Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone Had A Tooth Pulled?!
Had three and a half teeth knocked out in the wreck: two on top and one and a half on the bottom. One on the bottom was also bent and sat at an angle.

It recently became infected and I had to have it pulled.

The dentist numbed up my mouth and then pretty much carved it and pulled it out.

Even with the numbing, it was one of the worst pains I've ever felt and I've felt a lot in a lot of different ways.

Did he mess up numbing it or is it really that painful?

I can see why pulling teeth is a torture tactic.
Reply/Quote
I had one that got infected. Went to my old man's and got drunk, he pulled it out with pliers wrapped in a paper towel. Bled real bad, but I don't remember any pain.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Some times if there is an abscess or infection it can keep the painkiller from working as well.

An active dental infection will usually result in the presence of pus. In most cases, the pus is acidic. Conversely, dental anesthetics (lidocaine, novcaine, etc.) function best in slightly basic environments. The end result is that the unique chemistry of the infection “deactivates” the local anesthetic, making it so that more anesthetic is needed. And in cases of severe infections, sometimes you simply cannot get the patient 100% numb.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2020, 10:42 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Some times if there is an abscess or infection it can keep the painkiller from working as well.

An active dental infection will usually result in the presence of pus. In most cases, the pus is acidic. Conversely, dental anesthetics (lidocaine, novcaine, etc.) function best in slightly basic environments. The end result is that the unique chemistry of the infection “deactivates” the local anesthetic, making it so that more anesthetic is needed. And in cases of severe infections, sometimes you simply cannot get the patient 100% numb.

My method is quicker.   Ninja
Reply/Quote
It can, just depends on the nerve. And if any of the root gets broken off. If it did, the dentist may leave it (it'll work itself out in a few days) or he may agitate the gum trying to get the root out.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2020, 10:42 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Some times if there is an abscess or infection it can keep the painkiller from working as well.

Yeah... I had to pretty much just take the pain when I had one pulled a few years back. It was brutal. Then a couple of days later I was at the movie theater with my now ex wife watching Gone Girl. I felt a tiny pop on my gums, and my entire jaw started to tingle. It was the sweetest damn release when that infection finally broke. I remember shovelling food in my mouth for hours after that.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2020, 09:41 PM)jason Wrote: It was the sweetest damn release when that infection finally broke. I remember shovelling food in my mouth for hours after that.

Did this make anyone else throw up in their mouth a little?   Sick
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2020, 10:31 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Did this make anyone else throw up in their mouth a little?   Sick

I thought the "I had to just take it" comment was better.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2020, 10:49 PM)jason Wrote: I thought the "I had to just take it" comment was better.

Well, it was good, but it didn't make me burp vomit.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2020, 02:28 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Had three and a half teeth knocked out in the wreck: two on top and one and a half on the bottom.  One on the bottom was also bent and sat at an angle.

It recently became infected and I had to have it pulled.  

The dentist numbed up my mouth and then pretty much carved it and pulled it out.

Even with the numbing, it was one of the worst pains I've ever felt and I've felt a lot in a lot of different ways.

Did he mess up numbing it or is it really that painful?

I can see why pulling teeth is a torture tactic.

ever heard that expression its like pulling teeth?  yeah  
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2020, 12:52 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: ever heard that expression its like pulling teeth?  yeah  

I figured that just meant it's hard to do or tedious process?

I usually heard it when people were referring to working with someone who was bullheaded, meaning that you needed to keep hammering away.

I guess it could mean both but I just never associated actual pain with that saying.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2020, 06:00 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I figured that just meant it's hard to do or tedious process?

I usually heard it when people were referring to working with someone who was bullheaded, meaning that you needed to keep hammering away.

I guess it could mean both but I just never associated actual pain with that saying.

All you really need Brad ;
[Image: ci-bacardi-superior-rum-dfd1809889854320...m=jpg&q=20]
Reply/Quote
I had my wisdom teeth removed and my IQ dropped ten points.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2020, 10:20 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I had my wisdom teeth removed and my IQ dropped ten points.

LMAO
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2020, 06:06 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: All you really need Brad ;
[Image: ci-bacardi-superior-rum-dfd1809889854320...m=jpg&q=20]
I drink Tito's, then I was hanging out with this Russian babe at the liquor store behind my place and a friend came in and bought me a bottle of Grey Goose, and then I have about ten bottles of bourbon I won all worth over $120.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2020, 09:31 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I drink Tito's, then I was hanging out with this Russian babe at the liquor store behind my place and a friend came in and bought me a bottle of Grey Goose, and then I have about ten bottles of bourbon I won all worth over $120.

Well, guzzle those down and you won't feel a thing!   Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2020, 05:19 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Well, guzzle those down and you won't feel a thing!   Hilarious

I went in because I was in pain but I had no clue they were going to pull it or I would have shown up too drunk to spell my own name on my Lightwriter that talks for me!

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2020, 05:28 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I went in because I was in pain but I had no clue they were going to pull it or I would have shown up too drunk to spell my own name on my Lightwriter that talks for me!

Hilarious

Welp, you blew it!   Tongue  Always go to the dentist trashed.  That's my motto.   LMAO
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2020, 05:45 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Welp, you blew it!   Tongue  Always go to the dentist trashed.  That's my motto.   LMAO

I'll remember that next time  LMAO

That's actually a GREAT idea, but the problem is that I'm German-Irish an come from a long line of alcoholics, so it takes me A LOT to get drunk and A LOT MORE to not be able to remember everything that happened!

Plus, if I show up that drunk, I'll be drooling on myself and I'll feel stupid if the dentist is just like "everything looks all clear, so we just need a cleaning!"

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2020, 05:45 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Welp, you blew it!   Tongue  Always go to the dentist trashed.  That's my motto.   LMAO

I should also do that when I go to my rehab doctor to get botox put in my leg (because the toes on my left foot curl under and I can't control it, so the botox makes them relax), because it's so painful that the doctor usually gives people drugs that are so strong that people can't function for a full day after, but I never wanted that feeling, so I just take it like a champ!

Hilarious

The second time I ever had it done, I had my headphones on and was just listening to music and not even flinching while the doctor was putting the needles and chemicals into my legs, and these nurses all had their mouths wide open and were in shock that I had that my pain tolerance was that high!

LMAO
Reply/Quote