Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone Heard Any Rumors?
(03-31-2018, 12:22 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Agree it is paramount to have a great center and even mocked and begged for Travis Frederick to be taken in 1st round by the Bengals. 

But do not see a Travis Frederick in this class. Like I have stated many times, if Pollack does ? Then think he should pounce and will celebrate about it. If he sees several bunched up about the same then should grab a guard, tackle, or LB in 1st round. 

Not opposed to taking Center if one is clearly better than others. But what I am seeing and reading everybody has a different order of top 3 or 4 guys. 

Would not pass a Wynn, Hernandez, or Edmunds if there, unless Pollack thinks one is head and shoulders above the rest.

Not arguing actually agree with you and could see it being DL too.  Sweating bullets until the draft and as long as we do not take a WR, QB, or RB in first am probably going to be happy.
Love all those guys.  Wynn is a stud.  Not the power guy we're looking for, but he's just such a good lineman.   I really like McGinchley and Ragnow too.   There are a lot of options.   It will be critical to get two really good players in the first and 2nd round.   And at least one of them better be a heck of an offensive lineman.   I'd really love two.  I'd love to see us be able to run the ball and protect Dalton consistently.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I heard a rumor.

They say you got a broken heart
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2018, 03:34 PM)3wt Wrote: Love all those guys.  Wynn is a stud.  Not the power guy we're looking for, but he's just such a good lineman.   I really like McGinchley and Ragnow too.   There are a lot of options.   It will be critical to get two really good players in the first and 2nd round.   And at least one of them better be a heck of an offensive lineman.   I'd really love two.  I'd love to see us be able to run the ball and protect Dalton consistently.

My prediction--unless McGlinchey is there at 21, the first pick will not be  an OLineman and the second might not be either.

We will not draft Price or Ragnow. 

The way Goebbels keeps spouting off about the next C already being on the roster(a thing he keeps saying over and over again), I am inclined to actually believe him.  If a C is drafted, it won't be until Day 3.  Hope like hell I am wrong but the vibe on this is very strong.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
It's still hard for me to believe they take a center at 21.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2018, 08:20 PM)McC Wrote: My prediction--unless McGlinchey is there at 21, the first pick will not be  an OLineman and the second might not be either.

We will not draft Price or Ragnow. 

The way Goebbels keeps spouting off about the next C already being on the roster(a thing he keeps saying over and over again), I am inclined to actually believe him.  If a C is drafted, it won't be until Day 3.  Hope like hell I am wrong but the vibe on this is very strong.

Well I agree they will probably not take a guard or center at 21.  In which case I pray they take a center at 46.  
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2018, 10:47 PM)3wt Wrote: Well I agree they will probably not take a guard or center at 21.  In which case I pray they take a center at 46.  

Unless one of the top 10 prospects falls to #21, I don't see any other option for them.  
Reply/Quote
One of the talking heads on NFL radio (I can't remember which show I was listening to) has the Bengals taking Jackson in the first round, knowing he will take a couple of years to learn. While I would love to get Lamar in the second, I'll be most unhappy if they take him with the first round pick.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2018, 09:36 PM)jj22 Wrote: It's still hard for me to believe they take a center at 21.

Same. I think if they want to take a C early and they are worried their guy won't be available at 46, I can see them either trade back from 21 or trade up from 46.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2018, 11:06 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Same. I think if they want to take a C early and they are worried their guy won't be available at 46, I can see them either trade back from 21 or trade up from 46.

I kind of wonder if a trade back at 21 may be the play, especially if multiple centers are on the board. The key thought would be to stay inside the 1st even if it's at 32 so that we get the 5th year option. I would normally agree we wouldn't take a center in the 1st except we have broken a bunch of those "Bengals never..." things over the last few years. With Pollack on staff able to stress the impact taking Frederick had for the Cowboys O line I think it's definitely possible.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2018, 03:34 PM)3wt Wrote: Love all those guys.  Wynn is a stud.  Not the power guy we're looking for, but he's just such a good lineman.   I really like McGinchley and Ragnow too.   There are a lot of options.   It will be critical to get two really good players in the first and 2nd round.   And at least one of them better be a heck of an offensive lineman.   I'd really love two.  I'd love to see us be able to run the ball and protect Dalton consistently.

Agree 

except think Wynn could play here

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2018, 11:06 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Same. I think if they want to take a C early and they are worried their guy won't be available at 46, I can see them either trade back from 21 or trade up from 46.

Like trading up from 46 personally. We have more picks than we will keep anyway. 

Believe we need quality over quantity this year more than ever per having to find starters.   

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2018, 12:30 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Like trading up from 46 personally. We have more picks than we will keep anyway. 

Believe we need quality over quantity this year more than ever per having to find starters.   

I'd say Bengals are 1-4 good starters away from being a top contender again.
Those spots are C for sure, and maybe RG, RT, and NT if you don't have confidence in the guys already on the team. Out of all the spots, I have least confidence in RT.
I can understand the team also wanting to find some depth at LB, FS, and a pass catcher as insurance.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2018, 11:29 AM)Au165 Wrote: I kind of wonder if a trade back at 21 may be the play, especially if multiple centers are on the board. The key thought would be to stay inside the 1st even if it's at 32 so that we get the 5th year option. I would normally agree we wouldn't take a center in the 1st except we have broken a bunch of those "Bengals never..." things over the last few years. With Pollack on staff able to stress the impact taking Frederick had for the Cowboys O line I think it's definitely possible.

Definitely seems plausible. I wouldn't rule out a tradeback into the like 33-35 range either. The only drawback is not having the 5th year option, but I don't know how much the Bengals would care about that if it's a C. The option for a C in 2018 would be above $5 mill so I expect that with the rising cap and continuing increase of interior OL salaries that it will get well above $6 mill by 2022. So they may decide to either extend or draft yet another replacement. The cost in savings of a late 1st rounder vs 33-35 is still a savings of about $2-3 mill over the course of four years, which should about cover the difference between a 5th year option and new contract if the team was willing to pay $9-10 mill a year for a C on his second contract (I can give an example of this if there's confusion).
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-28-2018, 12:33 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Has anyone heard any rumors about who we're thinking about taking from Marvin or from anyone else with any inside knowledge of the Bengals?

Bengals said after money they spent first days of F/A that this meant they could not resign Bodine, Hill and probably Pacman.  They said they will have to replace Bodine but not in F/a or they would have just kept Bodine.  Bengals say very possible first round will be used to get a center.  Bengals met with center Price of Ohio State last week.  Now in the combine he had a bench press injury, but news is he is fine and he will be as ready as anybody in drat to go into practices and preseason. 

There are rumors it won't be center in one. You can bet your astro turf it will be a center in either one or two. They have to. They let their center go and that makes 4 of the 5 linemen in 2015 start of 8-0 gone.  People saying Bengals have players on team to put at center are crazy.  If you didn't like Bodine, do you really want his horse meat back up  ?  NO.   They had better draft the best center in the draft, and I'm all for round one.  Basic Football 101 is protect superstar. protect QB.  The Bengals are worse at center. You fans may not have liked Bodine, but now we have no center.  Dalton will get killed, Mixon will get killed, if we don't draft a center early. It will be Klingler and KiJana Carter getting killed all over again, only Dalton and Mixon.  

This is not a rumor. With Bodine gone, Bengals have no center. No, Bodine's back-ups, heck no. Bengals have no center. That is no rumor, that is a fact.  Forget Best Available Athlete stuff.  Bengals need a center and for Bengals, center is the best available athlete on the board because they have no center.  Can't play season without a center.  Good to hear Bengals say probably round one.  Look, if they draft Price and he plays to 2030 at center and is best center since Bob Johnson on this team, we all look back happy that they took a center when they needed a center.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2018, 01:21 PM)kevin Wrote: Bengals said after money they spent first days of F/A that this meant they could not resign Bodine, Hill and probably Pacman.  They said they will have to replace Bodine but not in F/a or they would have just kept Bodine.  Bengals say very possible first round will be used to get a center.  Bengals met with center Price of Ohio State last week.  Now in the combine he had a bench press injury, but news is he is fine and he will be as ready as anybody in drat to go into practices and preseason. 

There are rumors it won't be center in one. You can bet your astro turf it will be a center in either one or two. They have to. They let their center go and that makes 4 of the 5 linemen in 2015 start of 8-0 gone.  People saying Bengals have players on team to put at center are crazy.  If you didn't like Bodine, do you really want his horse meat back up  ?  NO.   They had better draft the best center in the draft, and I'm all for round one.  Basic Football 101 is protect superstar. protect QB.  The Bengals are worse at center. You fans may not have liked Bodine, but now we have no center.  Dalton will get killed, Mixon will get killed, if we don't draft a center early. It will be Klingler and KiJana Carter getting killed all over again, only Dalton and Mixon.  

This is not a rumor. With Bodine gone, Bengals have no center. No, Bodine's back-ups, heck no. Bengals have no center. That is no rumor, that is a fact.  Forget Best Available Athlete stuff.  Bengals need a center and for Bengals, center is the best available athlete on the board because they have no center.  Can't play season without a center.  Good to hear Bengals say probably round one.  Look, if they draft Price and he plays to 2030 at center and is best center since Bob Johnson on this team, we all look back happy that they took a center when they needed a center.

I mean you may be right, the Bengals may consider center enough of a priority to take in 1.

But I doubt it.  And those of us who feel that way don't feel that way about the importance/ urgency of getting a good center, it is the history of the Bengals' decision-making and the priority THEY do not place on that position, the guard position or the safety position. 

The hope is that getting a top notch center is part of Marvin's agenda, and we end up with one.
Reply/Quote
No Rumors but I think the Bengals will shock some by taking Price at 21. Price has that nasty demeanor like Rich B did. I would hope for Wynn or Hernandez at 21 and Price in round 2. I can only hope.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2018, 11:29 AM)Au165 Wrote: I kind of wonder if a trade back at 21 may be the play, especially if multiple centers are on the board. The key thought would be to stay inside the 1st even if it's at 32 so that we get the 5th year option. I would normally agree we wouldn't take a center in the 1st except we have broken a bunch of those "Bengals never..." things over the last few years. With Pollack on staff able to stress the impact taking Frederick had for the Cowboys O line I think it's definitely possible.

I really hope like hell this is the case.  I just can't help being worried that Goebbels has said so many times not to expect a C in the first.  Now, he's even talking day 3.  Occasionally, Hobs gets something right.  Please don't let this be one of those times.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Price is the Center that was described as "Irritable", right? ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2018, 10:03 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Price is the Center that was described as "Irritable", right? ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp

Yep! He has a mean streak and that’s the kind of guy I want at the core of our offensive line!
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2018, 04:28 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: No Rumors but I think the Bengals will shock some by taking Price at 21.  Price has that nasty demeanor like Rich B did.  I would hope for Wynn or Hernandez at 21 and Price in round 2.  I can only hope.

Ragnow is my #1 choice for C.
He also has the mean streak and power that we believe Pollack will want.
He has more experience at C compared to Billy Price (2 years vs 1).
He's healthy now whereas Price is not.
Better technically than Price.
Never allowed a sack in his collegiate career.
Rated top C in NCAA last year and 2016 according to PFF before he went down to injury last October. Only injury he had in all collegiate career was just his high ankle sprain.
Consistently good every year for Arkansas, who is not a top SEC team but does go up against really good competition every year (arguably best conference).

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/roster/frank-ragnow/
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote