Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone Else Here Watch Lucifer?
Just curious if anyone else who watches this show.

I really enjoy it, but I'm a sucker for that type of material. Pretty much anything fictual to do angels and demons, and biblical figures I'll watch.

Looks like season 5B will be out here next month. Looking forward to it.
Reply/Quote
Thanks for the heads up on season 5B. My wife really digs that show, and I don''t mind watching it with her.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
FREAKING LOVE THAT SHOW!

I'm stoked that 5B is coming soon, but I got bummed out a few weeks back when I saw they wrapped the final table read for the series. Season 6 is the end of the road...
Reply/Quote
My wife was really into it (weird how a hot hedonistic guy can suggest all sorts of weird stuff, but when I do it's creepy). He made a cameo on the CW's DC shows I watch and I called my wife in... I thin, that ruined the show for her.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2021, 12:14 AM)Benton Wrote: He made a cameo on the CW's DC shows I watch and I called my wife in... I thin, that ruined the show for her.

I had no clue when I started watching that the character on the show was based on a DC comics character.  The idea of Lucifer existing in the same world as Superman and Batman is pretty nuts.

Fwiw, once I found out I immediately googled "Lucifer vs. Superman".  Apparently Lucifer wins in a landslide, which I guess shouldn't be a shock.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2021, 01:29 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I had no clue when I started watching that the character on the show was based on a DC comics character.  The idea of Lucifer existing in the same world as Superman and Batman is pretty nuts.

Fwiw, once I found out I immediately googled "Lucifer vs. Superman".  Apparently Lucifer wins in a landslide, which I guess shouldn't be a shock.

Interesting, I didn't know Lucifer was on the same Earth as Superman (I don't know how familiar you are with DC stuff so you may already know, but there's a ton of different realities in DC). But that makes sense. Superman has a weakness against the green stuff, but also to magic. I assume they classify what Lucifer does as magic.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2021, 11:03 PM)Benton Wrote: Interesting, I didn't know Lucifer was on the same Earth as Superman (I don't know how familiar you are with DC stuff so you may already know, but there's a ton of different realities in DC). But that makes sense. Superman has a weakness against the green stuff, but also to magic. I assume they classify what Lucifer does as magic.

You know, there's a good chance I misspoke.  It's probably they exist in the same universe, not world.  I'm honestly not sure.

Fwiw, I'm assuming you're talking about Crisis on Infinite Earths?  I was tempted to try to watch that but I've haven't seen any of the CW shows before.  But I did used to watch Smallville back in the day, and when I heard Lucifer was on there I thought about giving it a try.

Apparently Lucifer has pretty much every power known to man.  He can do all sorts of crazy shit in the comics (immortality, time travel, bringing dreams into reality, raising the dead, etc.)  I think he ranks below only whatever the DC universe calls God (the Creator or something?). 

I just sort of stumbled upon some youtube vids when I did some googling about the character.  After watching them I'm kinda bummed they nerfed him on the show.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2021, 02:32 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: You know, there's a good chance I misspoke.  It's probably they exist in the same universe, not world.  I'm honestly not sure.

Fwiw, I'm assuming you're talking about Crisis on Infinite Earths?  I was tempted to try to watch that but I've haven't seen any of the CW shows before.  But I did used to watch Smallville back in the day, and when I heard Lucifer was on there I thought about giving it a try.

Apparently Lucifer has pretty much every power known to man.  He can do all sorts of crazy shit in the comics (immortality, time travel, bringing dreams into reality, raising the dead, etc.)  I think he ranks below only whatever the DC universe calls God (the Creator or something?). 

I just sort of stumbled upon some youtube vids when I did some googling about the character.  After watching them I'm kinda bummed they nerfed him on the show.

Yeah, he had a cameo in the last crossover. It was pretty cool as his show was on fox or netflix, they brought in the smallville superman, the guy who did batman's voice in the old cartoon, etc. 

I've kind of lost interest in the cw shows. The first few seasons of arrow were solid and I still watch the flash, but outside of that I don't keep up with them. The crossovers are fun but I don't know of it's worth finding all the episodes if you're not really into one of them.
Reply/Quote
Lucifer is the name of various mythological and religious figures associated with the planet Venus. Due to the unique movements and discontinuous appearances of Venus in the sky, mythology surrounding these figures often involved a fall from the heavens to earth or the underworld. Interpretations of a similar term in the Hebrew Bible, translated in the King James Version as the proper name "Lucifer", led to a Christian tradition of applying the name Lucifer, and its associated stories of a fall from heaven, to Satan, but modern scholarship generally translates the term in the relevant Bible passage as "morning star" or "shining one" rather than as a proper name, "Lucifer".

*cut and paste*
Reply/Quote