Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone else HATE MNF, SNF & TNF?
I don't mind SNF or MNF games for OTHER teams. I want to see the Bengals at 1PM on Sundays.

I can't stand TNF period. It helps to dilute the 4PM Sunday pool of games, too much on the players, and it's another prime time game that most people in Eastern time can't watch to completion and still get a full nights sleep before work.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I prefer 4 PM Sunday games. Hate Thursday night. Monday or Sunday night is ok though
Reply/Quote
I don't think anyone likes Thursday games. I wish they'd go away forever, including Thanksgiving.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2015, 04:53 PM)StripesInSuffolk Wrote: I don't think anyone likes Thursday games.  I wish they'd go away forever, including Thanksgiving.

I agree for the night game.  I like the Cowboys and Lions games during the day.  Gotta have something to watch when eating turkey!
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2015, 04:53 PM)StripesInSuffolk Wrote: I don't think anyone likes Thursday games.  I wish they'd go away forever, including Thanksgiving.

I much prefer watching football on Thursday nights than anything else on TV.

I don't think it is a good idea for the players, but as a fan I love getting to see more NFL football.  And according to the TV ratings I am not the only one.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2015, 04:53 PM)StripesInSuffolk Wrote: I don't think anyone likes Thursday games. I wish they'd go away forever, including Thanksgiving.

NFL Thanksgiving football pre-dates WWII. So, you can get rid of that Thursday nonsense every other week of the year, but dammit, I want football on Thanksgiving Day. It's part of the holiday, along with family, food, and enjoying not having to work until Monday.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I liked night games when I was younger and was more into partying while watching football.

Now that I'm older with kids, I just like my 1pm routine.

The Thursday games are kinda fun though, because we get to see the Bengals twice in 5 days.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 06:59 PM)Whacked Wrote: Sundays afternoons are for football and I hate late games. Nothing better than a relaxing on a Sunday afternoon watching my favorite team with some good grub.

Can't stand when we play any other slot but Sunday afternoon and yeah, I will even cry harder and say at 1pm

Ok, I'm done Tongue

I cannot stand games on any other day except Sunday. I also cant stand how they have made college football play any game that is just a hint out of the ordinary on Saturday night. I hate watching Indiana/Illinois and Colorado vs Washington St. in the daytime only to have LSU Ala at 8:00 when Im not concentrating on football because I am too buzzed! lol
Reply/Quote
Ok, there is something I really hate. That annoying song on Sunday night football. Someone really ought to remove her vocal cords and toss em in the river.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2015, 10:27 PM)grampahol Wrote: Ok, there is something I really hate. That annoying song on Sunday night football. Someone really ought to remove her vocal cords and toss em in the river.

Not sure why they make such a big deal about her, like I tune into hear her lame country caterwalling and not to watch a football game.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I enjoy MNF, SNF and TNF, in that order.
Reply/Quote
Thursday night football is the only one I don't like. It's just very meh and it's too soon to make players play. Sometimes teams play Monday and then play Thursday. That's 2 days of prep. Normally they get 3.

Everything else I'm fine with though.
Reply/Quote
Never been a fan of primetime games. My entire week is centered around Sundays, so playing primetime makes things feel off for me.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
I don't like Thursday games.  

As far and Sunday night or Monday . I'm ok.

My preference is Sunday at 1pm
Reply/Quote
Thursday night games should end due to risks of injuries increasing. Thats noy enough rest.

Reply/Quote
We've already stated Thursday night does not produce a higher rate of injury, though it may produce a shittier game due to less prep, etc.

I like Thursday night football because I don't have to wait 6 days between Monday and Sunday. It breaks up the week and keeps us fed with more NFL that I typically wouldn't watch because the Bengals are on. I get to watch more teams and learn more about different players that I otherwise wouldn't key in and watch a full game of.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

Reply/Quote
No, I love them. Our HOA does not allow satellite so we can't get the NFL Sunday Ticket package. Because of this, we go to a sports bar to watch all of the games that are not nationally televised. I enjoy being able to watch the nationally televised games at home.
Reply/Quote
I live in CO, so we're 2 hours behind. I like the primetime and later afternoon games. It gives me time to get my long run in on Sunday mornings without having to make a mad dash back to the house.
Reply/Quote
I don't mind them for other teams, but have to admit that I'm not a huge fan of the Bengals having them at home. Have season tickets so have to take a half day to try to beat rush hour but even then, traffic is always a pain. Get home late then have to work the next day... I prefer my Sunday 1:00 home game. Have that routine down to a science.
[Image: 29p43f6.png]

Quote:"Massillon High School is ahead of us," owner Mike Brown said when asked about an indoor practice facility. "We don't have one."
Reply/Quote
No. Two main reasons.

I'm out of market so primetime games are usually the only ones I get to see live easily (ie, not watching it illegally or driving somewhere). With the makeup of the markets, sometimes it's a two hour drive before I could get to watch the game.

And second, I like beer. I like having a beer with the game. Sometimes — if the game is really good or really bad — I have a few. I don't like being completely blitzed by 2 or 3 on Sunday afternoon.
Reply/Quote