Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Über Driver Just Screwed Me!
And not in the good way!

I presented to two classes at NKU and my friend that drove me had to go to work in Lexington, so I ordered an Über to pick me up at NKU and take me home.

It said he was on his way but we wanted to make sure he knew how to get around NKU's campus, so one of the students that was helping me called him and he confirmed that it was all good and he was on his way. The map on my phone says he's 7 or 8 miles away and all the sudden I get the notification that says "your trip is complete. Rate the trip and you can leave a tip."

What the hell?

The trip log says he picked me up and dropped me off at my place, and it charged me for it, but we had to order another Über to come get me and actually take me home.

I complained from my ap, but has anyone else ever had a problem like that?
Reply/Quote
your evil doppelganger got a free ride

*have never used uber so I don't know how it works.* but once they view your complaint I'm sure that driver will not work for uber any more.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2018, 06:13 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: your evil doppelganger got a free ride

*have never used uber so I don't know how it works.* but once they view your complaint I'm sure that driver will not work for uber any more.

I'm not sure how it works on the driver's end, but I'm thinking he just clicked "trip complete," they billed me, and he went and got another person.

I hope that they take my complaint seriously and at least do something to him (as well as refund my money), especially since the guy looked creepy as hell in his picture.
Reply/Quote
And your Momma told you what when you was growing up? Don't trust strangers! Damn kids never learn. LOL...

Just kidding Brad! Although, I'm starting to get a very weird thought. What if you became a Uber driver and only picked up drunk chicks? They only have one place to sit? See where I'm going here? Make lemonade my friend (after you get your money back from Uber).

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2018, 07:23 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I'm not sure how it works on the driver's end, but I'm thinking he just clicked "trip complete," they billed me, and he went and got another person.

I hope that they take my complaint seriously and at least do something to him (as well as refund my money), especially since the guy looked creepy as hell in his picture.

When the driver picks up a rider, he has to swipe START TRIP.  He cannot complete a trip he hasn't started.  Sounds like some kind of glitch.  Uber's software is not perfect but it's pretty damned good.  He will not get paid for it.  If you complain, it will get fixed.  Might not be immediate but it will get fixed.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2018, 08:58 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: And your Momma told you what when you was growing up? Don't trust strangers! Damn kids never learn. LOL...

Just kidding Brad! Although, I'm starting to get a very weird thought. What if you became a Uber driver and only picked up drunk chicks? They only have one place to sit? See where I'm going here? Make lemonade my friend (after you get your money back from Uber).
LOVE IT!  

Plus, I can pack lots of drunk chicks into my crippled van and, if my wheelchair isn't in there, there's the entire middle of the van where the middle seat would be for chicks to be drunk and falling all over each other all sloppy!

Then, they look at me and think "BUCKET LIST!"

PERFECT!  
(03-02-2018, 09:51 PM)McC Wrote: When the driver picks up a rider, he has to swipe START TRIP.  He cannot complete a trip he hasn't started.  Sounds like some kind of glitch.  Uber's software is not perfect but it's pretty damned good.  He will not get paid for it.  If you complain, it will get fixed.  Might not be immediate but it will get fixed.

I complained and they refused me.

No big deal and no harm done besides for waiting for 30-to-45 minutes longer.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2018, 10:30 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: LOVE IT!  

PERFECT!  

That's what I'm here for brother!  Cool 

Keep makin lemonade.

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2018, 09:51 PM)McC Wrote: When the driver picks up a rider, he has to swipe START TRIP.  He cannot complete a trip he hasn't started.  Sounds like some kind of glitch.  Uber's software is not perfect but it's pretty damned good.  He will not get paid for it.  If you complain, it will get fixed.  Might not be immediate but it will get fixed.

I'm thinking that whomever Brad used to make the call, was in on the scam.  Perhaps they used Brad's money and enjoyed the ride?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2018, 10:30 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: LOVE IT!  

Plus, I can pack lots of drunk chicks into my crippled van and, if my wheelchair isn't in there, there's the entire middle of the van where the middle seat would be for chicks to be drunk and falling all over each other all sloppy!

Then, they look at me and think "BUCKET LIST!"

PERFECT!  

I complained and they refused me.

No big deal and no harm done besides for waiting for 30-to-45 minutes longer.

Sounds like a fast one was pulled. Especially if they refused your complaint. 

Hope it was not too costly of a charge. Like Sunset believe other guy had something to do with it. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2018, 01:55 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Sounds like a fast one was pulled. Especially if they refused your complaint. 

Hope it was not too costly of a charge. Like Sunset believe other guy had something to do with it. 

I meant they refunded me, not refused.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2018, 09:48 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I meant they refunded me, not refused.

No harm, no foul then

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
For the record though, tried to get a uber driver to screw me once but she just pulled over and told me to get my drunk ass out of her vehicle.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Weird.

Only thing close to a bad experience I’ve had with one of those was lyft last summer in Chicago. Wasn’t a huge deal or anything like this, just a driver that kept rerouting, took an hour and 7 minutes to go what was supposed to be two miles. Missed our train, barely caught the last one.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2018, 12:18 PM)Go Cards Wrote: No harm, no foul then

Except that it took me a lot longer to get home and had to take the time to go through all the steps and file the complaint to get my money back.
Reply/Quote
My Uber account was once hacked, which was weird because I never linked a credit card to it but the person who hacked it did (I assume stolen). The person kept using it down in Georgia and I kept getting notifications. I tried canceling the account multiple times but they were able to reactivate it because of a flaw in the design of how they have the process built to cancel. I kept changing the password, but I believe they linked their cell phone as the recovery device so they could keep reactivating it. Basically to cancel you have to go into the website and cancel but if you go to the app again and sign in within a week it reactivates. I sent a bunch of emails to customer support and they each would send back one reply saying they fixed it then it got reactivated. Finally I sent them a nasty email telling them that any further activation of my account would be considered negligent business practice, as I had provided all relevant information required to permanently remove my account under their terms of service, and I'd pursue legal remedy against them. They replied back quickly permanently deleting their account and admitting they dropped the ball. Interestingly they refunded the credit card charges to whoever it was card the person was using too.
Reply/Quote
Never have used Uber, but did drive a cab for about 8 years of my life . 
One nice bit of advice is to never pass out drunk in the back of a taxi unless you like paying for the grand tour of the city .
When people passed out drunk in my cab they always paid dearly for it. I'd take the long way then call the cops to collect payment.  Yeah ,sounds shitty, but drive a cab for a few years and you become cynical about drunks.. I let one guy get away with it once and I ended up paying for his nap. The next time he did it we took a trip to Cincinnati from Dayton and back then I parked in front of his house for an hour then called the cops to wake him up . They got him to the door and his wife hit him over the head with a cast iron skillet then the cops collected for my $150 fare for a 2 mile trip and a $20 tip for the cops..  True story. They didn't do anything to his wife except take the skillet away from her . 
The cop told me they love those kinds of calls.. There's absolutely no defense for passing out drunk in the back of a cab.. lol
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
That kind of behavior sounds 1) buggy or 2) could get him fired quickly. If your driver rating is not super high you're usually kaput.

Uber has a huge surcharge on the nights where they expect people to b edrunk (friday night, saturday night, etc). You're talking 4x, 5x mode. So when you get home and sober up the next week, you see your bill and are like wtf, and it's too late.

In general Uber is great if it's in your area, I gladly pay $13 for a honda civic to pick me up and take me right outside the Q to see Lebron play. I don't deal with the traffic or parking (which is the same or more). Of course I have to get home too...
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I dunno .I kind of miss those old Checker cabs with the back seat big enough to raise a family of elephants in it.. jump seats and all.. A friend in Dallas drove one of the last of the old style Checkers. He told me it got about 2 miles to the gallon, not exactly the most economical vehicle on the road.  
https://www.google.com/search?q=old+style+checker+cab&client=ms-android-hms-tmobile-us&prmd=simvn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiis_um2-nZAhVElVkKHShpAXcQ_AUIEigC&biw=360&bih=518#imgrc=WpXNm-xlUnsoEM:

Cool part about those old Checkers is you could go down the roughest road in town and never feel it.  
How about an original 65 Checker Marathon for a mere $14,500? 
https://classiccars.com/listings/view/1066206/1965-checker-marathon-for-sale-in-sonoma-california-95476
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote