Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone but...
(04-19-2023, 06:17 PM)jj22 Wrote: Cleveland, Pittsburg, and Baltimore's run game will flatten Kancey. He's a tweener and we already have those DE/DT type tweeners in Sample and Carter. 
He’s not a tweener. And if they get their hand so. Him. He’s a disruptive, a penetrator makes the entire dline better. Exactly what we’re missing. And if he hits hit curling he’s a top 3 DT
(04-19-2023, 06:28 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I just don't see the Bengals drafting a d-linemen with 30 5/8 inch arms in the 1st round.
I hope we do. We missed Larry o badly last year and it showed.
(04-19-2023, 07:31 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Carman had/has work ethic, maturity flags. Both of those apply to Jones. 

Jones has never had work ethic questions. Just ask his teammates. He showed up over 400 lbs to osu, put the work in, kept the weight off and played his entire career at 370-375.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2023, 10:41 PM)Jpoore Wrote: I need some answers on the hate of dawand jones…. #1. He dominated Georgia. More so that cj stroud did. #2. He was asked to pull plenty. #3. He’s so big and long, it’s why he dosent give up anything

I also wonder if we pass on him and KC picks him at 31 how folks would feel. OT is going to move up boards and you might argue he should be a third rounder. But "should" is not the same as "is". 

I wouldn't take Gibbs in the first round. I also wouldn't take Dalton Kincaid though I have no doubt the Bengals will consider him if he is there. He is probably exactly what Joe Burrow wants. 

Of course with threads like this some of the players named to avoid will definitely turn out to be stars. Some of us will be wrong...maybe me. Probably me. LOL

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I was watching and reading reports about Dawand Jones pro day non participation and came to find out the Steelers are very interested in Dawand Jones. Combine, senior bowl, pro day, and draft visit. At least they are spending a lot of time with him. I guess trying to figure out his mental make up.

Steelers are picking 17 and 32. If they think he has the mental makeup I doubt they pass him up twice.

Or something stupid happens and he falls to the Ravens in the 3rd round like Zeus.
Reply/Quote
So much nonsense in this thread:
Calijah Kancey - no, but Geno Atkins yes?
Dawand Jones - you are picking late first, what type of OT do you expect to get?

No one is saying anything about the Tenn OT, I’m not against it but I’m not for it. I also haven’t heard much about arguments against the Notre Dame TE who had a slow combine. Or Kincaid who had a bad back.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2023, 10:23 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I should clarify I don't think he's a bad prospect. I just think he's going to be more limited in certain schemes. Most players are.
I know the Bengals shifted more to a gap scheme last year, but it seems to change about every year with Pollack (because nothing seems to work very well?), so I never know if he's going to go back more to wide zone or not. And as I said, I don't like his slow feet, although he was able to make due in college because of his excellent size and length to compensate.

Yes, Jones success is going to be very scheme dependent in this league.  And that is a bad thing because it is foolhardy to believe that an offense can get be sustainably successful by only running one type of scheme or playset.  (remember when the wildcat rushing attack was the greatest thing ever, for about 6 games one season..)  Having a diverse set of physical tools is paramount for an OL to enable an offense to have continued success in this day and age.  

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Kancey is no Atkins. Who was a bull with strength, extension, and lenght. Kancey if you watch his game tape, is a tweener who looks like a base defensive end who can move inside but will get manhandled in the run game. He's not an every down player if you are trying to keep him on the inside.

Nor is Kancey Aaron Donald. He's much closer to Sample then what people want to realize. Sample, gives good reps from the 3t position too, and has the length and better size. He should get more looks inside and maybe with the signing of Basham or a DE in the draft, he will.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2023, 10:56 AM)jj22 Wrote: Kancey is no Atkins. Who was a bull with strength, extension, and lenght. Kancey if you watch his game tape, is a tweener who looks like a base defensive end who can move inside but will get manhandled in the run game. He's not an every down player if you are trying to keep him on the inside.

Nor is Kancey Aaron Donald. He's much closer to Sample then what people want to realize. Sample, gives good reps from the 3t position too, and has the length and better size. He should get more looks inside and maybe with the signing of Basham or a DE in the draft, he will.

This is vastly incorrect, especially stating kancey will get manhandled in the run game. He’s a disruptive exactly what we need. His floor is elite at that, ceiling is top 3 DT
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2023, 11:54 AM)Jpoore Wrote: This is vastly incorrect, especially stating kancey will get manhandled in the run game. He’s a disruptive exactly what we need. His floor is elite at that, ceiling is top 3 DT

For real? His floor is elite? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Dalton Kincaid for me.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2023, 02:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: For real? His floor is elite? 

Elite penetrator, not dt
Reply/Quote