Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone else feel this way?
This is easily the least fired up I have been for Bengals Sunday in years!

I haven't had such a profound lack of confidence in our Bengals as a guaranteed loss with zero shot to win a game ..... in years now!

In years past, it didn't matter who we were going to play or where, we were going to be competitive and could squeak out a win if we dialed in our talent and focus.

This year is such BUST.

I imagine this is what it feels like to be at Carolina Panther fan this year too. Super Bowl contender ....to ... the bottom fell out pretender. All in one season.
Reply/Quote
Take a step back from the ledge for a moment. This team is not done and I feel confident we can win this game today, even in their house. Relax, crack open a beer and start believing again.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Ain't a chance in heck we win today. Perhaps you cracked open several beers already Big Grin
Reply/Quote
Good teams rise up from the ashes to win games like this where all odds are seemingly stacked against them. bad teams fold under the pressure and get throttled again. I think today will go a long way in knowing exactly what this team is, for better or worse.

That being said, yes I too have much lower expectations right now and am not nearly as excited as I have been/want to be. But I will be watching as always and that can change very quickly with solid play all around. The proof will certainly be in the pudding. I just hope it's not tapioca. I hate tapioca pudding.

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 11:32 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: Good teams rise up from the ashes to win games like this where all odds are seemingly stacked against them. bad teams fold under the pressure and get throttled again. I think today will go a long way in knowing exactly what this team is, for better or worse.

That being said, yes I too have much lower expectations right now and am not nearly as excited as I have been/want to be. But I will be watching as always and that can change very quickly with solid play all around. The proof will certainly be in the pudding. I just hope it's not tapioca. I hate tapioca pudding.

Well said.  IMHO I think so many things ride on today's game for many reasons.

The playoff hopes are currently in the ICU in critical condition.

A miracle win today, could send those hopes from the ICU to a semi-private room in stable condition.

A beat down today would send the hopes into an induced coma on life support.

Even if they WERE to make the playoffs, I see no SB hopes whatsoever because of holes mostly attributed to inexperience.

Making the playoffs this year, would, however, be good experience for the inexperience and new faces to build on for next year.

(Wait .....  did I, a Bengals fan, just say 'next year'????)   Shocked
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 11:24 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Take a step back from the ledge for a moment. This team is not done and I feel confident we can win this game today, even in their house. Relax, crack open a beer and start believing again.

With that talk I think your already riding the wave Tyron Biggums!
Reply/Quote
I gotta say, I'm still pretty let down over the performance (or lack of), in Dallas last week. I'll definitely watch the game, and be hoping for the Bengals to pull off the miracle. However, rather than staying glued to the TV this week, I may do some yard work and check in from time to time.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
when was the last time this team won a game they were expected to lose?
right now this team needs a infusion of some fire and win at all costs attitude.
who is the leaders on this franchise?
I see the same standard company lines week after week
we will get better
we have to look at film
we have to start doing our jobs
we are a better team than this

fine great. dont talk about it. do it.
Reply/Quote
I think we have a chance to win. People are just upset about the ads whooping that we took last week. We don't have a good chance to win, but it's a lot higher than what people on this board thinks.

As to the OPs question... Yeah, I'm not as excited about this game. I just can't get hyped for it. We will have to start playing great football to win this week, and I don't think the coaches will be able to have a game plan to make it work. Its not a talent problem in my mind. I will think the Bengals will have a chance against anyone because of our talent. The coaching especially this year has tempered my expectations for this team.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 11:56 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I gotta say, I'm still pretty let down over the performance (or lack of), in Dallas last week. I'll definitely watch the game, and be hoping for the Bengals to pull off the miracle. However, rather than staying glued to the TV this week, I may do some yard work and check in from time to time.

I share your sentiment. If we would've lost by a couple points - no big deal. Any given Sunday right?

The problem I had with this team is that we looked like a high school football team out there last week compared to Dallas. It was despicable.

We went from "middle of the road" to bottom of the heap... in one week.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 11:59 AM)impactplaya Wrote: when was the last time this team won a game they were expected to lose?
right now this team needs a infusion of some fire and win at all costs attitude.
who is the leaders on this franchise?
I see the same standard company lines week after week
we will get better
we have to look at film
we have to start doing our jobs
we are a better team than this

fine great. dont  talk about it. do it.

When was the last game we were expected to lose in? I don't mean expected to barley loose either.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 12:01 PM)Whacked Wrote: I share your sentiment. If we would've lost by a couple points - no big deal. Any given Sunday right?

The problem I had with this team is that we looked like a high school football team out there last week compared to Dallas. It was despicable.  

We went from "middle of the road" to bottom of the heap... in one week.

Part of me keeps hoping that last week was the "wake up" call that they needed to pull their collective heads out of their asses.  Our rivals, the Steelers got their asses handed to them by the Eagles, how did they respond?  I'd like to think that the Bengals have enough professional pride to respond in similar fashion.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 11:21 AM)Whacked Wrote: This is easily the least fired up I have been for Bengals Sunday in years!

I haven't had such a profound lack of confidence in our Bengals as a guaranteed loss with zero shot to win a game ..... in years now!

In years past, it didn't matter who we were going to play or where, we were going to be competitive and could squeak out a win if we dialed in our talent and focus.

This year is such BUST.

I imagine this is what it feels like to be at Carolina Panther fan this year too.  Super Bowl contender ....to ... the bottom fell out pretender. All in one season.

I can't argue we are on a very bad path. However, if we lose today looking ahead our schedule softens a little. We will be 2-4 having played 2 home games and 4 road games with a loss. I look at our home schedule and know if they get their act together will be favored in at least 5 of the 6 remaining games. 

So let's say the finish 5-1 at home rest of the way. I know one game is in London which ticks me off as we are a team with hold field advantage so that hurts us.
Then we have games on the road against the Ravens and the Browns, I think both are winnable. We struggle against the Texans, but I think the loss of Watt is huge and we beat that at Houston 2 years ago soundly, so it is winnable. I think the Giants game is also winnable.

My point is we don't have a tough road or home schedule the rest of the way so way too early to throw in the towel even if we get spanked by arguably he best team in the NFL today where Brady is 48-1 against AFC teams outside the East division in his career.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I will watch the whole game.

Unless the score is 50 to 0 at half time, then I will loose interest.

I think there is a 10% maybe 20% chance that they will win.  
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 12:07 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I can't argue we are on a very bad path. However, if we lose today looking ahead our schedule softens a little. We will be 2-4 having played 2 home games and 4 road games with a loss. I look at our home schedule and know if they get their act together will be favored in at least 5 of the 6 remaining games. 

So let's say the finish 5-1 at home rest of the way. I know one game is in London which ticks me off as we are a team with hold field advantage so that hurts us.
Then we have games on the road against the Ravens and the Browns, I think both are winnable. We struggle against the Texans, but I think the loss of Watt is huge and we beat that at Houston 2 years ago soundly, so it is winnable. I think the Giants game is also winnable.

My point is we don't have a tough road or home schedule the rest of the way so way too early to throw in the towel even if we get spanked by arguably he best team in the NFL today where Brady is 48-1 against AFC teams outside the East division in his career.

Agreed.

As long as we don't mentally check out at 2-4, I see 11-5 or 10-6 as very achievable.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 12:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Part of me keeps hoping that last week was the "wake up" call that they needed to pull their collective heads out of their asses.  Our rivals, the Steelers got their asses handed to them by the Eagles, how did they respond?  I'd like to think that the Bengals have enough professional pride to respond in similar fashion.

One problem with that.

Tomlin is no Marvin. Lol

GINORMOUS difference -- and this rears its ugly head in so many different ways for this team.

No one in this franchise including the owner DEMANDS to win
Reply/Quote
Marvy vs Bill B. Someone's about to get bullied.
Reply/Quote
I'm hoping for the best but expecting the worst. I will watch every second regardless. Actually woke up pretty pumped-up then I read Tom Brady is 48-1 at home vs. AFC opponents since 2007.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 12:36 PM)JumboTron Wrote: I'm hoping for the best but expecting the worst.  I will watch every second regardless.  Actually woke up pretty pumped-up then I read Tom Brady is 48-1 at home vs. AFC opponents since 2007.

[Image: psrez.jpg]
Reply/Quote
For me, this is the least fired up I have been for a season in a long time, let alone today. Maybe if they make the playoffs and depending how they are playing at that time, I might get fired up again. But after the changes or lack there of that were made this off-season, I was pretty apathetic going into week one. And seeing how they have played since hasnt exactly done much for me. That said, I will still watch all the games, comment on them etc but not just a Bengal fan, but as an NFL fan too.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote