I was going to try to grill some bologna. Wife is working and kids just left for grandma's house. I like it fried so it should be good, right? What are some of the craziest things you have tried to grill?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Smoked bologna before. Some of the extended family liked it .
Personally, I think bologna is freakin' horrible.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2015, 09:06 PM)Cure4CF Wrote: Bologna? I just got a new grill and didn't have time to stop and get any real meat.   So I was going to try to grill some bologna.  Wife is working and kids just left for grandma's house.  I like it fried so it should be good, right?  What are some of the craziest things you have tried to grill?

Yes....actually I have.  We grilled some ghetto steaks back during our broke college days.....a lot like fried bologna, but kinda close to grilled hot dogs too.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(06-06-2015, 10:44 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yes....actually I have.  We grilled some ghetto steaks back during our broke college days.....a lot like fried bologna, but kinda close to grilled hot dogs too.....

Yup. If you like grilled hot dogs, you'll like grilled flat hot dogs.

I don't know if it's all that crazy, but one of my favorite things to do is cut the center out of red bell pepper. Rinse it out, and fill it with some butter and garlic and salt. Toss it on the grill and just roll it every few minutes. And I've gotten big into grilling catfish. Spread on some Tony Chachere (or however you spell the seasoning) and throw it on for 4-5 minutes on the first side, 2-3 on the other. 
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2015, 01:29 AM)Benton Wrote: Yup. If you like grilled hot dogs, you'll like grilled flat hot dogs.

I don't know if it's all that crazy, but one of my favorite things to do is cut the center out of red bell pepper. Rinse it out, and fill it with some butter and garlic and salt. Toss it on the grill and just roll it every few minutes. And I've gotten big into grilling catfish. Spread on some Tony Chachere (or however you spell the seasoning) and throw it on for 4-5 minutes on the first side, 2-3 on the other. 

Both sound excellent.....love the Tony Chachere's.....

Reply/Quote
Bologna grosses me out, so I don't have much of an interest in grilling it. I imagine that it would taste pretty similar to a grilled hot dog....another food that grosses me out and I don't eat.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Video 

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2015, 02:32 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Bologna grosses me out, so I don't have much of an interest in grilling it.  I imagine that it would taste pretty similar to a grilled hot dog....another food that grosses me out and I don't eat.

.....but when it's all you have to grill.....and you've been binge drinking and REALLY wanna grill.....and you're a REALLY broke college student.....LMAO

Reply/Quote
(06-05-2015, 09:51 PM)Harmening Wrote: Smoked bologna before.  

This sounds like a pick up line to me.
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2015, 08:21 AM)fredtoast Wrote: This sounds like a pick up line to me.

Works every time.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 11:00 AM)Wyche Wrote: .....but when it's all you have to grill.....and you've been binge drinking and REALLY wanna grill.....and you're a REALLY broke college student.....LMAO

When I was in high school I had a good friend whose father grilled almost every Saturday.  We would often return to his house on Saturday nights and find enough hot coals still left to warm up some food.  Usually we could find some hotdogs in the fridge, but if not we would grill bologna or pretty much any sort of lunchmeat we could find.

Ham and cheese from the grill is pretty damn good.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2015, 02:32 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Bologna grosses me out, so I don't have much of an interest in grilling it.  I imagine that it would taste pretty similar to a grilled hot dog....another food that grosses me out and I don't eat.

dont like wieners?
Reply/Quote
It turned out pretty good. Stuck to the grill pretty bad but I salvaged it well. It was a mix between regular and fried bologna. Made a sandwich with two pieces of cheese three pieces of the meat with some mustard.
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2015, 11:00 PM)Cure4CF Wrote: It turned out pretty good. Stuck to the grill pretty bad but I salvaged it well. It was a mix between regular and fried bologna.  Made a sandwich with two pieces of cheese three pieces of the meat with some mustard.

Trick is very, very low heat. Don't put it over anything glowing (no embers if you charcoal, not a flame above lowest setting on a gas grill).
Reply/Quote
I tried to grill bacon when I was wasted once. Really REALLY bad idea. Friggin grill AND propane tank caught fire and it was a complete inferno. Holy moly.

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2015, 02:20 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I tried to grill bacon when I was wasted once. Really REALLY bad idea. Friggin grill AND propane tank caught fire and it was a complete inferno. Holy moly.

Needed a cast iron grill topper there...
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2015, 02:20 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I tried to grill bacon when I was wasted once. Really REALLY bad idea. Friggin grill AND propane tank caught fire and it was a complete inferno. Holy moly.

I'm glad you said something because I can't believe I hadn't tried this yet.
Reply/Quote
wut
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2015, 06:18 PM)Cure4CF Wrote: I'm glad you said something because I can't believe I hadn't tried this yet.

Don't even think about it. Seriously, almost burnt my freaken car porch down. Bacon grease causes one hellova fire and its really HOT! Had I not remembered where my fire extinguisher was, I would have burnt down the whole friggin city. That fire was so hot, even the paint on the grill was on fire and I thought that shit wasn't flammable. I left the grill for like 3 minutes to "get another beer!"

Reply/Quote

I stuff jalapeno's with cream cheese and wrap them in bacon, then I grill them on charcoal......not a gas grill (because of this ^^^).  Oh buddy, those things are so addictive. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote