Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone Else Having Issues with Amazon Lately?
Curious, has anyone else had problems with Amazon lately, specifically with their shipping times?

I placed an order with them exactly 7 days ago. SEVEN days. It's only for 3 items. One of which was a fantasy football draft board, which I have to have by next Friday. It did give me some weird "receive by" window of August 24th-Aug30th. Every item was in stock when I placed my order, and every item is still in stock now.

So what gives? Why the hell are they talking so long to ship an order? And this isn't the first time either. I seem to have more and more issues with them as this year goes by, with deliveries getting slower and slower.

I even called them (huge nightmare, btw) last time to complain about how long it was taking. IMO, in 2016 it's unacceptable to take 9 days before shipping an order that shows in stock. Say you need a a printer and a few other electronics. You could place an oder from Best Buy, Walmart, Ebay, etc. and, for the most part, they are all going to ship your order within 24 hours. You're going to get into somewhere in betwen 1-4 business days. Almost every online retailer operates this way.

So how the hell does Amazon sit on an order for 7 days? I don't know how they aren't losing a ton of business. And from what I understand, it's happening to Prime members too. My very first order as a prime member took 3 days to ship and another 2 days to get to me.

I used to love Amazon. I'm a typical guy, I absolutely hate shopping. HATE it. I hate driving to the store, I hate walking around and browsing, standing in lines, etc. I just find it to be a huge waste of time. So I'm a big user of online stores. Outside of certain clothers, I buy most things online. Amazon is great for odds and ends. I loved it so much I even signed up for an Amazon card. But I'm not sure I can continue to use them.

This is getting to the point where it's almost laughable. Usually people need something on the order in a somewhat timely manner. Amazon used to be my first stop for things like this. I guess not anymore. Cuirous to hear if anyone else shares my frustration.
Reply/Quote
I haven't had any issues. I always get things by the guaranteed date unless it's from a third party seller and not fulfilled by Amazon. Then it could be a shot in the dark, but even then they are usually pretty good. I have gotten nervous sometimes when the guaranteed ship date is the next day and it still says preparing or whatever, then boom, next day it's there.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
Maybe coming from China.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I have not had any problems.

But mostly I buy books and CDs, and they are shipped from many different vendors. So i am not sure Amazon has anything to do with their shipping.
Reply/Quote
I quit using Amazon years ago.

Their customer service is (or was) the best, but I hate their web site (it's great if you know exactly what you're looking for, but not so great if you only have a general idea) and every "guest seller" or whatever they call it screwed up my order. One took about 2 months to get resolved.

I hate WalMart, but I order everything from there, and I can usually pick it up at the store in 2-3 days for free. And they open the package, look at it to make sure it's not broken and what you ordered, so if there's an issue, it gets taken care of without a lot of emailing/phone calls.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2016, 04:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I have not had any problems.

But mostly I buy books and CDs, and they are shipped from many different vendors. 

[Image: PE9fuMx.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Ran into an issue a month and a half ago where I ordered three items slated to arrive over three different days.

First item slated to arrive never did, but tracking stated left at door.

Second item arrived on the day the first item was scheduled, but status said in transit for two more days.

Third item was scheduled 2 days after item 2. It popped up with a message to contact Amazon because, according to them, the address did not exist (even though they've always delivered to me and already got 1/3 of the order to me).

Upon contacting the vendor via Amazon for the 1st and 3rd items, they wanted to send to a different address, so I gave them another option. After another week, both the first and third items arrived. 2 weeks later, either the original item 1 or a replacement they sent out arrived.

Haven't ordered anything from them since, and am almost afraid to...
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2016, 04:16 PM)Benton Wrote:
I hate WalMart
, but I order everything from there, and I can usually pick it up at the store in 2-3 days for free. And they open the package, look at it to make sure it's not broken and what you ordered, so if there's an issue, it gets taken care of without a lot of emailing/phone calls.

Given the rest of your post, this post makes zero sense. You basically just said "I hate them, but I love what they do for me".  Very confusing
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2016, 11:58 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Curious, has anyone else had problems with Amazon lately, specifically with their shipping times?

I placed an order with them exactly 7 days ago. SEVEN days.  It's only for 3 items.  One of which was a fantasy football draft board, which I have to have by next Friday.  It did give me some weird "receive by" window of August 24th-Aug30th.  Every item was in stock when I placed my order, and every item is still in stock now.

So what gives?  Why the hell are they talking so long to ship an order?  And this isn't the first time either.  I seem to have more and more issues with them as this year goes by, with deliveries getting slower and slower.

I even called them (huge nightmare, btw) last time to complain about how long it was taking.  IMO, in 2016 it's unacceptable to take 9 days before shipping an order that shows in stock.  Say you need a a printer and a few other electronics.  You could place an oder from Best Buy, Walmart, Ebay, etc. and, for the most part, they are all going to ship your order within 24 hours.  You're going to get into somewhere in betwen 1-4 business days.  Almost every online retailer operates this way.

So how the hell does Amazon sit on an order for 7 days?  I don't know how they aren't losing a ton of business.  And from what I understand, it's happening to Prime members too.  My very first order as a prime member took 3 days to ship and another 2 days to get to me.

I used to love Amazon.  I'm a typical guy, I absolutely hate shopping.  HATE it. I hate driving to the store, I hate walking around and browsing, standing in lines, etc. I just find it to be a huge waste of time.  So I'm a big user of online stores.  Outside of certain clothers, I buy most things online.  Amazon is great for odds and ends.  I loved it so much I even signed up for an Amazon card.  But I'm not sure I can continue to use them.  

This is getting to the point where it's almost laughable.  Usually people need something on the order in a somewhat timely manner.  Amazon used to be my first stop for things like this.  I guess not anymore.  Cuirous to hear if anyone else shares my frustration.

I have always had problems like this with Amazon. If you need it by a certain date best to go physically find it yourself or order it with a "guaranteed" delivery date 7-28 days before you actually need it.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2016, 04:16 PM)Benton Wrote: I quit using Amazon years ago.

Their customer service is (or was) the best, but I hate their web site (it's great if you know exactly what you're looking for, but not so great if you only have a general idea) and every "guest seller" or whatever they call it screwed up my order. One took about 2 months to get resolved.

I hate WalMart, but I order everything from there, and I can usually pick it up at the store in 2-3 days for free. And they open the package, look at it to make sure it's not broken and what you ordered, so if there's an issue, it gets taken care of without a lot of emailing/phone calls.

While that all makes perfect sense and sounds lovely, you are still consorting with the Devil. (I am not saying I don't occasionally hang out with him too.)

Be careful Luke. The Dark Side could completely overcome you.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2016, 01:43 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Given the rest of your post, this post makes zero sense. You basically just said "I hate them, but I love what they do for me".  Very confusing

What, you never used a prostitute?
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2016, 02:09 PM)xxlt Wrote: What, you never used a prostitute?

Touche' 
I have no problem with the worlds oldest profession. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2016, 04:16 PM)Benton Wrote: I quit using Amazon years ago.

We won't even order from them....of course, we have options, Target, Meijer, etc....but I would honestly drive out of my way to avoid The Evil Empire at all costs.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2016, 11:58 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Curious, has anyone else had problems with Amazon lately, specifically with their shipping times?

I placed an order with them exactly 7 days ago. SEVEN days.  It's only for 3 items.  One of which was a fantasy football draft board, which I have to have by next Friday.  It did give me some weird "receive by" window of August 24th-Aug30th.  Every item was in stock when I placed my order, and every item is still in stock now.

So what gives?  Why the hell are they talking so long to ship an order?  And this isn't the first time either.  I seem to have more and more issues with them as this year goes by, with deliveries getting slower and slower.

I even called them (huge nightmare, btw) last time to complain about how long it was taking.  IMO, in 2016 it's unacceptable to take 9 days before shipping an order that shows in stock.  Say you need a a printer and a few other electronics.  You could place an oder from Best Buy, Walmart, Ebay, etc. and, for the most part, they are all going to ship your order within 24 hours.  You're going to get into somewhere in betwen 1-4 business days.  Almost every online retailer operates this way.

So how the hell does Amazon sit on an order for 7 days?  I don't know how they aren't losing a ton of business.  And from what I understand, it's happening to Prime members too.  My very first order as a prime member took 3 days to ship and another 2 days to get to me.

I used to love Amazon.  I'm a typical guy, I absolutely hate shopping.  HATE it. I hate driving to the store, I hate walking around and browsing, standing in lines, etc. I just find it to be a huge waste of time.  So I'm a big user of online stores.  Outside of certain clothers, I buy most things online.  Amazon is great for odds and ends.  I loved it so much I even signed up for an Amazon card.  But I'm not sure I can continue to use them.  

This is getting to the point where it's almost laughable.  Usually people need something on the order in a somewhat timely manner.  Amazon used to be my first stop for things like this.  I guess not anymore.  Cuirous to hear if anyone else shares my frustration.

I ordered the draft board from them with Cam on it and it was to my house in 3 days.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
No they have been fine with me. I had no issues at all.
Happy Halloween
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2016, 04:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I have not had any problems.

But mostly I buy books and CDs, and they are shipped from many different vendors.  So i am not sure Amazon has anything to do with their shipping.

You jinxed me.  My last order was over a week late.  Not a huge tragedy, but I hope it is not a sign of things to come.
Reply/Quote
Where the eff are these delivery drones they've been promising us?
Reply/Quote