Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone else HATE MNF, SNF & TNF?
I hate night games maybe it's just based on history prior to Denver Cleveland games. But I really hate TNF
Who Dey!!!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 09:13 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: I hate night games maybe it's just based on history prior to Denver Cleveland games. But I really hate TNF

I do hate TNF. It's sloppy, nasty, and tired football.
Reply/Quote
It would be nice if they started the game at a certain time according to the audience. For instance, if the home team is on eastern time, start the game at 7pm ET, so you don't have to stay up till midnight. People on the west coast don't care as much. Starting the game at 830-900 is TOO late
Reply/Quote
I can't tell you how many times I've stayed awake till 2am watching a baseball game in extra innings till the 19th inning or so. Bottom line is nobody is forcing anyone to stay up late to watch. Maybe they should though ..you know ..Send armed thugs to everyone's house to make sure you're still awake and haven't missed a single snap. The penalty for getting caught peeing during a snap.. Castration!
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
What I love is being out West. Since moving to Phoenix I can watch games at 10/11 in the morning, and night games are over at a reasonable time. It's great being to watch the Bengals, at say 10AM and still have the entire afternoon to do whatever. Of course I had to give up my season tickets, but at least the TV watching is much improved.
Reply/Quote
I absolutely love my Sunday at 1:00 routine, but I always end up having a really great time during the night games.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I don't like any home game that doesn't start at 1 PM on Sunday. It's a pain in the ass to attend those. If they're on the road, I'm fine with a primetime game. Just turn off the tv and go to sleep when it's over.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
HATE THEM! (check out those effects) I am a creature of habit
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 06:59 PM)Whacked Wrote: Sundays afternoons are for football and I hate late games. Nothing better than a relaxing on a Sunday afternoon watching my favorite team with some good grub.

Can't stand when we play any other slot but Sunday afternoon and yeah, I will even cry harder and say at 1pm

Ok, I'm done Tongue

Whacked crying and hating?

Who would have thunk it?
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 06:59 PM)Whacked Wrote: Sundays afternoons are for football and I hate late games. Nothing better than a relaxing on a Sunday afternoon watching my favorite team with some good grub.

Can't stand when we play any other slot but Sunday afternoon and yeah, I will even cry harder and say at 1pm

Ok, I'm done Tongue

I hate Thursday night football.  Thursday is too soon for these guys to play again after playing on Sunday.  
Reply/Quote
Thursday night football is very tough on the players and coaches, but it is probably a cash cow for the networks. In this particular case it worked out for the Bengals because it looked like they prepared for the Steelers and the Browns while on their bye and then they have 11?? days to prepare/heal up for the Texans.

Living on the west coast was weird because you could get up on a Sunday and go right to watching football. And for the first couple of September MNF games it would still be light out when the game was over.

They used to have games on Saturdays starting in late November when the college season was over but it doesn't seem like they do that much anymore. Sunday night football is great for NBC although god love him sometimes I get really annoyed at Cris Collinsworth (I swear he has a man crush on Ben Roethlisberger).

Going to London to play seems like it would be really difficult. I notice that it's mostly the bottom half teams that play there. Maybe it is a way to give incentive for teams like the Bengals to keep playing well (although I heard they are going to play their next year and of course that would be great for Bengal fans in England and Ireland).
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2015, 04:33 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Whacked crying and hating?

Who would have thunk it?

Fred priggish condescension and sanctimonious pontification?

Imagine that. 

Oh well, it suits you and that dorkish wanna-be-a-Philosopher photo with that God-awful tie you have in your avatar.

PS: That you on Fox News? Always wondered. You look better without glasses.

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
No. I only hate the steelers.
Reply/Quote
I prefer the 1:00 (12:00 here) time slot, but I prefer actually being able to watch the games above all else. SNF and MNF let that happen, so I'll tolerate them. It's the "only on NFL Network" crap I can't stand.
Reply/Quote

Ok, I'm done Tongue

I love prime time games. I am a season ticket holder and also have the ticket to watch every game. Yes, I am addicted to NFL football and watch 4 to 8 games at a time on Sundays with the Bengals game when the Bengals are on the road. While at home, I tape all the games to watch them later. I rarely miss any NFL game.

So, in my case, a Bengal's home prime time game let's me view all of the NFL games if it is Thursday or Monday. The Sunday games I get to see all of the 1:00 games live so I get the most out of my ticket.

I love prime time games.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I like afternoon games because it gives me an excuse to start drinking at noon.

I thought that was the only reason anybody likes football.
Reply/Quote

Ok, I'm done Tongue

I've read a lot of players over the years prefer the Sunday 1pm games because they get into a routine and they don't like that routine disrupted.  That's why I prefer the 1pm games.  I usually DVR the games and watch them later anyway.  This year I have NFL Gamepass so I usually watch the games in the evening anyway.
Reply/Quote
I dont like the TNF games because they are generally bad games to watch, but it is nice having these next 3 sunday days off. Get to enjoy the rest of the league via Redzone & get stuff done around here too that I alaways put off this time of year.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
TNF is just dangerous, totally with Arian Foster on that. They preach heads-up football, changing rules to protect players etc, yet they are happy, for mere financial gain, to trot a team out only 4 days after a previous game. It's a disgrace really.

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2015, 02:03 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: TNF is just dangerous, totally with Arian Foster on that. They preach heads-up football, changing rules to protect players etc, yet they are happy, for mere financial gain, to trot a team out only 4 days after a previous game. It's a disgrace really.

I thought this also, but I read an article a year ago (I will try and find it) and the injury facts did not back up the  argument and less injuries have occurred in Thursday games over the years, both season ending and other injury.

That article shocked me as all I can think of was Geno A. at Miami.

The study is done (according to the article) as a discussion point with the players association each year. It was done prior to Thursday night football going full blown and is down each year as it was also a major concern for both coaches and players.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote