Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone Heard Any Rumors?
(03-28-2018, 02:14 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: It's going to happen.  EVERYONE in the league knows that the Bengals are sitting with 2 backups - that couldn't even beat out the worst center in the league.  There's no way we go into next year with those two.

That being said, I can easily see a scenario where the Ravens take Daniels or Price at #16 and then someone moves up to #20 to take the other one.

I know, I know, Centers never go early in the draft, but it only takes one team to start a run at a position.  Who thought that Corey Davis, Mike Williams and John Ross would go before pick 10 last year?

Does not tell them if the Bengals are seeking one in first, second, or like one they believe will fall. 

He should not be giving out info and FO is correct in claiming they are happy with what they have. 

Pollack may be too, we do not know his plans yet. Hope we grab one in second round personally. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I heard on the NFLN yesterday, that teams are looking at these top Center in RD2 and they all pretty much pick before us. If we want a top notch center, we had better go in Rd1, unless the Bengals think they get Wynn to play the position.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2018, 12:12 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: The only "rumor" I heard was that Lap said on a podcast that he would go with Price at #21.

Now, that's his opinion, but he always nails things the week of the draft - including the Ced and Fisher picks.

Music to my ears. Price or Ragnow at 21 please or trade back a little bit and grab one of them. Do not wait to 46.

Don't believe the Ravens will take one of these guys at 16 but they most definately would in the 2nd ahead of us IMO.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2018, 02:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Music to my ears. Price or Ragnow at 21 please or trade back a little bit and grab one of them. Do not wait to 46.

Don't believe the Ravens will take one of these guys at 16 but they most definately would in the 2nd ahead of us IMO.

They would have to trade up in that scenario, remember, the Ravens pick after the Bengals in the second round (it's the trade with the Bills that has us picking five spots after the Ravens in the first). I don't think they would trade up (and give up a fourth) to get a center, but you never know.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2018, 02:42 PM)masterpanthera_t Wrote: They would have to trade up in that scenario, remember, the Ravens pick after the Bengals in the second round (it's the trade with the Bills that has us picking five spots after the Ravens in the first). I don't think they would trade up (and give up a fourth) to get a center, but you never know.

Ah, thanks man, the trade screwed me up. Shocked

In this case we have a better chance at one of the top 3 Centers i just don't want to gamble and wait.

We need a decent Center more than any team besides the Ravens pretty much. I want Ragnow or Price man.
Reply/Quote
It is said that everybody knows Bengals are drafting a Center in first round.

Have went from mock to mock and am not seeing anybody mocking Centers in first round to Bengals.

See a lot of Guards predicted and really am not seeing any Centers taken in 1st round by any team.

Am still fine if Pollack sees his clear cut guy and pounces on him early. But he may also be ranking several that are basically the same and wait a round as well.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2018, 01:12 AM)Go Cards Wrote: It is said that everybody knows Bengals are drafting a Center in first round.

Have went from mock to mock and am not seeing anybody mocking Centers in first round to Bengals.

See a lot of Guards predicted and really am not seeing any Centers taken in 1st round by any team.

Am still fine if Pollack sees his clear cut guy and pounces on him early. But he may also be ranking several that are basically the same and wait a round as well.

There is another name out there that is hard to spell, starts with a Q, but supposed to be a real solid Center...
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2018, 01:12 AM)Go Cards Wrote: It is said that everybody knows Bengals are drafting a Center in first round.

Not saying that Marvin is Paul Brown, the didn't everyone act shocked when Bob Johnson was the first draft pick in franchise history? Brown understood how foundational a good center was to football success, but it doesn't shock me that people still undervalue the position. We want to be able to run up the middle. Andy needs someone to keep people out of his face. I'm fine with us taking one in the first. It won't shock me if we don't though. I think a good one will be there for us in Round 2. They're going to go BPA in the first. DLine or LB. Just a guess, I guess. LOL
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2018, 02:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: There is another name out there that is hard to spell, starts with a Q, but supposed to be a real solid Center...

Anyone with a last name starting with "Q" poses risk of deportation mid-season. Do we want to take that risk? Does sound like a Mike move though? Hilarious 

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2018, 03:34 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Anyone with a last name starting with "Q" poses risk of deportation mid-season. Do we want to take that risk? Does sound like a Mike move though? Hilarious 

lol

The name is like Quessinow or some shit, don't feel like looking it up.
Reply/Quote

Well, back when we were picking #12, a ton of guys had us taking a LB.  We all know that wasn't going to happen.

The media generally doesn't have a good feel for the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2018, 05:36 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Well, back when we were picking #12, a ton of guys had us taking a LB.  We all know that wasn't going to happen.

The media generally doesn't have a good feel for the Bengals.

Lots of them don't have a clue. Lots of media mocks have us taking a QB in the 1st.

Not a chance. Mikey thinks we are in a win now mode regardless of what anybody else thinks out there.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2018, 05:03 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: lol

The name is like Quessinow or some shit, don't feel like looking it up.

Quessenberry from UCLA
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2018, 07:06 PM)pulses Wrote: Quessenberry from UCLA

Thank you, reps. Hilarious

Heard this guy was pretty solid as well.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2018, 07:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thank you, reps. Hilarious

Heard this guy was pretty solid as well.

I'm not too big on Pac 12 OLmen, don't forget that Fisher was a "beast" coming out of Oregon.  I don't know what their teaching those guys out there, but it just isn't translating to the NFL.  We're pretty far removed from the days of USC churning out guys like Anthony Munoz, year after year.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2018, 02:44 PM)Shady Wrote: Not saying that Marvin is Paul Brown, the didn't everyone act shocked when Bob Johnson was the first draft pick in franchise history? Brown understood how foundational a good center was to football success, but it doesn't shock me that people still undervalue the position. We want to be able to run up the middle. Andy needs someone to keep people out of his face. I'm fine with us taking one in the first. It won't shock me if we don't though. I think a good one will be there for us in Round 2. They're going to go BPA in the first. DLine or LB. Just a guess, I guess. LOL

Agree it is paramount to have a great center and even mocked and begged for Travis Frederick to be taken in 1st round by the Bengals. 

But do not see a Travis Frederick in this class. Like I have stated many times, if Pollack does ? Then think he should pounce and will celebrate about it. If he sees several bunched up about the same then should grab a guard, tackle, or LB in 1st round. 

Not opposed to taking Center if one is clearly better than others. But what I am seeing and reading everybody has a different order of top 3 or 4 guys. 

Would not pass a Wynn, Hernandez, or Edmunds if there, unless Pollack thinks one is head and shoulders above the rest.

Not arguing actually agree with you and could see it being DL too.  Sweating bullets until the draft and as long as we do not take a WR, QB, or RB in first am probably going to be happy.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2018, 12:22 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Agree it is paramount to have a great center and even mocked and begged for Travis Frederick to be taken in 1st round by the Bengals. 

But do not see a Travis Frederick in this class. Like I have stated many times, if Pollack does ? Then think he should pounce and will celebrate about it. If he sees several bunched up about the same then should grab a guard, tackle, or LB in 1st round. 

Not opposed to taking Center if one is clearly better than others. But what I am seeing and reading everybody has a different order of top 3 or 4 guys. 

Would not pass a Wynn, Hernandez, or Edmunds if there, unless Pollack thinks one is head and shoulders above the rest.

Not arguing actually agree with you and could see it being DL too.  Sweating bullets until the draft and as long as we do not take a WR, QB, or RB in first am probably going to be happy.

Amen to all that. Wynn and Hernadez are both amazing Olinemen. They are very different players, but I'd be happy with either of them. I don't know why people seem to think Wynn couldn't play OT at the NFL level.  That guy has masterful technique for such a young player.  And Edmunds is out of this world good. He'd make Burfict the second best LB on the Bengals. I know there's alot to be seen, but that's the kind of talent I see in him. I wouldn't be mad if we traded up agqain to get him. We had a shot at him before the Cordy Glenn trade. I really can't see him slide to 21. If he does, take him.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
I like the S.EC. it has the toughest linemen, their teams are always in the playoffs, these guys are used to hitting hard. U. of Ala. runs team like a big scientific experiment, everything is cutting edge, when U of Ala. uses a tool all the other SEC. teams follow them.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2018, 09:28 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm not too big on Pac 12 OLmen, don't forget that Fisher was a "beast" coming out of Oregon.  I don't know what their teaching those guys out there, but it just isn't translating to the NFL.  We're pretty far removed from the days of USC churning out guys like Anthony Munoz, year after year.

Yeah but i still like a few guys this year from the PAC 12. Kolton Miller and Tyrell Crosby to name a couple.

Martin has done alright in the NFL.

But i want Ragnow man. Isiaah Wynn of course is my 2nd favorite guy for us. These guys are SEC.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2018, 09:28 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm not too big on Pac 12 OLmen, don't forget that Fisher was a "beast" coming out of Oregon.  I don't know what their teaching those guys out there, but it just isn't translating to the NFL.  We're pretty far removed from the days of USC churning out guys like Anthony Munoz, year after year.

There were a number of folks concerned about him - one of the knocks being he wasn't strong enough to anchor.  But he was athletic, which was always a strong bait for Alexander.   Hard to know what would have happened without all the injuries.  But a) he had all the injuries and b) last year when he had a full camp he was not doing all that well before he got injured.

It is really interesting to read about everyone's rendition of that draft - days one and two.  Universally everyone says they went nuts both days.

I know I did.  I was so happy one of my children was not riding in the car.  They would have taken me to psychiatric emergency services.   My wife just would have slapped me.

It was the worst two days of a draft that I've ever gone through other than the Akili Smith debacle.

I know we don't know all that much.   But I want to know why we've been more on the mark on both of those draft days.  We were right and they were wrong.  All of us ignoramuses.

Something is messed up down at PBS.   I only have guesses.  But I'd say there's a better than good chance I'm right. 
Reply/Quote