Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody still want hue for HC?
Many on these forums were mad when hue left because they wanted him to replace ML as head coach. His record in cleveland so far is 1-19. I said I when he was OC that I thought he often tried to out trick the other team too much with all that pre snap movement and throwing the T eligible play to Fisher about 8 times in 2 yrs when he had guys like Green, Bernard, Eifert, Sanu and Jones to throw to. I also felt he slapped ML in the face by taking a job in the same division as us when he had other offers forthcoming by teams like the NYG and SF. I would have rather had Vance Joseph for our next HC....but that is impossible now. Anybody still want hue?
Reply/Quote
Yes.
I dont blame Hue for the shitstorm that he took on in Cleveland.
That's not his fault.
Reply/Quote
No !

He was never really that high on my board anyways.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 09:06 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Yes.
I dont blame Hue for the shitstorm that he took on in Cleveland.
That's not his fault.

He is complicit. And besides, look at how they have done this year. They gave the steelers a good game, they reverted a bit against Indy, and they get blown out by us. They are trending down, not up, and that's on hue.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 09:03 PM)Beaker Wrote: Many on these forums were mad when hue left because they wanted him to replace ML as head coach. His record in cleveland so far is 1-19. I said I when he was OC that I thought he often tried to out trick the other team too much with all that pre snap movement and throwing the T eligible play to Fisher about 8 times in 2 yrs when he had guys like Green, Bernard, Eifert, Sanu and Jones to throw to. I also felt he slapped ML in the face by taking a job in the same division as us when he had other offers forthcoming by teams like the NYG and SF. I would have rather had Vance Joseph for our next HC....but that is impossible now. Anybody still want hue?

He did give the Bengals 3 easy wins so far since the start of last season. Maybe rather than a slap in the face it was a hug  Hilarious
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
We lost the better head coach to Minnesota. I really liked zimmer
Reply/Quote
Never have wanted him as HC.

Zimmer and Vance Joseph, heck yes and wold take Gruden over him anyway as well. 

Would take him back as an assistant though. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Could see Marvin taking over for him at Cleveland.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I'd take him over Marv in a second... But he's probably the last guy I want to take Marv's place (aside from Paul Alexander of course). Something about Hue just rubs me the wrong way. He'd be better off as a coordinator IMO.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 09:03 PM)Beaker Wrote: Many on these forums were mad when hue left because they wanted him to replace ML as head coach. His record in cleveland so far is 1-19. I said I when he was OC that I thought he often tried to out trick the other team too much with all that pre snap movement and throwing the T eligible play to Fisher about 8 times in 2 yrs when he had guys like Green, Bernard, Eifert, Sanu and Jones to throw to. I also felt he slapped ML in the face by taking a job in the same division as us when he had other offers forthcoming by teams like the NYG and SF. I would have rather had Vance Joseph for our next HC....but that is impossible now. Anybody still want hue?

I'm sorry, but it's the Browns and the Browns' ownership, which might actually be worse than having Mike Brown as owner.

The Browns will fire Hue after this year, then gut the team for the umpteenth time since being reborn. They are perma-bad. At least the Bengals have the occasional span of being above average.

Reply/Quote
Maybe but i would give Zim a shot.
Reply/Quote

I was just thinking about this yesterday! Hue has been terrible in Cleveland.

Not sure I'd want Zimmer either. Zimmer is on the hot seat with the Vikings.

I think that Jay Gruden is the best coach that we've had here as far as HC possibilities.

I can't speak to Vance Joseph yet as he's new.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 09:16 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Never have wanted him as HC.

Zimmer and Vance Joseph, heck yes and wold take Gruden over him anyway as well. 

Would take him back as an assistant though. 

THIS^^^^^^
Reply/Quote
Not really. His coaching demeanor on the sidelines is too much like Marvin, and I for one would like to see a change in that. I would take Jay over both of them tbh.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote

Hell Yea i want him as our OC. He's the only guy who has raised Dalton's level of play to where it needs to be.
Reply/Quote

I'm pretty sure those other "offers" didn't happen, the teams went a different direction. Hue wanted to be a HC very badly and there are only a few jobs available....and yeah I'm sure Marvin was insulted when his OC got a promotion in the same division (kinda like Marvin did back in 2003?).

As for his time here, all he did was help Dalton become an MVP candidate and help this team to arguably its best season in over 25 years. What a bum!
Reply/Quote

I never wanted Hue.  He's a pretty good coordinator and position coach, but has proven to be a horrible HC.  Hue has a 9-27 record as a HC, which is .250.  Dave Shula was 19-52, which is .268.  When Dave Shula is an upgrade, you're trash.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2017, 12:43 AM)Whatever Wrote: I never wanted Hue.  He's a pretty good coordinator and position coach, but has proven to be a horrible HC.  Hue has a 9-27 record as a HC, which is .250.  Dave Shula was 19-52, which is .268.  When Dave Shula is an upgrade, you're trash.

Josh McCown
Johnny Manziel
Austin Davis

These are the QBs the Browns had in 2015 before he took over in 2016.

Cody Kessler
Robert Griffin III
Josh McCown
Kevin Hogan
Charlie Whithurst
DeShone Kizer

Those are the QBs that have thrown passes for him the last 20 games.

The Browns burned their organization completely to the ground after the 2015 season and are still rebuilding it back up. I think the Browns FO is looking at it like they're basically an expansion team. It took the Houston Texans until their 8th year after joining the NFL to have a winning season. I think the Browns always planned on giving Hue 3 years to show progress. Keep in mind they knew they weren't going to be a winning team this year, so they have little incentive to win. It's a baseball FO, and in baseball if you're clearly not going to be good, you tank for a few years, build up a roster of young high draft picks, and then go on your run. The Cubs did it, the Astros did it. Now is it going to translate across sports? Who knows.

Just remember that the Browns have like 5 picks in the first 2 rounds of the 2018 draft, which is supposedly loaded on QBs. I think since they knew they weren't playoff contenders, they don't actually WANT to win that badly. They want another year of high draft picks and they will look to win in 2018. They just can't look like they don't care because I think blatantly and openly tanking is against the rules.

So Hue will get a 3rd year with a 1st or 2nd overall pick QB in a loaded QB draft.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

All that aside and back on the original question, Hue isn't my first pick for Bengals HC, but he couldn't be worse than Marvin.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Yes, i would take johny manziel as head coach iver lewis at this point.
Reply/Quote
I would rather of had Vance Joseph
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote